Football Manager 2019

ajwffc

On 22/12/2018 at 10:37, LondonHMFC said:

Just started the UK League database, yet again going Ross County. Fair to say, think the Scottish sides are going to struggle a bit...

Getting this message when trying to submit a team, if I take out my subs and leave three or so there seems to be no issue, as far as I am aware they are all trained by the club? 

UK League.png

UK League 1.png

Trained at Club means they came through the Ross County youth system basically.

After finally winning the champions league with East Fife on FM17 decided to get this a couple of days ago. Enjoying it but missing a year definitely makes it harder to catch up. 5 months in with the Fife again and sitting mid table so happy with that, but it's taking me quite a bit of getting used to the old Scouting scene, packages, scouting centre etc. The days of being able to get a report card the next day are also clearly gone, unless I'm doing something wrong, as it's taking a week to even have a small report. Making it a lot harder to find players, but I suppose the whole point of the game is a challenge! My usual strategy if I get into the Premiership of just going World -> Transfers -> Youth intake and scouting every single new regen clearly won't pass anymore...

6 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I had to update the Nvidia drivers on my laptop last night for a programme I use and it has totally fucked up Football Manager. When you're in a game it's majorly laggy and slow and basically unplayable. Anyone else experienced this?

No, but FM did prompt me a few times last week to check for updated drivers.

Just checked and Im not on the latest drivers

9 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
11 minutes ago, Mr X said:
No, but FM did prompt me a few times last week to check for updated drivers.
Just checked and Im not on the latest drivers

I managed to fix the problem, well kind of. It's now playable but it's definitely not as smooth as it was before I done the update.

What did you do? Just in case I get it too

What did you do? Just in case I get it too
https://community.sigames.com/topic/455853-nvidia-response-stuttering-low-fps-possible-fix/

I managed to find this. Seems to be a bit hit or miss in terms of success rate for people with the issue. It's by no means perfect for me but it's a huge improvement on what it was.

When I was searching for a fix I noticed that this appears to be an issue that has been a problem for the last 2 or 3 versions of the game. Seems mental they haven't sorted it yet. Seen loads of folk saying they have no issues running games like GTA but Football Manager is a complete write off.

Skooshed the Championship with Queens playing gengen. Kept within the wage budget and didnt sign any players, other than replacements for those who left. Did pick up a couple of quality loan signings, Dwight McNeil from Burnley has been a goal machine on the wing and I also managed to sign Ryan Christie on loan from Celtic. Seems like a bit of a cheat given how much hes playing for the first team IRL. Tried to sign him permanently, but dont have the cash.

Need to start rebuilding for life in the Premiership. Most worryingly, Dobbie has supposedly "shown worrying signs of a total collapse as a footballer" :huh::( 

Slightly unhappy again - I had several players on my shortlist whos contracts were expiring, waiting on my new budgets before making approaches. They all signed new contracts with their clubs but I didnt get any notification they'd been offered.

On a happier note, managed to resign McNeil on loan and hes scored 9 goals in 4 Betfred Games :) 

I picked my Celtic save back up finished the 2021-22 season and I have so much cash it's hilarious due to my effective use of the traditional Celtic strategy of buying cheap players and selling them for massive profits.  In the summer of 2022 I had a transfer budget of 110,000,000 pounds and close to 500,000 pounds per week in room in my wage budget and have proceeded to spend like a drunken sailor (but still got some good deals).  I bought Joe Gomez for 12.5 million, Jonjoe Kenny from Everton for 6,750,000, got Matteo Guendouzi in a free from Arsenal (I had signed Scott McTominay and Jay DaSilva the previous summer on frees) and sent 16.5 million to relegated Motherwell for a regen winger named Danny Allison.  Also am battling Arsenal for another Scottish regen winger named Greg Kane who had come through the ranks at Ayr before going to West Ham.  If that deal goes through I will still have something stupid like 70,000,000 in my transfer budget.

This game is a bit broken lol

Here is a screenshot of last years transfer business

image.thumb.png.c82dc9b5d6069025c5b6a8cd6bbc9a50.png

Edited by senorsoupe

The Qatar world cup in 2022, which in my game takes place in November and December 2022 makes my 2022-23 fixtures really weird.  SPFL started in July and throughout September and October I play twice a week consistently including 3 champions league games in September.  I have a 7 week break between a Champions League game on Nov 2 and a boxing day league game.  I hae been rotating my squad a lot as a result, so far so good, won my first 7 league games, Champions League (group with Man Utd, Lyon, and Zenit) is finely balanced, won 1, drew 1, and lost 1.  Fixture list is weird as my first 2 champions league group games were against Zenit

Football Manager coaching/scouting legend Kit Carson died today. Was often available as a staff member, with no club, and had great coaching stats and would sign for almost any full time club. 

However it appears he died while driving to court to face charges of historic sexual abuse claims and was probably a suicide. Which is probably gonna be his legacy rather than him being assistant manager to my 2014 UEFA Cup winning Morton team.

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

15 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Football Manager coaching/scouting legend Kit Carson died today. Was often available as a staff member, with no club, and had great coaching stats and would sign for almost any full time club. 

However it appears he died while driving to court to face charges of historic sexual abuse claims and was probably a suicide. Which is probably gonna be his legacy rather than him being assistant manager to my 2014 UEFA Cup winning Morton team.

Strange feeling knowing I appointed a paedo. 

40 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

The Qatar world cup in 2022, which in my game takes place in November and December 2022 makes my 2022-23 fixtures really weird.  SPFL started in July and throughout September and October I play twice a week consistently including 3 champions league games in September.  I have a 7 week break between a Champions League game on Nov 2 and a boxing day league game.  I hae been rotating my squad a lot as a result, so far so good, won my first 7 league games, Champions League (group with Man Utd, Lyon, and Zenit) is finely balanced, won 1, drew 1, and lost 1.  Fixture list is weird as my first 2 champions league group games were against Zenit

This utterly buggered me when I was playing as County, didn't realise the season started so early, so was not prepared player wise at all. I was in the Europa League so playing a ridiculous amount of games a week trying to have it cleared by the start of the World Cup. 

On 10/01/2019 at 19:51, dysartrovers said:

Did I not read somewhere the dembele was at Celtic in this game? Was looking forward to seeing how he progressed in the game

He's too young to be officially in just now, as you have to be 16 or older, unless you can get special dispensation (Odegaard got in before 16, but he was a genuine world talent at that point, Dembele isnt). Imagine someone's modded him in, but they'll have created his attributes. 

He should be in next years game from the start with SI research behind him.