Football Manager 2019

ajwffc

I'd definitely recommend Serie A for people struggling for a save. I'm into the Final third of the season and it's tight as f**k.

Juve miles ahead, a total behemoth. Napoli second on 51, then Lazio, AC Milan, Inter, Cagliari, Roma, Udinese and Atalanta seperated by 7 points.

Edited by RandomGuy.

5 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Has anyone ever tried 'Create a Club'?

My York City save hasn't done much to inspire me and having never dabbled with the create a club feature I'm tempted to see what it's all about.

Eh, it's a bit shit to be honest.  All you do is take an existing club, rename it and can change the kit.  

5 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Eh, it's a bit shit to be honest.  All you do is take an existing club, rename it and can change the kit.  

The draft thing's a bit shite as well if anyone's gave that a go.

I do like creating a whole "new" league system with brand new clubs and seeing how that goes mind you. Usually make one of them up after I rage quit my main game

The draft thing's a bit shite as well if anyone's gave that a go.

I do like creating a whole "new" league system with brand new clubs and seeing how that goes mind you. Usually make one of them up after I rage quit my main game
That's disappointing.

I assume the draft thing is creating a new club and having the game just populate your new club with regens/existing players?

Quite fancied the challenge of taking a new club of absolute diddies and propelling them to glory.

An incredible first season back in the top flight, ending up with European qualification for County. 

The race for 4th spot was ridiculous, four sides changing position pretty much on a weekly basis in the lead up to the split. 

Managed to make a decent profit on players, took Scott Allan in on a free, Hibs met his release clause of £845k, and a young German lad made me just short of £300k. 

With Allan leaving, I used most of his money to bring in Demari Gray and Rhian Brewster in on loan. Gray was disappointing, Brewster was ridiculously good, netting 20 in 18 games. He has agreed to come back. 

Brexit rules now apply, and I reckon they will ruin this save, any foreign player over 23 has to be on £8k a week.

Have shifted most of my squad, so now looking to bulk up before a busy schedule.

Season Finale.jpeg

7 minutes ago, southstand_bairn said:

What does everyone do for training? I have went the bairns and my team are constantly moaning about the quality of training. Too much quickness/not enough, strength the same.

I have reverted training back to my assistant to see if it calms things down. Anyone any tips?

I usually just leave the training to my assistant/coaches tbh.

The amount of money flying around is silly in this game (in football for example).  In my Celtic save I was able to get over 115,000,000 pounds combined for Kieran Tienrey (35.5M to Man City) Olivier Ntcham (28.5 M to Everton) Kristoffer Ajer (27M to West Ham) and Odsonne Edouard (25M to Dortmund).

So far have invested in a striker Maximilian Philipp from Dortmind for 23M (not a wise buy so far) John Souttar for 8M and Midfielder Sandro Tonali from Brescia for 5,75M

1 hour ago, senorsoupe said:

The amount of money flying around is silly in this game (in football for example).  In my Celtic save I was able to get over 115,000,000 pounds combined for Kieran Tienrey (35.5M to Man City) Olivier Ntcham (28.5 M to Everton) Kristoffer Ajer (27M to West Ham) and Odsonne Edouard (25M to Dortmund).

After Brexit Tierney will be worth double to be fair

Just now, AsimButtHitsASix said:

After Brexit Tierney will be worth double to be fair

It's November 2019 and the terms of Brexit have yet to be announced.  I'm trying to confirm the signing of some European prospects now to avoid work permit issues in the future, just did a deal for an 18 year old Italian striker from some Serie C team for 1.5M, scouts rated him really well

8 hours ago, southstand_bairn said:

What does everyone do for training? I have went the bairns and my team are constantly moaning about the quality of training. Too much quickness/not enough, strength the same.

I have reverted training back to my assistant to see if it calms things down. Anyone any tips?

I just leave it to my assistant, there's plenty of helpful guides if you do want to be involved in it though, it's one of these things that you'll get far more benefit from doing it yourself, if you get it right, but can backfire if you get it wrong.

Risk free option is the assistant.

Started my Blackburn save last week. 11th placed finish in the first season. I was generally safe from any relegation danger throughout the campaign despite some awful runs of results and I had a few points in the season where the play offs were achievable. A winless February all but put that to bed but 4 wins in a row in March put me right back in contetion. However the substequent defeats meant the season would peter out with a mid table finish. I got rid of Graham and Conway in January for small fees as their contracts were ending and I didn't fancy offering them extensions. Jack Rodwell showed enough to warrant a contract extension though. I don't think his ability was ever in doubt, just his attitude. Ben Brereton for 7 million is an already agreed transfer for January IRL (after a loan spell in first half of season). Only made 16 appearences for me this season but his grand total of zero goals and assists has me a little seething at his price tag. But he is young so hoping he can get better. Adam Armstrong was my top scorer by far with 25 (behind him were Dack and Sorloth on 8 each).

5bedce18303ec_season1ins.png.0fdb7b814b8f980cb8353f1ed8648d58.png

5bedce25e9993_season1outs.png.53852cdc8161a4c608fff23d42f8e5d4.png

results1.thumb.png.1889f17efc6a85d7db7a5d71ee7819c8.png

results2.png.725c8bef4892a385d48340732d087766.png

results3.png.40eba1593c0d7dcac7f629004f5b407d.png

5bedce5716bee_leaguetableseason1.png.83a35d6d62eea82bc108419f9b67369a.png

Reading will join Derby and Sheff Utd in the Premier League after winning the play offs. Joining me in the Championship are Southampton, Cardiff and Fulham from the Premier League and Sunderland, Bradford and Barnsley from League 1.