Football Manager 2019

ajwffc

I put my Celtic save on the back burner just now whilst I figure out what I want to do next. I had a brief Basel save that resulted in me getting sacked by the stupid board. Asking me to win the league is a bit unrealistic given how superior the Young Boys team is (even after they sell their best players as well). 

Not sure what to try next.

46 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

I put my Celtic save on the back burner just now whilst I figure out what I want to do next. I had a brief Basel save that resulted in me getting sacked by the stupid board. Asking me to win the league is a bit unrealistic given how superior the Young Boys team is (even after they sell their best players as well). 

Although I haven't tried one in FM 19 I have always found Eastern Europe to be fun.  I got to the Europa league final with Partizan Belgrade in FM18

15 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

One of my favourite saves ever was West Bengal. Indian league is simple enough, but not a gimme, but improving the team enough to challenge in the Asian Continental tournaments was great craic.

What is the funding for budgets like in the Indian League ?

Not played the Indian League in about a decade and I went one of the bigger clubs. They were comparable to lower end of the Scottish Championship in quality and wages. I mind signing a coupla wingers who had been transfer listed at Alloa and they done me a good turn. 

ETA: This was before the I-League was a thing. So don't know how that plays in game either.

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

Genuine question. Is Bulgaria a shitehole? Players don't want to come due to the standard of living. Which is something I haven't heard before.
It is a new one to me but the Bulgarian leauge is reated at 3.5 stars. So that will affect the level of player that you can bring in.

Mind when Jim McAllister knocked back Champions League football with Unirea Urziceni and stayed with Morton because of the standard of living. Rumour at the time was he was waiting on Motherwell coming in for him.

Muppet.

A good while back, when Willie Howie was the new Platini in the game, I tried getting him to sign for Shaktar Donetsk and he had no interest in the Ukranian league.

11 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

Genuine question. Is Bulgaria a shitehole? Players don't want to come due to the standard of living. Which is something I haven't heard before.

Not sure, but I have heard you can get a good deal on a horse over there (if Kevin Bridges is anything to go by)

I wonder if that would change if you were managing a team from Sofia or one of the Black Sea resort towns, maybe it's just Razgrad that's the shitehole

2 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Not sure, but I have heard you can get a good deal on a horse over there (if Kevin Bridges is anything to go by)

I wonder if that would change if you were managing a team from Sofia or one of the Black Sea resort towns, maybe it's just Razgrad that's the shitehole

Yeah probably. We have an 11000 seater stadium but 321 season ticket holders. Average ticket price is £5 :lol:

Managed to get into the CL group stage at first attempt but were rightly destroyed. 

We have quite an ageing team, but the youth system seems decent enough to replace these players in a year or 2.

2 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

Yeah probably. We have an 11000 seater stadium but 321 season ticket holders. Average ticket price is £5 :lol:

Managed to get into the CL group stage at first attempt but were rightly destroyed. 

We have quite an ageing team, but the youth system seems decent enough to replace these players in a year or 2.

Well, Razgrad itself is only about the size of Falkirk population wise

I think this is the joy of Football Manager, within a couple months you find yourself googling the living conditions of eastern European countries. 

Five seasons in now, and after taking County as far as I could, I was offered the Leeds job. I managed to gain promotion at the second time of asking. However the first half of the season has been horrific. Think I have recorded only two wins. Stupidly decided to sign a lot of youngsters in the hope that we could build a team for the future, this has resulted in me getting cuffed every weekend. My other problem is, if I do drop, most have stupidly low relegation release clauses so I will lose a lot of them. 

Have quite a bit of time off at Christmas, so looking to start something new over that time. Downloaded the "Free Player" database, but it's a bit flawed due to the wages. Has anyone got any other databases they suggest having a look at? 

I like Football Manager as a learning experience. Get to learn about different countries + cultures and broaden your football knowledge along the way.

What I'd love to know is why half the team is Brazilian, I wonder what inspired that. Marcelinho received a Bulgarian passport after being there less than 2 years and has played for the national team. That seems like an unusually short time.

My Portsmouth season is starting to go a bit pear shaped, no wins in my last 4 games has seen the gap to third be cut from 15 points to 8 points and both my leading scores, Brett Pittman and Joe Mason are injured.  I had signed Darren Bent as a free agent to try to get some goals(as my other Striker Ollie Hawkins is not very goo) but he has been absolute dog shit for me.   Plus my new defenders have not been very good.  10 games to go now, could be tight to secure automatic promotion

I also failed FPP for the first month after the transfer deadline so had to release one of my fringe midfielders, I had also cut David Wheeler's loan early to save wages and then the first game after the transfer window shut, 2 wingers got injured meaning I had to play an attacking midfielder out of position

Edited by senorsoupe

On 10/12/2018 at 12:01, JamieStevenson said:

I'd recommend Roma, was struggling for a save before them and now rattling through seasons. 

Juve and both Milan sides can both heavily, heavily, outspend you in fees and wages, while Napoli, Lazio and Torino all seem to go after the same players as me. Europe is a struggle as English teams are so OP.

Add in a few young talents (Pellegrini x2, Crisante, Zaniolo, Under and Kluivert) and you've a lovely base, Manolas can get you ~£60m pretty quickly too.

I'd recommend Roma, was struggling for a save before them and now rattling through seasons. 
Juve and both Milan sides can both heavily, heavily, outspend you in fees and wages, while Napoli, Lazio and Torino all seem to go after the same players as me. Europe is a struggle as English teams are so OP.
Add in a few young talents (Pellegrini x2, Crisante, Zaniolo, Under and Kluivert) and you've a lovely base, Manolas can get you ~£60m pretty quickly too.
Sounds like a decent challenge. What are the board expecting from the first season?

Just now, JamieStevenson said:
5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Sounds like a decent challenge. What are the board expecting from the first season?

Think it was CL qualification, I finished 6th and missed out but they kept me on