Football Manager 2019

ajwffc

Aberdeen at home was the next game after Celtic and boy did I get my revenge, after what looked like another late winner for them :lol: Mallans winner was an absolute screamer made even sweeter that there was only scheduled to be 4 mins of injury time but my 92nd minute equaliser meant some more was added on :D

yaas.png.06a49bd34e4915777f9f96f3f96e9206.png

Edited by C. Muir

16 hours ago, Zing. said:

Finding it a lot easier to sign decent players in this game. Midfield currently includes Sandro Tonali who has been ridiculously good for me while I’ve got Fiete Arp up front. Signed Bakkali and Halilovic to play out wide for my first season in the premier league, could go badly wrong as both came with an injury prone warning.

Sandro Tonelli is an absolute steal in this game, got him for less than 6 million in my Celtic save and he's been class as my holding midfielder.  Also take a look at players in Eastern Europe, I picked up a really good defender from Steaua Bucharest called Mihai Balasa, paid less than 4 million for him

On 3 December 2018 at 14:30, The Moonster said:

Hadn't played this in about 10 years but my flat mate bought a new computer for recording music and purchased this along with it. We fired up a game yesterday and so much nostalgia came rushing back. Absolutely ball deep from here on in, but by f**k half of it is confusing as f**k.  I'm even finding signing up backroom staff a complete fucking nightmare, I got so frustrated last night that I ended up giving the DoF job to Pat Fucking Nevin.  I don't see me lasting long at the Sons with decisions like that.

You don't need to bother hiring back room staff and all that if you set your responsibilities to the board and they'll find you decent staff for what level club you're at. Mind you whilst at Hearts they hired John Hartson as my assistant manager which I'm not content with.

21 minutes ago, Navallion said:

You don't need to bother hiring back room staff and all that if you set your responsibilities to the board and they'll find you decent staff for what level club you're at. Mind you whilst at Hearts they hired John Hartson as my assistant manager which I'm not content with.

Still getting to grips with all the responsibilities, but I like hunting for my own backroom staff (or at least I used to). I might just leave it to the board and see what happens.  The current scout I have is pretty fucking useless though and he was put in place by the board.

On 04/12/2018 at 12:46, C. Muir said:

Aberdeen at home was the next game after Celtic and boy did I get my revenge, after what looked like another late winner for them :lol: Mallans winner was an absolute screamer made even sweeter that there was only scheduled to be 4 mins of injury time but my 92nd minute equaliser meant some more was added on :D

yaas.png.06a49bd34e4915777f9f96f3f96e9206.png

End of second season. It was superb after the above game with 6 further victories making it 7 wins in a row before the Old Firm again upsetting the rythm. Thankfully the 3 wins after the second Rangers defeat were enough to seal 2nd spot. I played a very weakened squad in the last game at Celtic Park and was 5-0 down at half time :lol: One bright spark from that game though was giving one of my new regen strikers (wonderfully named Mxolisi Mdluli) his debut in the second half where he scored a brace. He was the highest potential out of all the players I got from the youth prospects trial thing. He's signed up till 2023 so looking forward to giving him more chances to see what he can do.

5c07c06160c83_restoffixtures201920.png.061089b61f6c04b0e3740a281d2ece7a.png

5c07c115eef8d_201920table.png.96e88dabe2bf838f10ba422a8ab38414.png

Dundee Utd and Dunfermline came up from the Championship.

Scottish Cup? Completed it mate. After 114 years without the trophy Hibs have now put Rangers in their place in 2 of the last 4 finals (they even beat Celtic in the semi the same as 2016!). A lot less of a dramatic fare this time round.

5c07c0a8aebca_scottishcupfinal2020.thumb.png.e4233c54dfa42803118e15c87d7e6ce4.png

Delighted with the progess made in season 2 with the 2nd placed finish and a cup win. Brooks' contribution was massive (8 goals in 12 league games) so proved shrewd business selling Horgan and bringing him in. Kamberi finished the season with 32 goals. Martin Boyle beat Stevie Mallan 21-20 on assists but in truth I've had brilliant contributions from all over the park.

Looking ahead to next season I'm planning to let go of some fringe players (Shaughnessy, McHugh, Caulker to name 3) and Marciano is also off so with Woodman only being on loan I'm going to invest in a keeper. Hopefully Woodmans available at a decent price as he done well this season.

Edited by C. Muir

Not bad at all :lol:

5c07c2e5cbb6e_budgetsseason2end.png.f0ebf03782198deacd30ee3f82a67d0c.png

We also scooped up at the end of season awards with me being manager of the year, Kamberi top scorer and Mallan both writers and players player of the year

Edited by C. Muir

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Still getting to grips with all the responsibilities, but I like hunting for my own backroom staff (or at least I used to). I might just leave it to the board and see what happens.  The current scout I have is pretty fucking useless though and he was put in place by the board.

