Football Manager 2019

ajwffc

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

The only thing that annoys me about the financial side is the fair play stuff.  One season with Watford I was projecting all season to violate the fair play rules, it stopped me signing more players in January and I went through the process of trying to remove some high earners (and failing). At the end of the season, as if by magic, we passed the financial fair play rules despite it saying the week before we were destined to fail. I just don't understand how it's calculated and it's led to me completely ignoring what the fair play things says and signing whoever I want.

This is the part where I have to confess that I play older versions, albeit with up to date squads etc.

4 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I think if you're in the Premier League, Financial Fair Play only makes a difference if you're in Europe. Not sure if it's the same in the game. 

It seems to give a fair play section for the league and another for Europe if you're involved.  The season in question I was playing in the EURO Cup with Watford.

It seems to give a fair play section for the league and another for Europe if you're involved.  The season in question I was playing in the EURO Cup with Watford.

I always thought the TV money comes in just before the financial fair play deadline so it was pretty much impossible to fail it.

I haven’t played it for a few years though so I could be completely wrong.

I’ve never really done a Scotland save but into one at the moment.

Struggling for a decent right back and keeper, in 2023 I’ve got Clark and O’Donnell and they are 2 stars at best. 

Had some cracking regens but all strikers/CAMS so had to change my usual 4321 to a 4312 tk squeeze them in. Hoping for a half decent right back to complete the back four of Soutter-McKenna-Tierney/Robertson.

Scotland saves are great when you've actually got games, but the time spent in between international breaks is obviously boring as f**k. I also can't be bothered doing both club and country at the same time.

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

Scotland saves are great when you've actually got games, but the time spent in between international breaks is obviously boring as f**k. I also can't be bothered doing both club and country at the same time.

Aye I’ve turned down every job can’t be arsed with a club save the now.

These boys  tho 😍

18D38501-8663-4168-8A4F-5E1BE1977E30.jpeg

C7F8AA40-D4F2-4D66-9D31-B34D315E9BF7.jpeg

275D68EE-972C-4611-818B-53DB67757920.jpeg

Edited by gav-ffc

On 27/06/2019 at 14:32, The Moonster said:

The only thing that annoys me about the financial side is the fair play stuff.  One season with Watford I was projecting all season to violate the fair play rules, it stopped me signing more players in January and I went through the process of trying to remove some high earners (and failing). At the end of the season, as if by magic, we passed the financial fair play rules despite it saying the week before we were destined to fail. I just don't understand how it's calculated and it's led to me completely ignoring what the fair play things says and signing whoever I want.

On 27/06/2019 at 21:21, PB1994 said:

I always thought the TV money comes in just before the financial fair play deadline so it was pretty much impossible to fail it.

I haven’t played it for a few years though so I could be completely wrong.

The projection never seems accurate as it never factors in prize money I think.

It is possible to fail it though, I've seen players on the SI forum get banned from Europe, and I had a massive Scottish save last season where a team failed FFP and got banned from Europe for a season.

Started strong in League One with the mighty Berwick, winning my first 4 games. Lost the last 2 though including a 4-1 spanking at Firhill to recently relegated Thistle. :) 

Happy with my start though, be happy just to avoid relegation and 12 points straight off the bat should go a long way to help achieve that. 

Downloaded a 19/20 update that I had to make a few adjustments to myself. But I think I've got the Scottish clubs transfers up to date. Will fire it up on the workshop once I figure out how to :lol:

Started a Clyde save on it and won 3/3 in my Betfred group so far against Queens Park, Partick Thistle and QOS. And no I've not edited the Clyde players attributes to make them better.

Started a DoF game with Newcastle. 

Good points: He signed Tonali and Jack Clarke for me.

Bad points: He sold Yedlin and didn't replace him, so my only right back is Manquillo, who's been sent off and injured and forced me to play Hayden there. He also gave Diame a new contract, despite the fact he cant get ahead of Longstaff in the team, is over 30, and has huge wages.

6 hours ago, dysartrovers said:

Does anyone know of a database for fm2019 with a return to the European cup, UEFA cup and the Cup winner cup? Can't find it anywhere

Probably better to ask on one of the FM specific forums such as sortitoutsi or fm scout.

16 hours ago, The Moonster said:

That sounds like complete hell. I always take all responsibility away from the DoF, never had one do me a turn.

I've had a few saves lately that have been too easy. Mostly lower league saves where I simply sign the best scouts, sign any player they rate as having 5* potential and then just play them regardless of form. 

This gives me no control over transfers, and I'm avoiding the star ratings too. Sort of working as my top scorers are Longstaff and Joselu, the latter wouldve been sold based on his rating before.

See how his signings go in the next Summer. Apparently it depends on their "club knowledge" how theyll do and the early windows can be a bit sketchy.

Edited by RandomGuy.

