Football Manager 2019

ajwffc

On ‎07‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 13:03, Aidan said:
On ‎06‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 11:22, M0rtonfc said:
I've not long purchased an Amazon Fire HD tablet, as far as I can see I can only purchase FM Mobile for it, I've never seen the mobile version of it, any good?

It's okay for a quick game if you're sitting on a train or something but it's ridiculously easy so it becomes very boring very quickly

Uch!

Man Utd's absolute bodying of Chelsea inspired me to start a save with them. James, Wan Bissaka and Maguire already there from 2019/20 update but also brought in James Rodriguez, Thomas Partey & Cristian Pavon (he really is a bargain, 4 million and so far has 5 goals in 10 apps with an average rating of 7.61). Darmian and Bailly were punted and also tried and failed to offload Jones, Lingard, Rojo & Young. They all do have interest in them now so hopefully I can get that done in January.

Only defeat so far was a 4-1 pumping to Spurs who sit top of the league. Really tight top 4 so far after 11 games;

1. Tottenham 26
2. Liverpool 25
3. Man Utd 24
4. Man City 24

Breezing through my Europa League group so far of Brondby, Maribor & Rennes and have into the Carabao QF against Man City.

On 09/08/2019 at 10:21, Big Fifer said:

I've managed to take East Fife up the leagues over the course of about 15 years and won the treble last year. Found the scouting much harder because they've made the time scales more realistic on how long it takes to get a report; previously I could just look at the youth intake and get like 30 reports a day and have a factory of prospects coming through. No more.

The issue I'm having now is that when we were low on budgets and wages in the top tier, the scouts were great at finding young kids in eastern Europe and Africa that I could sign and develop (still on £8k a week mind, fucking Brexit). Now that the budget is increased, all of a sudden I'm being recommended players at PSG and Man Utd, and I don't plan on spending £10m+ on a player for a long time, mainly because we can't afford it in the slightest.

Any tips on how to stop this? I've tried changing the scout's general focus to young players but they've just went to scouting EPL youth players who, again, will cost a fortune. Might have to just take charge of scouting myself and assign them to certain countries. 

On 09/08/2019 at 16:04, ajwffc said:
On 09/08/2019 at 10:21, Big Fifer said:
I've managed to take East Fife up the leagues over the course of about 15 years and won the treble last year. Found the scouting much harder because they've made the time scales more realistic on how long it takes to get a report; previously I could just look at the youth intake and get like 30 reports a day and have a factory of prospects coming through. No more.
The issue I'm having now is that when we were low on budgets and wages in the top tier, the scouts were great at finding young kids in eastern Europe and Africa that I could sign and develop (still on £8k a week mind, fucking Brexit). Now that the budget is increased, all of a sudden I'm being recommended players at PSG and Man Utd, and I don't plan on spending £10m+ on a player for a long time, mainly because we can't afford it in the slightest.
Any tips on how to stop this? I've tried changing the scout's general focus to young players but they've just went to scouting EPL youth players who, again, will cost a fortune. Might have to just take charge of scouting myself and assign them to certain countries. 

Assigning the scouts yourself is probably the best way to do it. Their might be an option in the top left corner of the main scouting screen(depending on what skin you use) that allows you to tell the chef scout what you want them to look for.

Not technically an answer, but I've discovered that you can get players recommended to you through a DOF.

If you've got one, go to transfers tab, then DOF, and theres a suggestions bit. Select the type of transfer, position, and role, and if hes good enough he'll bring players up. Found a few crackers through it on lower league saves.

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not technically an answer, but I've discovered that you can get players recommended to you through a DOF.

If you've got one, go to transfers tab, then DOF, and theres a suggestions bit. Select the type of transfer, position, and role, and if hes good enough he'll bring players up. Found a few crackers through it on lower league saves.

Yeah I've used that before. I've always preferred scouting for younger players and developing them though, it tends to work better when you're an East Fife team that's broken the big time because the club's rep never gets high enough to sign players of a level where I can make an impact in the Champions League, so signing the youngsters that hopefully turn amazing is the only way. That way also allows me to punt players for bigger fees and improve the facilities because currently, they're pretty average.

I'm now trying to use the old method of scouting youth intakes but my data analysts are taking ages, my analyst facilities were non-existent before the start of my current season, I assume the crap facilities are partly to blame for how long this takes? (ps no feckin' idea what the data analysts actually do)

In the process of updating all the Scottish transfers, as none of the workshop ones seem to give a f**k about it. 

Could take days :lol:

Thats the top flight done :lol:

Lower leagues will be mental with the amount of transfers, some players don't exist in game either, so Dumbarton will be fun...

Edited by RandomGuy.

Season 4 with Berwick has been great so far. Played up til December and only lost 1 match. Particular highlights, 3-0 win away at Ayr, 3-0 at home to Ross County and a 5-0 win over East Fife.

Game I lost was Stranraer away. Them, us, County and Brechin are the top 4, only a couple of points seperating us, which is a wee bit frustrating considering I've only lost 1 of about 15 games. Most seasons I'd be running away with it, but I'd just be happy to finish in the playoffs.

Knocked out every cup at the first stage though which has been pish, but I've got about £800k sitting in the bank. Downside is, it's near impossible to sign anyone decent. Even players at League One clubs lower than me aren't interested.

Tried to sign a young winger from Hibs, rejected because he didn't want to leave Edinburgh, signed for Cork City a week later...

On 09/08/2019 at 07:19, Stellaboz said:
On 07/08/2019 at 14:15, LondonHMFC said:
I didn't realise they did a console version. 
Can remember the good old days of LMA manager.

I was a huge fan of Alex Ferguson's Player Manager 2000. Absolutely sensational.

Aw man, the memories! Was there not the option to edit kits and the stadium in-game?

I remember you could take out massive loans from the bank. I borrowed 100m and signed Zidane and other high-profile players for Ayr United. I was only ten at the time and didn't realise that I had to pay the money (plus a ridiculous amount of interest) back! That save soon ceased being fun. 😂

6 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

What?! I don't remember that but what an option!

You could get approached by dodgy foreign agents and offered a player. The more I think about that game, I get the urge to look for it. I'm sure I've still got it somewhere. It would be a good laugh to play it again.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1839962895

That, should be, the link to the initial updated Scottish database. Borrowed another edited one for transfers from other countries so hopefully they're also mostly correct.

Any obvious, glaring errors in anything just let me know and I'll update it, I'll try and update it as the window goes aswell anyway.

Lower league teams have a lack of players sometimes simply due to their signings not existing on FM. I'm not creating players I have no idea about.

No players were edited but some wages were guessed at, for example I reduced Brysons at Aberdeen as it was initially at £20k. All contract lengths are done by length of deal, rather than year, to prevent lower league teams being saddled with players on two year deals.

Updated the update with the signings today, and added in a couple of moves in Europe. I'll try and update it as much as I can which might get annoying for folk starting games, but means it should always be up to date as best as I can get it.

I'm hoping to get squad numbers correct, and try and confirm all my contract lengths, over the next couple of weeks. League Two is a hard one to keep track of though.

11 games left of season 4 with Berwick. Currently on a run of 8 straight wins which has me 5 points clear of Ross County whom I play at home in 2 weeks. Massive end to the season coming. Promotion to the Championship would be unbelievable. Hoping to hit a million in the bank account before the seasons out too. Would be nice to try and get my youth facilities upgraded before the new intake comes in.