Football Manager 2019

ajwffc

My FM playing has gotten a little bit stale over the last few weeks but started an Aberdeen save the other day. Budget spunked on the signing of Craig Halkett and the free agent Jordan Mutch arriving on a decent wage.

Had been playing 4321 but reverted to a diamond recently as GMS and McGinn have been injured more often than not with the team shaping up like;

Lewis
Logan Devlin McKenna Lowe
Ball
Mutch Shinnie
Stewart
Cosgrove Wilson

Cosgrove had a bit of a slow start but since said formation change he's been scoring for fun in a supporting target man role with Wilson an advanced forward. Currently 3rd but still in touching distance of the Old firm at the top. Beat Rangers in the league and in the Betfred cup semi final and couldn't believe it when I seen I'd be playing Partick Thistle in the final. That should be a trophy in the bag in my opening season. Only league defeat so far was at Celtic Park.

In europe I despatched of a couple of diddy mobs then had a freak 3-0 win in Zenit (lost the 2nd leg 1-0 at home but obviously through on agg). The aforementioned RB Leipzig proved a step too far though and I was eliminated in the final qualifying round.

The year is 2023 and I'm stuck with Innes Cameron up front for Scotland. Looks like some good regens coming through the U21's though, hope they push towards their potential and we could have a good team on our hands.

Failed to make it to Euro 2020, losing the playoff final to Norway 1-0. Surprised I wasn't sacked after this.

Made it to the 2022 World Cup but lost every group game.

Now trying to make it into Euro 2024.

7 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Does the World Cup actually stay in Qatar in November-December now, or they move it like in last year's game? Who won it? 

It stays, club seasons are a nightmare that year, as they take a break for it.

Yup [emoji38] I've tried Clark a few times but nothing special, McGillivary (sp?) at Portsmouth looks sort of alright aswell.
One of those "pray a newgen appears" scenarios [emoji38]
I'm now in 2024 and the best I have is still Zander bloody Clark although I did make it to the final of the euros

Really enjoying this years FM, probably because I have had a decent save with County. 

Will post some screenshots later of my history, but County are now the dominant side of Scottish football. Roy MacGregor has left the club with a local businessman coming in. I have been pillaging South America for young talent, and they seem to be adjusting to life in Dingwall with no issues. 

Ten seasons in now,  and just beat Real Madrid 3-1  at The Ross County Stadium (30,000) in the Champions League group stage. Still haven't won the league cup in that time, have managed the League and Scottish Cup a few times. I don't have the quality for the Champions League yet, but I am fairly confident I could have a crack at the Europa League. 

Youth facilities are pumping out some talent, one being Adam Carrick. A covering centre back who looks like he has the potential to be one of the best defenders in the world. 

In the 4th season of a Man Utd save and playing Real Madrid in the Super Cup. The fixture is arranged on an international weekend which means I'm having to patch together a team of under 18s and half fit first team players who didn't get called up.

Genuinely great fun. 

Edit: 3-0 win, two early goals from Jadon Sancho who aggravated a hamstring injury and is now out for four weeks. A third from a 16 year old mezzala described as 'the next Nobby Stiles'. 

Edited by AMMjag

7 hours ago, dysartrovers said:
On 25/03/2019 at 08:12, RandomGuy. said:
Yup emoji38.png I've tried Clark a few times but nothing special, McGillivary (sp?) at Portsmouth looks sort of alright aswell.
One of those "pray a newgen appears" scenarios emoji38.png

I'm now in 2024 and the best I have is still Zander bloody Clark although I did make it to the final of the euros

How did you get on with Angus Gunn?

I've been pestering him for a year and hes changed from no interest to considering the possibility if  "circumstances change". Managed to persuade Che Adams to switch after a year.

10 hours ago, dysartrovers said:

Got a few good Regens through but desperately need a goalkeeper IMG_20190328_141340.jpgIMG_20190328_142111.jpgIMG_20190328_142223.jpgIMG_20190328_142255.jpg

I made it to the final of Euro 2024 too... and lost 2-1 to Portugal after extra-time. One of the most gutting experiences in Football Manager but getting to the final was a great adventure.

I've been pestering him for a year and hes changed from no interest to considering the possibility if  "circumstances change". Managed to persuade Che Adams to switch after a year.
I got Che Adams too and after s good start he soon faded away into league one. Never managed to get Gunn and he finally got called up to euro 2024 for england

13 minutes ago, dysartrovers said:
13 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I got Che Adams too and after s good start he soon faded away into league one. Never managed to get Gunn and he finally got called up to euro 2024 for england

I managed to get Angus Gunn to play for Scotland after Euro 2024 after pestering him at every opportunity. His first two caps were in a 0-0 draw with Italy and a 2-1 win over England.

45 minutes ago, dysartrovers said:
14 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

30 minutes ago, TheIntenseHummingOfEvil said:

I managed to get Angus Gunn to play for Scotland after Euro 2024 after pestering him at every opportunity. His first two caps were in a 0-0 draw with Italy and a 2-1 win over England.

Fair dues, good to know he might eventually make the move.

I've been playing a 16yo Liverpool striker as Griffiths back up. Desperate measures but hoping it pushes him on as the rest are no hopers. Best young keeper is McCrorie.

23 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Fair dues, good to know he might eventually make the move.

Its circumstantial depending on what's happening in the game world tbh, but at least it isn't hardwired into the game that he'll always refuse to switch.

He's currently warming the bench for Man United in my game so obviously he wasn't going to get into the England team but he's still better than the keepers I had.

If he was playing regularly in the EPL I probably wouldn't have been able to persuade him.