Football Manager 2019

ajwffc

Transfer window done. DoF done alright.

Big outgoings were Matt Ritchie for £7m, not too bad as he was shite last year and Jacob Murphy is back from loan, while Jack Clarke caught fire at the end of last season.

Hayden for £11m. Bit annoyed as hes capable of playing multiple positions, including right back when I'm, once again, stuck with Manquillo.

Lascelles for £20m. Had become my, only, solid CB and was captain. Arsenal snatched him away though, decent money.

Incoming as replacements were Phil Jones for £15m. A joke figure IRL but is usually solid in game, instantly my best CB, as the only other option is Ciaran Clark or some jobber who returned from a non-league loan.

Denis Suarez for £6m. Left wingers have been poor, and I did want another option after Kenedy left, so I'll see how it goes. Could be a masterstroke.

Mallan is a joy, I was quite far on in the game when I joined Hibs and signed David Turnbull (for free) to partner him in midfield, it was glorious.

I also have turnbull but he js out on loan at the moment

Does anyone else play FM19 mobile version? I bought it a couple of weeks ago as it was reduced and I've been loving it, reignited my love of FM to the point where I'm considering diving back into the full blown version when it comes out this year.

Started a game with QP, disappointed to see that we weren't strictly amateur in the game with everyone on between £20-£70 a week but went ahead anyway. Ran away with both League 2 and then League 1 in my first two seasons, only signing a couple of free agents & loans in my first season and a few more loans & regens in the next. Won the Championship on the last day of the season, finishing one point ahead of Motherwell after getting a vital victory over them in the run-in. Just started my first season in the top flight, a 2-1 victory over Aberdeen followed by a 2-0 loss to St Mirren. 

Tried to spend as little money as possible to keep it realistic, have only spent £40k on transfers while having sold players for 10 times that amount. Wages starting to get a bit high now that I'm in the top division and I have to keep offering new contracts to my best players in order to recalculate the buyout clauses I've entered. I've got a young striker who appears to be increasing in value by £200k a week right now, and he's worth double his buyout clause. Relegating him to the reserves until the window shuts in the hope no-one comes in for him 😂

Edited by Dave

Started a save with Coleraine and in my second season have gotten to the third qualifying round of the Europa League (finished 3rd and won the Northern Irish Cup in my first season)

Unfortunately the NIFL have no chill when it comes to rescheduling games for European runs 7 games in 17 days (including a charity shield which I will probably just throw in a bunch of kids to rest key players)

image.thumb.png.6fa363cf4c11582bfed984f1b9b032cc.png

1 hour ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Any League 1 must signs? My Raith team are coming very close to chucking away the league by January.

Don't know if you can get him, but Finn Ecrepoint from Ayr has proven to be an amazing LB for me. I've taken him from Barnet in the Conference, to Dundee in the Premiership to Middlesborough in the Championship and subsequently Premier League and despite him not being quite EPL level he still averages over a 7 for me.

Jayden Onen is a decent AMC if you can get him on loan from Brentford.

Rai Simons is a good target man at the start of the game and free. Tom Dinsmore was my wonderkid at Barnet and he's also a freebie.

On 18/07/2019 at 12:15, Dave said:

Does anyone else play FM19 mobile version? I bought it a couple of weeks ago as it was reduced and I've been loving it, reignited my love of FM to the point where I'm considering diving back into the full blown version when it comes out this year.

Started a game with QP, disappointed to see that we weren't strictly amateur in the game with everyone on between £20-£70 a week but went ahead anyway. Ran away with both League 2 and then League 1 in my first two seasons, only signing a couple of free agents & loans in my first season and a few more loans & regens in the next. Won the Championship on the last day of the season, finishing one point ahead of Motherwell after getting a vital victory over them in the run-in. Just started my first season in the top flight, a 2-1 victory over Aberdeen followed by a 2-0 loss to St Mirren. 

Tried to spend as little money as possible to keep it realistic, have only spent £40k on transfers while having sold players for 10 times that amount. Wages starting to get a bit high now that I'm in the top division and I have to keep offering new contracts to my best players in order to recalculate the buyout clauses I've entered. I've got a young striker who appears to be increasing in value by £200k a week right now, and he's worth double his buyout clause. Relegating him to the reserves until the window shuts in the hope no-one comes in for him 😂

I downloaded the mobile version about 8 years ago for a few long haul flights. I absolutely pissed every division with Dumbarton and deleted it before I got to New Zealand because it was too easy. If you're doing the same with QP then it doesn't look like it's changed much.

21 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I downloaded the mobile version about 8 years ago for a few long haul flights. I absolutely pissed every division with Dumbarton and deleted it before I got to New Zealand because it was too easy. If you're doing the same with QP then it doesn't look like it's changed much.

I have been fearing that the mobile version is too easy, but I was just putting it down to my excellent managerial skills 🙃.

Finished 3rd in my first season in the top flight, nine points clear of St Mirren in 4th but 19 & 13 behind Celtic & Rangers respectively. Won a Betfred/Scottish Cup double after shit-festing my way to two 1-0 victories over Celtic. Suppose that also gives weight to the claim the mobile version is much easier...

6 minutes ago, Dave said:

I have been fearing that the mobile version is too easy, but I was just putting it down to my excellent managerial skills 🙃.

Finished 3rd in my first season in the top flight, nine points clear of St Mirren in 4th but 19 & 13 behind Celtic & Rangers respectively. Won a Betfred/Scottish Cup double after shit-festing my way to two 1-0 victories over Celtic. Suppose that also gives weight to the claim the mobile version is much easier...

Always has been, simply isn't a big enough game to get the AI right.

Its still fun though, sometimes the full game is too full.

On 24/07/2019 at 11:37, RandomGuy. said:

Always has been, simply isn't a big enough game to get the AI right.

Its still fun though, sometimes the full game is too full.

The mobile/touch versions of the game can be more "fun". I think I played the Touch version of FM2017 more than the full version.

21 hours ago, TheIntenseHummingOfEvil said:

The mobile/touch versions of the game can be more "fun". I think I played the Touch version of FM2017 more than the full version.

They are what they are. If you play the PC version, you pay £30 or whatever for a huge, complex database that can take you as long as you want to get round it.

With the phone version it costs around £8 on release day, so you don't expect a lot. It reminds me of the good old days of Champ Man where you just flew through games. I'll still spend a lot of time during pre season scouting players etc. Like I would on the PC, but once you're up and running you can fly through a season in hours.

There are ways to make it challenging, but ultimately it is pretty easy. But it's still pretty damn realistic, and far more so than any other football management type sim on that platform.

Downloaded this as it’s free if you’ve got an Xbox game pass. Started up with saints and beat Zenit 4-0 in Steven Anderson’s testimonial. Anderson is on loan at Partick so wasn’t in even in the squad.

Haven’t played an FM since 15 so a bit of getting used to but seems ok so far

Just now, gav-ffc said:

Don’t even know where to start with this.

• Quit game and Exit
  • Start FM
  • Start New Career Game
  • Choose anyone but Celtic or Rangers

Just now, RandomGuy. said:
  • Quit game and Exit
  • Start FM
  • Start New Career Game
  • Choose anyone but Celtic or Rangers

Haha true.

As posts before I’m letting the DOF take charge and he’s doubled the wage bill after the 60 million for Tierney.