Football Manager 2019

ajwffc

13 minutes ago, TheIntenseHummingOfEvil said:

5c9e24feaedb9_ScreenShot2019-03-29at14_00_05.png.3e7874ae9ad1e24644c1610ab178d1e0.png

Chelsea appear to be having a very bad season in 2024/25. :lol:

Oddly enough the season after they flirted with relegation all season, whilst having a pretty decent team. They eventually stayed up by two points.  Bristol City are one of the biggest sides in England now. Last Champions League draw they were a first seed, whilst Man City were second. 

Started a career in Bundesliga 2 as Koln. Obviously expected to go up. Looking likely I'll go up in 2nd behind Hamburg which was expected. Started with a decent transfer budget and added to it by selling 3 of my best players. I then decided to raid Rangers, buying Morelos, Barisic & Katic. Managed to get Gotoku Sakai from Hamburg as we badly needed a right back. Also got the amazing Carles Alena on loan from Barcelona.

Morelos understandably is too good for this league, really looking forward to seeing him in the Bundesliga (assuming we don't balls this up). Only 5 yellows so far this season, the risky signing has paid off!

image.thumb.png.b641d04e4d27f9e22ff76df72fdaf30d.pngimage.thumb.png.7c3c045f660f423ce1536a328ea47a93.png

4 hours ago, LondonHMFC said:

Oddly enough the season after they flirted with relegation all season, whilst having a pretty decent team. They eventually stayed up by two points.  Bristol City are one of the biggest sides in England now. Last Champions League draw they were a first seed, whilst Man City were second. 

Chelsea ended up moving their manager Fatih Terim upstairs into a DoF role and tried to appoint me to take over.

I turned them down.

Got Scotland to Euro 2020 through the Nations League, scudding Finland then Albania in the final stages. We'd finished behind 3rd in a group of Holland, Wales, Azerbaijan and Macedonia.

We got a group of England, Wales and Austria. Lost 1-0 to Austria, drew 1-1 with Wales, then lost 2-0 to England.

Ended up winning a Division B group of us, Bosnia and Sweden, so think I maybe get a second shot at WC qualifying through that? Either way I'll be roundly humped in the top division next time around. WC Qualifying group is Poland, Greece, Estonia and Hungary. Already lost to Poland away, but then beat Greece at home before playing them away a few days later and drawing 1-1, so should be in place for at least 2nd and a play off place.

Been giving young players a go. Billy Gilmour and Harry Cochrane both capped a few times, while McCrorie, Morgan and Mikey Johnston all have ~20 caps in 2021.

This is my biggest gamble though, gave him his first cap at 16, when he was still in Hibs youth and before he'd even made a senior appearance. Since then hes moved to Liverpool and come on shit tonnes. None of the standard players look like they'll be any use, apart from Ben House who might be sort of useful, so I'm hoping this guy keeps developing by getting loan time away from Liverpool (scored 8 in 15 in EFL League One after January) and by playing for Scotland.

5ca119f6b3962_KevinMcNeil_OverviewProfile.thumb.png.3e5e978d6280ffc7f1618fcccaa847f5.png

I dunno if it's because it's April 1st today or on the game or both, but I just got told I was being given £500m to spend on players and a new stadium and to 'please accept' - when I pressed accept it just said 'April Fools'. 

I dunno if it's because it's April 1st today or on the game or both, but I just got told I was being given £500m to spend on players and a new stadium and to 'please accept' - when I pressed accept it just said 'April Fools'. 
It has been in the game for the last 10 versions and if you get April 1st on April 1st you can get the chance to get the message

I put my Koln save on hold after seeing a couple of young USA players on it and thought that'd be quite fun trying to see if the players could live up to their potential. I've actually spoiled it by peaking too soon. My team are so young that they can have a  crack at defending the World Cup in 4 years time.

Weah out wide is ridiculous. Has 28 goals in 39 games for the national team at just 22 years old.

image.thumb.png.6cc2d8d471232afafad5fde367c5524b.pngimage.thumb.png.0c091dc1a25316487ac2050aabe0fbc9.png

Havent played much FM recently but jumped back in to my Queen's Park save and managing QP is harsh.  Smart Oslador started my first season on fire with 6 goals in 8 games before a Nigerian side offered him a contract that pays actual money.  As QP are an amateur side there was nothing I can do about it

On 31/03/2019 at 20:50, RandomGuy. said:

WC Qualifying group is Poland, Greece, Estonia and Hungary. Already lost to Poland away, but then beat Greece at home before playing them away a few days later and drawing 1-1, so should be in place for at least 2nd and a play off place.