I sign my own assistant and scouts, but leave the other staff to the board or DOF, it becomes a slog getting youth staff and that.

Just be wary that they're prone to signing too many staff members and you end up losing fucktons of money.

Getting a wee bit bored of my game bringing Greenock through the leagues. Just a bit monotonous scouting through all the dross to find someone who can improve the team and thinking of just going balls out with a "big" team with money to spend like Man City/PSG/Barcelona/etc

Anyone started a game with any of these teams yet? Any particular fun teams to go?

At the end of November in season 3. First up the summer dealings.

5c09c612674ad_RELEASEDSUMMER2020.png.19897f183a2d9f038cdb44f14ad4559e.png

5c09c61e1af03_TRANSFERSSUMMER2020.thumb.png.815200e082bd239082312a43894a8048.png

Hibs homecomings for Brown and later Fletcher. Brown is injured just now but before that he has proved to be a decent addition, helping me see out a lot of narrow victories with his experience. Fletcher only wanted £800 a week so seemed logical enough incase I get injuries in second half of the season (can't register him till January). Glad I got Woodman for a decent price and Matt Macey joined as back up. Perhaps a bit of an OTT payment for O'Donnell but with Gray not getting any younger I'll need a new first choice right back soon so happy enough with him. Fraser was just a squad filler signing really but has featured recently due to injuries. Johnston has played more regularly and has done well. Batth has hardly featured at all, got good stats too but liking my current pairing of Porteous and Hanlon so he'll have to be patient.

3rd time lucky in qualification from the Europa League group stages. Glad I qualified with a game to spare as the last game against Monaco is in the midst of a hectic December schedule so I'll likely make some changes there. Going well in the league too, still had a couple of disappointing draws but can't complain at current position. A bit more respectful an exit from the Betfred cup this season, losing to Celtic instead of shite like St Mirren and Dundee.

5c09c851e566c_RESULTSTILLDEC2020.thumb.png.ae21fc545f17b30e482d9780906491b7.png

5c09c868b2f29_TABLEDEC2020.png.92efe86ef7950114d7e0fe888f2e4fde.png

And this is my current  squad. Whore of a time to get the injuries with the aforementioned hectic December. I play every weekend and midweek of the month totalling 9 games. Injuries are all minimum 3 weeks too so they'll be unavailable for most games this month. See how it goes anyway - first up in the month an easy one at Ibrox.

5c09c8f7e6353_SQUADDECD2020.thumb.png.e24db2792707d4f96e56ff444d95c33a.png

Edited by C. Muir

I've decided to start a new save with an English team.  I keep hearing complaints in the media about the lack of English players on Premier League teams so I decided I would try to take a team into the Premier League by only signing British and Irish players.  The team I decided to go with was Portsmouth because a) they have the potential fan base to support a push financially b) they already have a squad of only British and Irish players and c) they have some good young players.  Don't have much of a transfer budget and not much wiggle room in terms of wages so we will see how this goes.  Here is my squad so far, I also signed a couple of youth prospects

image.thumb.png.bacf7bb6f3ebb5980b02551d9abb3055.png

Am still in course to get Portsmouth promoted after the January transfer window despite big spenders Sunderland poaching my top centre back Matt Clarke.  Was able to get over 3 million for him and re-invested the money in Jack Baldwin, Kieron Freeman, Liam Sercombe, and Brad McKay to add much needed depth mostly at the back.  

Not pictured are Gillingham on 24 points at the bottom

image.png.3609d79fa4275bf476d2a293c2b96793.png

On 07/12/2018 at 01:15, C. Muir said:

first up in the month an easy one at Ibrox.

Resounding 3-0 victory in Rangers back yard, I did say it would be easy..

Very happy with the rest of the month too despite the injuries - the Celtic away game being the only disappointment. The draw in Monaco also confirmed top spot in my Europa league group. Will still be difficult of course but delighted I got Rijeka in the first knockout round when I seen some of the other teams in it! January went well too including cup progression against the team I support followed my a 1-1 at Celtic Park in the 5th round so have a replay at Easter Road after my double header with Rijeka - important month certainly.

Transfers wise I brought in 3 loans in January to beef the squad up a bit. Connor Mahoney (Bournemouth winger), Kieran Dowell (Everton attackind mid) and John Kitolano (Wolves left/wing back).

Celtic are currently 3 points ahead of me with a game in hand but at least its tighter than at this point last year when they were running away with it.

5c0e50a55dfcc_resultsdec2020tomidfeb2021.png.d7a58f30842ff2ec4105bcb42e90e6cb.png

5c0e50b053ec6_europalast32draw2021.png.f2e36dbe8a91bbd56b11331142f6364a.png

5c0e50c31bbd8_tablefeb2021.png.774153d4b831547c916139839049712d.png