Football Manager 2019

ajwffc

On my Rangers save Hamilton have become a big Europa League force with a dugshit team. Selling out almost every game, if they've got money I'd expect them to expand their stadium soon.

Also a couple of seasons back myself and Celtic lost the title fight to Florian Kamberi, who banged in 36 goals for Hibs that season.

Currently in 2023/24. Feel like this might be my final FM19 save.

Are there usually summer updates on the "current" FM with transfers and promotions/relegations for next season. Would be good while waiting on FM20.

Not played this for a while but started a Kilmarnock save yesterday. Only transfer business has been Liam Polworth in from ICT for 60k and Rory McKenzie out to Aberdeen for 225k (rising to 275k). Not much money to play about with but at least I have a few assets, one of which I'll probably cash in on in January if there's offers to build a side ahead of next season. Bit irritating that I already have 6 loans and can't terminate any of them so haven't been able to bring in any loan signings. Although to be fair the loans already there are all contributing.

Breezed past all the lower league sides in my Betfred Cup group (Berwick, Edinburgh City, Queen's Park) but had a howling 0-3 home defeat to Livi. Still won the group though and got Celtic. c***s scored a last mine equaliser to draw 2-2 then won on pens. That was their revenge on me for beating them 2-1 in the league a few days earlier. Won 4/5 in the league so far and sit top. Defeat was a disappointing 0-2 at Dens Park in a match I absolutely dominated :lol: Celtic have had an awful start. Sit 11th with 2 draws and 2 defeats from 4 games. Even Morelos scored a Parkhead winner into them!

Edited by C. Muir

13 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Are there usually summer updates on the "current" FM with transfers and promotions/relegations for next season. Would be good while waiting on FM20.

SI don't do one themselves but if you  look at the workshop section on steam and someone will have one up just after the season starts 

Not played this for a while but started a Kilmarnock save yesterday. Only transfer business has been Liam Polworth in from ICT for 60k and Rory McKenzie out to Aberdeen for 225k (rising to 275k). Not much money to play about with but at least I have a few assets, one of which I'll probably cash in on in January if there's offers to build a side ahead of next season. Bit irritating that I already have 6 loans and can't terminate any of them so haven't been able to bring in any loan signings. Although to be fair the loans already there are all contributing.
Breezed past all the lower league sides in my Betfred Cup group (Berwick, Edinburgh City, Queen's Park) but had a howling 0-3 home defeat to Livi. Still won the group though and got Celtic. c***s scored a last mine equaliser to draw 2-2 then won on pens. That was their revenge on me for beating them 2-1 in the league a few days earlier. Won 4/5 in the league so far and sit top. Defeat was a disappointing 0-2 at Dens Park in a match I absolutely dominated :lol: Celtic have had an awful start. Sit 11th with 2 draws and 2 defeats from 4 games. Even Morelos scored a Parkhead winner into them!

I usually find sortitoutsi to be the best. Good aswell because you can submit your own data changes to them if you notice stuff missed.

Picked this back up recently and started a save with Reggina in Serie C.  Doing well joint top of the league going into my last game against bottom side Rende, they set up with probably the most "park the bus" formation I have seen in this game, essentially 3 CB's, 2 DM's and 2 wing backs  

image.thumb.png.42ba77e97a1c66f6a7e5278eaf9bc284.png

It didn't work...

image.png.9b5de75961d443ece538e75643ebbef9.png

Picked this back up recently and started a save with Reggina in Serie C.  Doing well joint top of the league going into my last game against bottom side Rende, they set up with probably the most "park the bus" formation I have seen in this game, essentially 3 CB's, 2 DM's and 2 wing backs  
image.thumb.png.42ba77e97a1c66f6a7e5278eaf9bc284.png
It didn't work...
image.png.9b5de75961d443ece538e75643ebbef9.png
I have tried an even more park the bus in the past. Flat back 5, 3 DM's and 2 CM's.

Just finished my first season with Accies. A v respectable 8th finish but lots of negatives. 

I had an atrocious start to the season, losing 5/6 games in a row (inc. a second round Betfred defeat), but ended up winning four games in a row - all 1-0. My form was great until late November/early December until it all just plummeted. I think I only won 3 games after Christmas (beating Dundee in the SC before losing in the following round to Hibs) and ended the season on 39 points - the ineptitude of other propping the league position up. Handing Livi half of the four victories was pretty embarrassing, as was my failure to register a single win against 11th placed Motherwell. 