Finished 2nd on 19pts, alongside Poland, and qualified as one of the best second placed side.

Scotland off to a World Cup :lol:

I thought I could maybe head to the 2026 World Cup in good spirits as defending Champion with the idea of actually retaining it being a wee bit daft as we were incredibly lucky to win it previously. I've only now just realised we're not only the holders but also the hosts. There will likely be a bit of pressure on to at least mount a challenge. We're less than a year out and have no decent right backs whatsoever.

On 02/04/2019 at 08:25, RandomGuy. said:

Finished 2nd on 19pts, alongside Poland, and qualified as one of the best second placed side.

Scotland off to a World Cup :lol:

Just to follow up on this, as I played some last night.

Group was England, Uruguay and Australia.

Beat Australia 3-0, then 2-0 up against Uruguay at half time, only to blow it and end up drawing 2-2.

Uruguay were 3-0 up against Australia, and England were beating me 1-0, making it arse clenchingly tight on goal difference, as Uruguay had lost 2-0 to England. We won a penalty, up steps John Souttar to smash it off the bar, luckily Australia scored in their game almost instantly. Games finished that way and we qualified in second thanks to goal difference.

Second Round was Denmark, who have an obscene regen striker at Chelsea who was on the shortlist for World Player of the Year.

We go 1-0 up, they equalise through Eriksen, then regen c**t pops up with a screamer. 80 minutes go before Stuart Armstrong scores a screamer of his own. Everyones deed through extra time so nothing happens.

Penalties go to 9-9, Denmark had missed a penalty but then Andy Robertson missed one straight after. They finally miss again, and Callum Paterson steps up and sends us into the Quarters.

Italy wait there though, so that'll be my world cup over.

Be a final farewell to some players I think. Callum McGregor has already been overtaken by Gauld, and we also have Cochrane playing regularly for Fulham in the EPL, and Billy Gilmour has become a regular at Chelsea (alongside Tierney and Souttar). Stuart Armstrong also being replaced by regen AMs who have spouted up, and the same will happen to an ageing Griffiths who barely plays for Celtic these days.

13 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Penalties go to 9-9, Denmark had missed a penalty but then Andy Robertson missed one straight after. They finally miss again, and Callum Paterson steps up and sends us into the Quarters.

From hero....

5ca8f739ceb79_DanielBegg_Inbox-2.thumb.png.94ad0c7d5b1f18a2120d6609230d757a.png

... to zero.

I just can't get into this FM. I've started Juventus, Man United, Dundee, Clyde, Scotland and Clachnacuddin saves all in an attempt to get into this years game and nothing has lasted past 1 day.

Looks as though 7th is the best I'll do in my Queen's Park game, trying to develop a bunch of regens has it's problems, I continually give up comedy goals but the players who had been scoring are no longer scoring consistently.  Only win in about 2 months was a 3-0 triumph over bottom side Elgin.  I had been going with a 4-2-3-1 gegenpress but it wasn't going well so I switched to a 4-4-1-1 wing play and proceeded to lose 2-0 at Berwick...

19 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I just can't get into this FM. I've started Juventus, Man United, Dundee, Clyde, Scotland and Clachnacuddin saves all in an attempt to get into this years game and nothing has lasted past 1 day.

You're not missing much, tbh.

Started a new save with Saints. Hamilton set up with three centre forwards now Rice is manager.

A total glitch formation that murders the game. Hamilton didn't sign anyone, yet ended up top of the league in December.

It's just so so shite

Average first season in my QP youth development, Edinburgh City ended up going up, Elgin survived the trapdoor

image.png.233c3ac7a789f11168aef09cc56b9625.png

Late season run in doesn't make for great reading though

image.png.c131d5f7b8d96d0056e929d6ea7dfd4f.png

Jamie McKernon was player of the year, 14 goals in 40 games from midfield is pretty good

image.png.2fda19b98e99375776ff782c64b2890a.png

Edited by senorsoupe