Football Manager 2019

ajwffc

He's too young to be officially in just now, as you have to be 16 or older, unless you can get special dispensation (Odegaard got in before 16, but he was a genuine world talent at that point, Dembele isnt). Imagine someone's modded him in, but they'll have created his attributes. 
He should be in next years game from the start with SI research behind him.
I recently read (on the official Football Manager Twitter) that players under 16 need written permission from their parents to be in the game. I'd imagine they will only seek that in exceptional circumstances.

Picked my Ayr save back up, it's going well with my balls-out 4-2-4 formation although injuries to Shankland and Moore has seen my form dip somewhat of late.  Sitting 6th with 14 games to go, using youth players up front due to injuries lol

image.png.23feee3eaa5a52d8503f927029e8107a.png

Edited by senorsoupe

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 11:24, RandomGuy. said:

He's too young to be officially in just now, as you have to be 16 or older, unless you can get special dispensation (Odegaard got in before 16, but he was a genuine world talent at that point, Dembele isnt). Imagine someone's modded him in, but they'll have created his attributes. 

He should be in next years game from the start with SI research behind him.

One of my favourite wonderkids on FM07 was a 14 year old Chilean striker called Nicolas Millan. Could sign him, but he usually had to sit in the reserves for 3 or 4 years til he could get a work permit and you couldn't loan him out as most countries you need to be 17/18 to go on loan.

Didn't manage to get Ayr promotion at the first time of asking, finished 3rd in the table and beat Inverness in the first round but fell to Dundee United in the second round after losing the first leg 3-1 at home (not helped by a Robbie Crawford Red Card in the first half).  Scored the most goals in the division thanks to a variety of scoring threats, such as 22 from Alan Forrest and 21 from Shankland (who I have no chance of keeping due to wage demands) 

image.thumb.png.34027fca94dd2560533ead3a122d9e99.png

On 31/12/2018 at 19:31, Mr X said:

I think theyve got the loan rules wrong, certainly for Scotland. Theres a maximum of 5 in the squad but Im pretty sure this shouldnt include loans from other countries, as these are technically transfers.

I've just let a player go thinking I had a couple of loan options to bring in as replacements <_<

I think the loan rules change after Brexit? This happened to me, I was certain the previous season that I had 6 loans in my team (3 domestic, 3 international) so I sold my back up right back thinking I could get a loan to tide me over till the end of the season only to realise I was only allowed 5 loans.  I figured that Brexit had something to do with it but I may be wrong.

EDIT - Should probably add an update on my career while I'm here - Back to back titles with Falkirk (League 1 and Champ) and now sat 4th in the Premiership, battling it out with Rangers and Hearts for the European spots.  I had a good January, got rid of a lot of dead wood (although Andrew Shinnie will just not f**k off, no matter how hard I try) and added Louis Moult to my attacking options, so I'm hopeful for the run in.  I've been offered the Hull, Brentford and Reading jobs but none of them really tickled my fancy.  Plan on finishing this season with Falkirk and seeing if I get them into Europe and then seeing what jobs come my way/are available. 

Edited by The Moonster

Come across a right pain in the arse of a bug...

In my save the 2022 World Cup was moved from Qatar to Australia meaning it took place in the summer rather than winter. I'm at the end of October and my assistant gaffer has just organised 5 friendlies for the middle of the hectic festive season and I can't cancel them.

On 1/13/2019 at 16:30, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Saint Martin league is weird. 7 teams, 12 games, 4 points for a win, 2 for a draw and 1 for a defeat.

All the French départemental divisions do this, encourages amateur teams to get games played. If you try playing in one of the larger DOM/TOMs like Réunion  or Guadeloupe, you should in theory be able to qualify for the Coupe de France.

Been playing as Pars again finally for the past month or so. Reaching 3rd in the Prem has given us a pass straight into the Europa League group stages for the 2021/22 season. Thought I might as well prepare for European football with a pre-season cup. I have invited along Ajax, Olympiakos & RB Salzburg to compete in the Norrie McCathie Invitational.

Enjoying a Dumbarton save. Raith have absolutely run away with the league, Vaughan is a monster. Fight between me and Brechin for 2nd.

Set out to get more physical players into the team.

Made a chunk of signings tbh, can't be arsed naming them all. Best signing was Ross Docherty from Ayr in January. Had been frozen out with them so spent a £1k fee to get him in, surprised at how little he took in wages. Signed Jordan Hart from Queens Park as a keeper, but want an upgrade, also signed Reis Peggie for left back.

Got Dylan Easton and Isaac Layne joining in the Summer, Layne has 15 goals in the league so far. Almost want to fail to get promoted so I can build a squad without worrying about relegation.

5c447146a010c_LadbrokesLeague1_OverviewStages.thumb.png.fbedad39c07e09590403425f5bdda3cc.png

Lost my starting DM and RW for the Play-Offs (Docherty and Paton), and I've no ra quality to replace them.

Falkirk are the team in the Play Offs from the Championship. 

Lost 5-3 to Stenhousemuir, had no players on the bench to change things.

Falkirk beat Stenhousemuir 4-0. In the other end, Clyde beat Montrose 1-0.

So Raith, Montrose and East Fife depart the league.

Alloa, Edinburgh City and Clyde arrive.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Really not put a great deal of time into this but after 2 seasons with York City and 2 title wins on the bounce I have joined Brentford, who just finished 13th in the Championship. I was also offered the Peterborough and Wigan jobs (both League 1) but Brentford obviously stood out as the more attractive prospect.

A measley £5m transfer budget and very little wiggle room in the wage budget has me slightly concerned. I reckon I'll probably avoid paying any fees and look to sign free agents. We also had the lowest average attendance in the league last season.
In my first season with Brentford I managed to finish 2nd in the Championship and gain automatic promotion to the Premier League.

1st season in the Prem I finished 10th and in the 2nd season I had us sitting 9th when I decided to apply for the Napoli job. Got the job in March and instantly regretted it. Shite finances and an ageing squad full of centre mids with little to no decent attacking players. Managed 8 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss for the rest of the season (Napoli had lost 7 in a row when I arrived) finishing 5th in the league (they were 8th when I arrived). Decided I wanted out asap and started applying for other jobs - got an interview with Leverkusen who decided not to appoint me after their chairman claimed I hadn't met my end of season targets at Napoli. Fucks he expecting?

I will continue to apply for anything so I can jump ship. Really fancy a stint in the Eredivise with one of the Dutch big guns, after 2 and a half season of trying to scrape results with Brentford I'm hungry for trophies. Very snakey behaviour from me but Napoli are a shambles.