Football Manager 2019

ajwffc

Just made a Celtic league...

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1588545185

6 leagues of 16 in a straight promotion/relegation set up featuring clubs from Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Brittany and Cornwall. Every league has at least one club from each nation. There's a cup, three "league" cups based on your league (top two leagues have a cup, then next two, then bottom two) and a super cup. 

If yer gonnae play it I would recommend clicking the "do not use real fixtures" button

12 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Just made a Celtic league...

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1588545185

6 leagues of 16 in a straight promotion/relegation set up featuring clubs from Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Brittany and Cornwall. Every league has at least one club from each nation. There's a cup, three "league" cups based on your league (top two leagues have a cup, then next two, then bottom two) and a super cup. 

If yer gonnae play it I would recommend clicking the "do not use real fixtures" button

Quality, will try and give this a go. However when I click on the link getting the below? 

Steam.png

Weird. I tested it with a download last night. I'll see if I can fix it but, if not, I'll load it up on a sharing site for ya and post the link.

I started the game unemployed and was immediately offered the job of... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PEF_Ploufragan

Had no idea they were a football academy when I took the job. Good training/youth facilities but no players or staff and can only sign players under the age of 16 (No idea if I can offer contracts to players once they reach that age). Lost 1-0 AET to UCD in the first round of the cup then went to bed.

On 10/12/2018 at 11:40, C. Muir said:

Resounding 3-0 victory in Rangers back yard, I did say it would be easy..

Very happy with the rest of the month too despite the injuries - the Celtic away game being the only disappointment. The draw in Monaco also confirmed top spot in my Europa league group. Will still be difficult of course but delighted I got Rijeka in the first knockout round when I seen some of the other teams in it! January went well too including cup progression against the team I support followed my a 1-1 at Celtic Park in the 5th round so have a replay at Easter Road after my double header with Rijeka - important month certainly.

Transfers wise I brought in 3 loans in January to beef the squad up a bit. Connor Mahoney (Bournemouth winger), Kieran Dowell (Everton attackind mid) and John Kitolano (Wolves left/wing back).

Celtic are currently 3 points ahead of me with a game in hand but at least its tighter than at this point last year when they were running away with it.

5c0e50a55dfcc_resultsdec2020tomidfeb2021.png.d7a58f30842ff2ec4105bcb42e90e6cb.png

5c112084e3006_rijekacelticndundee.png.642dfb4db095e6681b0679c26bc2c85b.png

Bittersweet month. Europa League progression but a narrow defeat to Celtic in the cup replay and an absolutely woeful home performance against lowly Dundee. Made numerous changes for that game cause of the 2 europa league ties and back fired big time. Now 6 points behind Celtic with them still having a game in hand.

Europa round of 16 draw....

5c11210e74290_europaleaguelast16draw.png.0b698d2d4ba3731ddcfa3b1488c6c78a.png

9 hours ago, LondonHMFC said:

Quality, will try and give this a go. However when I click on the link getting the below? 

Steam.png

Decided to put all my editor shite in one place rather than clog this up. Found the issue with that download and fixed it. Yer good to go (link on other thread)

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Decided to put all my editor shite in one place rather than clog this up. Found the issue with that download and fixed it. Yer good to go (link on other thread)

Fair play for doing all this sort of stuff btw, can make a braw change once the normal set up gets a repetitive. 

As often happens when I play English teams I have ended up signing a few Scottish players.  Got Lawrence Shankland on a free, also got Jamie Walker for only 160,000 and Lewis Morgan from Celtic for 425,000.  Tried to sign Scott Allan on a free but he wanted crazy wages, he ended up joining Rotherham (who were relegated to League One) for less than I was offering him so I suspect he just didn't want to go this far south lol

I won 8 of my first 13 games as Dumbarton gaffer but I've now gone 3 months without a win and the board have challenged me to win 9 points from the next 5 games to keep my job.  I genuinely don't know what I've done wrong.  I was playing 4-4-2 and tanning everycunt then I played QoS in the cup, too them to a replay which I lost 4-1 and since then I cannot buy a fucking win.  The team still like me and the atmosphere is good. I'm playing players in preferred positions and using familiar tactics.  I've changed up the personnel and tried more defensive tactics but still no improvement. The squad is easily good enough for the play-offs but c***s like Montrose are just walking over me now. Why the f**k am I in such a fucking hole?

Forgot how infuriating this game was.

43 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I won 8 of my first 13 games as Dumbarton gaffer but I've now gone 3 months without a win and the board have challenged me to win 9 points from the next 5 games to keep my job.  I genuinely don't know what I've done wrong.  I was playing 4-4-2 and tanning everycunt then I played QoS in the cup, too them to a replay which I lost 4-1 and since then I cannot buy a fucking win.  The team still like me and the atmosphere is good. I'm playing players in preferred positions and using familiar tactics.  I've changed up the personnel and tried more defensive tactics but still no improvement. The squad is easily good enough for the play-offs but c***s like Montrose are just walking over me now. Why the f**k am I in such a fucking hole?

Forgot how infuriating this game was.

You still going with 4-4-2? Last few years I've found sticking with a winning formation always leads to other teams figuring ye out in the 2nd half of the season and nose diving. I always go for two formations now (usually one home and one away) with three variants of tactics within them (one more direct, one more counter, one more attacking for instance).

11 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

You still going with 4-4-2? Last few years I've found sticking with a winning formation always leads to other teams figuring ye out in the 2nd half of the season and nose diving. I always go for two formations now (usually one home and one away) with three variants of tactics within them (one more direct, one more counter, one more attacking for instance).

Nah, I have 4-5-1 and 4-2-3-1 formations trained up, but I seem even easier to beat with those.  Think I might just be shite at the game.