I stayed with tiki-taka for much of the season but happily shitfested games against teams 4th and above, which never quite worked out. Started with a 5-2-3 before changing to a 4-3-3 (or 4-1-2-3) and finishing with a 4-2-3-1. 

Shaun Want and Delphin Tshiembe - two failures IRL - were probably my best performers, although the latter had plenty of brain farts, and James Keatings was top scorer with 7. My strikers were all awful and Keatings only seemed to score when played as a '10' or winger.

Liam Fontaine was my only signing as I didn't have a CB who could play on the left of a three. He did alright but no more.

That said, given that I was just winging it the entire time and the players were wildly inconsistent, I consider it to be a success. 

As I said, I didn't really touch the transfer market, so this summer will be pretty interesting. 

Bought the bullet and got this the other week after skipping fm 2018.

First season went really well, managed to get promoted at the first time of asking with Thistle purely through i) Coulibaly not reflecting his real life performances for Thistle and bagging a handy amount of goals in the game, and ii) managing to get a solid enough back 4 including an excellent Italian centre half that we could shitfest our way to either a 0-0 draw away or sneaking 1-0/2-0 wins.

Lawrence Shankland is out of contract and willing to talk to me but the compensation is £700k or so. Praying I can get Ayr to take a nominal deal before someone else snaps him up. Have already agreed a deal with Ayr to sign up Liam Smith for about £40k or so purely on the strength of him being highly recommended by the scouts, seems like a no brainer too going by the stats.

Freed up most of the squad, got £16k per week free in the wage budget (and counting!) but hardly anyone under contract that I've any confidence in for next season.

Signed Gregory Tade who, while generally quite meh, bagged a double in a Scottish Cup win over Hibs that immediately repaid his signing. Great lad.

I have a feeling I've got one of the shittest Brexit's possible; £8k a week for first team regulars, £3k a week for youngsters, no idea if it's the same as FM 2017 in that you can get work permits if players have a high enough PA either. tbh I'll keep plugging away - I have a bit of a feeling that, if I'm judicious with my transfers it'll be possible to bitchslap the AI in the transfer market and laugh as they sign utter shite for their first team while I'm busy grabbing the best value possible.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

Started one with Berwick Rangers at the weekend and got about halfway through my first season.

Didn't pick up a win in my first 6, and got dumped out the Irn Bru and Betfred cups in the first round. Managed to get Dundee United as a parent club so relying on their youngsters to bail me out the shit. I've slowly crept up the table though and sit 7th, about 7 points off the playoffs.

Financially going in the right direction. Getting to the 4th round of the Scottish Cup helped a lot. Beat Bathgate Thistle after a replay at home in the 2nd round and beat Morton 3-2 at home before being spanked 5-1 by Aberdeen at Pittodrie.

I’m halfway through my sixth season in a Hibs save and we’ve won 5 in a row, plus a treble treble as well as winning the Champions League last year.

Went down the route of trying to build an entirely Scottish squad, just have one foreigner in it at the moment.

Team is (4-2-3-1)
Liam Kelly

Kieran Freeman, Ryan Porteous, David Smith (rg), Greg Taylor

Allan Campbell, Kyle Magennis

Peter Bockaj, Anthony MacDonald, Mikey Johnston

Lawrence Shankland

19 minutes ago, Blue White Dynamite said:

I’m halfway through my sixth season in a Hibs save and we’ve won 5 in a row, plus a treble treble as well as winning the Champions League last year.

Went down the route of trying to build an entirely Scottish squad, just have one foreigner in it at the moment.

Team is (4-2-3-1)
Liam Kelly

Kieran Freeman, Ryan Porteous, David Smith (rg), Greg Taylor

Allan Campbell, Kyle Magennis

Peter Bockaj, Anthony MacDonald, Mikey Johnston

Lawrence Shankland

That is mightily good going. I think I must be shite at this game as everyone I know seems to be able to win the Scottish leagues with Hibs/Hearts/Aberdeen but I can't get near Rangers in my game.  I've been at Hibs for 2 seasons now after 5 years at Watford and I've got an excellent team, I think one of the best in the league, but Rangers are about 10 points clear of me and Aberdeen in 2nd. I'm coming to the last 3 months of the season and I've hit good form, so I'm hoping for a bit of a collapse from Rangers, but I highly doubt that will materialise. Celtic for some reason are a complete shambles and look set to finish 5th this season. 

