Football Manager 2019

ajwffc

4 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

So after getting Falkirk promoted unexpectedly I’m now finding life in the Premiership very tough. Beat in every game so far. Any tips on what formation or tactics to use?

I've just finished my first season with St Mirren, finishing 5th - played a spammy route one tactic with a big man(target man)/wee man partnership up front. Will be more attack minded in my second season, though. 

Main bits of business during the summer were holding on to Adam Hammill and Kyle Magennis, both of whom were attracting a lot of attention. Added Matty Willock & Nicolai Brock-Madsen (:lol:) on permanent deals. 

14 minutes ago, RossC93 said:

I've just finished my first season with St Mirren, finishing 5th - played a spammy route one tactic with a big man(target man)/wee man partnership up front. Will be more attack minded in my second season, though. 

Main bits of business during the summer were holding on to Adam Hammill and Kyle Magennis, both of whom were attracting a lot of attention. Added Matty Willock & Nicolai Brock-Madsen (:lol:) on permanent deals. 

How did Cammy Smith do for you? Last three saves I've had, I've noticed him being a standout. Got 15 goals in the league in my Scotland save.

21 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

How did Cammy Smith do for you? Last three saves I've had, I've noticed him being a standout. Got 15 goals in the league in my Scotland save.

I persevered with him until January in various roles, but couldn't get the best out of him. Punted him to Huddersfield for 500k midseason!

I'm slowly realising I'm a proper shitfest manager. Five games into my Roma save and I've won four 1-0, and drawn the other 1-1.

Scintillating stuff.

Why do players always get long term injuries the week after the transfer window closes??  Man City gave me 35,000,000 for Kieran Tierney so I picked up Swiss Left Back Loris Benito from Young Boys as a replacement.  Transfer Window closes, first game against St. Johnstone and he breaks his ankle FFS!  Every damn game it seems as though some sort of thing happens!  I guess I have to go the rest of the season (including the Champions League round of 16) with Emilio Izaguirre as my only left back

If you have a team in the English Championship or one of the Old Firm (or other club in a similar position/budget) here are a couple of good young defender signing suggestions

1. Svetozar Markovic - Partizan Belgrade.  I picked him up for 2,600,000 and he's been class for me so far, in 7 competitive appearances so far (including a Champions League game against Barcelona) he has an average rating of 7.33

image.thumb.png.8d74a4e1df146d40533bd1bd1da6113f.png

2. Dan-Axel Zagadou-Borussia Dortmund.  Picked him up for 4,000,000, bossed his first start against Dunfermline in the Scottish Cup, was a bit ropey in his second start vs. Kilmarnock, a giant Centre Back

image.thumb.png.76a4c56f1f087eabc264d937141c15e9.png

Now, umm I also made this signing as an emergency backup Left Back...

image.thumb.png.2729f9ca7035cfffb36b48fac7e9fb4b.png

Managed to beat Liverpool 2-0 at Anfield. 

Bring that back to Rome full of hope.

Two men sent off after half an hour and Salah bangs one in the top bin from 20 yards, I slog out a 1-0 loss.

Now looks like I'll have a final game face off against Bayern, at home, to decide who qualifies.

Fucking love this game.

Annoyingly only drew 1-1 at Hamilton despite dominating.

No major transfers so far, Gedion Zalalem from Arsenal and Alex Pascanu from Leicester both on loan brought in.  Youngster Daniel Baur has went to Morton on loan.

20181111_020658.thumb.jpg.2671095c82ebb47ebf9a6f6048b321d5.jpgù

Edited by CaspianChris

Got it last night and started a save with Ross County. Into January and 13 points off Dundee United in top spot, now have five games to get ten points to keep the board happy.

I am absolutely dominating games but just do not take my chances. Also having a ridiculous amount of injuries.

One thing, it seems to be making automatic substitutes in games, is there a way to take that off?

Secured a return to the Bundesliga for Hamburg at the first time of asking. 

Was all going incredibly well until January when clubs came sniffing around a few of my best players, unsettled them and ended up having to sell a couple. Decent money for them though so can't grumble too much. 

14kdrmv.png
5eadcw.png

Seen loads of people raving about Fiete Arp but he was never really that great for me. Hopefully realises his potential as we take on the big boys. 

Managed to pull myself back into the title race after a horrific December, had some really bad injuries (Scott Fox was a killer as I had no suitable back up). Got a very interesting run in, all of the top four play each other once, so hoping they cut each others throats and I can nip into top spot.

Season 1.png

Season 2.png

Yeah Arps one of those who usually takes a year or two to get going, but turns insane afterwards. 

You can seemingly get him for £15m first season.

I won the treble in my second season with Sevco, condemning Celtic to a trophyless campaign.

Brexit has resulted in all non-UK players requiring work permits and limits on the number of non-UK players you can have registered for thr league, but as I've built a squad of players mainly from the UK it hasn't affected me that much.

Edited by Friedrich Nietzsche

2 minutes ago, Friedrich Nietzsche said:

I won the treble in my second season with Sevco, condemning Celtic to a trophyless campaign.

Brexit has resulted in all non-UK players requiring work permits, but as I've built a squad of players mainly from the UK it hasn't affected me that much.

I assume that it is still has the random choice of Brexit between hard, soft or no Brexit.  Hopefully it is not set to be just a hard one like is looking likely in life.