My January signings from the DoF weren't so great. Elliot, Schar, Fernandez and Ayoze Perez were all sold, due to a mix of me saying they weren't needed and unhappiness because they weren't playing. I finally got a new RB, with him loaning in a young Dutch one from Ajax Jong, we then got a left winger on loan from Bilbao who was needed at the time because of an injury crisis, but became reduntant after about three appearances when everyone recovered. He replaced Rob Elliot with a keeper released by Accrington.

We scrapped our way to safety in 16th, and I've kept my job. 

Summer business has started with him refusing to buy Kenedy outright for £30m as per a clause in the loan contract. Rondon has also left after his loan spell.

RG - With Rondon gone and Joselu/Gayle struggling in pre-season, I sure hope the DOF signs me a striker this Summer

DOF- Signs Daniel Sturridge for £18m, potentially £25m

RG - Looks at medical report and cries. Tells reporters that he believes Sturridges injury problems are behind him, as saying anything would lead to him starting his career here badly.

presses continue

Physio - Daniel Sturridge has picked up a thigh strain and will be out for 4 weeks 

😂

After a very strange few months during which I went from title contenders with Hibs, to sitting in 6th place after going about 6 games without a win, to qualifying for the knock-out stages of the Euro Cup and finally to me being offered the Benfica, Newcastle and Chelsea jobs within 3 days of each other, I am now the proud manager of Benfica. Was tempted for a return to England but thought f**k it, lets try something different. Lots of young guys in their squad and money to piss away freely, but a board that are expecting a lot philosophy wise (bizarrely they want big money signings and youth players who can impact the first team brought in).

Perhaps it's just me taking the game a bit too far, but I genuinely felt the weight of expectation rise on my shoulders when I clicked "Accept". You get a genuine buzz at taking up a new job, as if it were going to actually alter your real life in some way. Madness.

After a very strange few months during which I went from title contenders with Hibs, to sitting in 6th place after going about 6 games without a win, to qualifying for the knock-out stages of the Euro Cup and finally to me being offered the Benfica, Newcastle and Chelsea jobs within 3 days of each other, I am now the proud manager of Benfica. Was tempted for a return to England but thought f**k it, lets try something different. Lots of young guys in their squad and money to piss away freely, but a board that are expecting a lot philosophy wise (bizarrely they want big money signings and youth players who can impact the first team brought in).
Perhaps it's just me taking the game a bit too far, but I genuinely felt the weight of expectation rise on my shoulders when I clicked "Accept". You get a genuine buzz at taking up a new job, as if it were going to actually alter your real life in some way. Madness.

I started a hibs game an its class. First season i won the scottish cup, league cup, finished 2nd and got to the europa league second knockout where last minute chelsea winner put me out.

Second season i came 2nd and got to the semi final of europa league.

Third season and i need to beat besiktas to get into champs league group stages.

My team is

Bogdan

Gray - joachim nilsson - eoghan o’connell- nelom

Ryan gravenberch - stevie mallan

Daryl horgan - ryan christie - ryan kent (loan)

Larsson (forgot his first name but henriks son)

Not sure how i managed to get gravenberch. He is only 18 and is bloody tremebdous. Honourable mention to marko bulat who should be signed by most players. Cost me £200k and just sold him for £12m with 40% sell on clause.

Norwich bid £19m for mallan as he is also tremendous but he rejected it.

I also have several dutch wonderkids on the bench who are developing well.

Just been taken over after tom hunter retired. Some norwegian tycoon. He is upgrading the training facilities. Currently got £16m in the transfer budget but dont need to buy anyone. Hopefully get into the champions league and get some decent money.

1 minute ago, Aufc said:

I started a hibs game an its class. First season i won the scottish cup, league cup, finished 2nd and got to the europa league second knockout where last minute chelsea winner put me out.

Second season i came 2nd and got to the semi final of europa league.

Third season and i need to beat besiktas to get into champs league group stages.

My team is

Bogdan

Gray - joachim nilsson - eoghan o’connell- nelom

Ryan gravenberch - stevie mallan

Daryl horgan - ryan christie - ryan kent (loan)

Larsson (forgot his first name but henriks son)

Not sure how i managed to get gravenberch. He is only 18 and is bloody tremebdous. Honourable mention to marko bulat who should be signed by most players. Cost me £200k and just sold him for £12m with 40% sell on clause.

Norwich bid £19m for mallan as he is also tremendous but he rejected it.

I also have several dutch wonderkids on the bench who are developing well.

Just been taken over after tom hunter retired. Some norwegian tycoon. He is upgrading the training facilities. Currently got £16m in the transfer budget but dont need to buy anyone. Hopefully get into the champions league and get some decent money.

Mallan is a joy, I was quite far on in the game when I joined Hibs and signed David Turnbull (for free) to partner him in midfield, it was glorious.