The 4-2-3-1 was too inconsistent for me, I would hammer Aberdeen with it then struggle to break down Hamilton. I've switched to the 4-1-2-3 with an anchor man in DM and I'm much more solid defending and attacking, but everyone I know seems to have unmitigated success with the 4-2-3-1 so I'm assuming I've not got it set up right.

Ended my first season with Berwick in 7th place.

Rebuilding job commenced started early doors and persuaded Hearts, Hibs and Newcastle to come to Shielfield for friendlies which boosted the coffers, and I had large wins away at Eyemouth, Dunbar, Hawick and Gala Fairydean.

Decided last night I'd play until I lost my first league game. Went to bed at 2am after a 3-1 defeat to Montrose on matchday 21. Worth every minute. Saying that, I'm still only a point clear at top.

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

That is mightily good going. I think I must be shite at this game as everyone I know seems to be able to win the Scottish leagues with Hibs/Hearts/Aberdeen but I can't get near Rangers in my game. 

Depends how willing you are to believe them, the SI forums are filled with people who've won the CL within 2 seasons with Salford, or something equally mad, then reveal they've downloaded exploit tactics, muddled with the editor, and reloaded after every loss.

I've had a York save on the go. Scummed my way through the National North division in season one, before finishing 13th in the National League season two.

Third season had me 20pts clear by the end of January, Coventry came in for my keeper and off he went for £80k as he was a team leader and would go in a huff if I kept him. Thought my second choice was capable.

Took me until the final day to secure the title, thanks to Eastleigh losing.

I'm now in League Two with absolutely no confidence in my team, and nobody of League Two standard is interested in joining, could be a slog of a season and hopefully be able to stay in the division to try and attract better players.

Key players have been former St Mirren keeper Billy O'Brien, who I sold to Coventry bought managed to buy back this Summer for £20k, and former St Mirren striker Ross Stewart, who's bagged about 25 goals over 60 games.

Depends how willing you are to believe them, the SI forums are filled with people who've won the CL within 2 seasons with Salford, or something equally mad, then reveal they've downloaded exploit tactics, muddled with the editor, and reloaded after every loss.

Success doesn’t last, just finished season 6 and finished 4th, won the Scottish however.

15 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I fail to see what enjoyment is brought from this kind of play but each to their own I suppose.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I fail to see what enjoyment is brought from this kind of play but each to their own I suppose.

When I was younger I used to do this.  Got bored of losing every week.

Then I had a year where my flatmate and I played a joint game that lasted about 20 in game seasons and we were in charge of the 2 best sides in Europe - Kaiserslautern and Ross County :lol: 

Never mucked about on a game since.

On 25/06/2019 at 11:46, The Minertaur said:

When I was younger I used to do this.  Got bored of losing every week.

Then I had a year where my flatmate and I played a joint game that lasted about 20 in game seasons and we were in charge of the 2 best sides in Europe - Kaiserslautern and Ross County :lol: 

Never mucked about on a game since.

Used to love doing the money cheat and just holidaying every match. Could be good fun but it's much more satisfying when you unlock clubs potential by just putting the work in.

I'm an absolute geek for the financial side of it. Makes me really wish they would make a director mode.

21 hours ago, Connor1874 said:

Used to love doing the money cheat and just holidaying every match. Could be good fun but it's much more satisfying when you unlock clubs potential by just putting the work in.

I'm an absolute geek for the financial side of it. Makes me really wish they would make a director mode.

The only thing that annoys me about the financial side is the fair play stuff.  One season with Watford I was projecting all season to violate the fair play rules, it stopped me signing more players in January and I went through the process of trying to remove some high earners (and failing). At the end of the season, as if by magic, we passed the financial fair play rules despite it saying the week before we were destined to fail. I just don't understand how it's calculated and it's led to me completely ignoring what the fair play things says and signing whoever I want.