Football Manager 2019

ajwffc

Made a start on this last night. Going to dabble in the Bundesliga to get a feel for it before doing my usual Vanarama North or South team save with zero loyalties and just trying to make my way to the top.

I normally just let my assistant/other staff deal with all aspects of training cause I can't be arsed but I'm thinking I should really deal with it myself.

Was really hoping someone would say "aw don't be daft mate, you dont need to bother with all that confusing training malarky, it doesn't make a difference"

20180530_135959.jpg.899715d066451fbbcd515868048820cd.jpg

33 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Was really hoping someone would say "aw don't be daft mate, you dont need to bother with all that confusing training malarky, it doesn't make a difference"

20180530_135959.jpg.899715d066451fbbcd515868048820cd.jpg

It makes a difference but no more than previous years.

I've left it to my assistant again, only get involved if I see a lot of set piece goals being conceded or that.

Think the community outreach bit might play a part in increasing crowds though, Miles Jacobson has highlighted it a few times.

Danny Swanson absolutely murdered a Killie player in my first game and got sent off, so at least the realism has been ramped up this year. 

Hard Brexit in my first Hamilton accies game. So that’s this file ruined.
I've never had Brexit issues in any of my saves but I've seen loads of folk complaining about it. In all my saves on FM18 Brexit occurred but there were no changes to work permits or registration rules etc.

I assume different types of Brexit have different impacts and I've just been lucky so far?

23 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I've never had Brexit issues in any of my saves but I've seen loads of folk complaining about it. In all my saves on FM18 Brexit occurred but there were no changes to work permits or registration rules etc.

I assume different types of Brexit have different impacts and I've just been lucky so far?

I'm sure there were three different variants last season. One barely changes anything, one forces you to only have a certain amount of non-UK players and one is a closed shop completely. Although I'm maybe wrong with that, just going by memory.

Saints game has hit the rough. Opening game away to Kilmarnock saw Swanson off before half an hour and a 0-0 get shitfested. Stevie Mallan beat me 2-0 in the next game thanks to some screamers. Aberdeen knocked me out the cup 1-0 when Cosgrove scored a header.

Dundee game was a farce. Davidson got two bookings within 20 minutes. They scored a free kick that took a huge deflection, got a penalty literally minutes later than was "controversial" then got a late goal as I daftly opened up. 

Dominated Hamilton, who scored a fluke. Got an equaliser, then Tony Watt missed twice when clean through, and McMillan done the exact same late on.

So two fucking points from that. Next up is Aberdeen, Rangers, Hearts then Celtic. 

So I'm likely sacked already soon :lol:

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

You are a very lucky boy then. 

Managed to turn my season around, a bit. A 5-1 cunting by Celtic lead to a formation change, and a 2-0 win against Motherwell followed. Charged my way up the league with wins over St Mirren and Livingston. Chris Kane with four goals.

Hibs then beat me 2-0 again, and Hamilton snatched a late equaliser. 

Sitting pretty clear of danger though, but lack of goals from strikers is a huge worry. Neither McMillan or Watt has a a league goal, Kane has his wee purple patch but that's it, so I've gone wild trying to resolve it.

Diego Forlan a free agent after leaving some Hong Kong team, so I've brought him in for £550 a week. 

4-4-2 seems a pretty good fit.

Edited by RandomGuy.

10 minutes ago, Eoin Doyle said:

Has anyone seen Stephen Dobbie’s attributes :lol: 

Almost certainly too low.

I also caved yesterday and pre-ordered. Initially impressions are good. The training stuff looks way over the top to even begin to bother with so Ive let my assistant handle that. I like the new tactics though, particularly the different transitions.

Other than that, its much of a muchness really

4 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Struggling to get the best of Dobbie.

Ive had the same with other versions and other saves where sides have had a star player. Doesnt seem like the match engine is great at including players who are standouts individually ... or is it just me??

Virtual Gary Naysmith struggles on my save, 3 goals in 16 league games.

Saints save is over. Went into the winter break with a run of one win in eight games, and scored about two goals. Used the winter break trying to figure out a way to get my strikers scoring without throwing away the defensive shape, but i've run out of ideas, I just can't get them consistently scoring at all. Had 20 shots in my first game back after the break, yet lost 2-0, to bottom of the table Livingston. My strikers are now all in goalless streaks, which as every avid FMer knows, is virtually impossible to reverse due to how important confidence is. Not been sacked yet but in the horrible cycle where I've no faith in the system which got me here, and just wildly flailing about hoping something sticks.

Probably try and much larger club next to try and work out tactics with the safety net of quality players.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Usually start FM as Clyde or Blackburn (they 2 saves will come at some point) but decided to go Everton to start this off. Brought in Zinchenko on loan and Fofana from Udinese for £10m. Already a good squad so didn't really need to strengthen a great deal. Sold Niasse and loaned out Lookman too.

Had a tough start away to Arsenal then home to  Man City which to my delight yielded 2 narrow wins (4-3 v Arsenal, 2-1 v City, coming from behind in both games) but have since followed up conceding last minute goals to draw 2-2 at home to Watford then to lose 1-0 at West Ham. Disappointing 2 games there but before the season started I would've been happy with 7 points from the first 4 games. Beat Sheff Wed 4-1 in the Carabao and have Arsenal in the next round.

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Had 20 shots in my first game back after the break, yet lost 2-0, to bottom of the table Livingston.

Literally this!  Not sure if its a Beta 'balancing' issue or not.  Last 5 games I have had 60%+ possession at least 5+ more shots on target.......lost all 5 games. 

I am completely dominating all aspects and getting beaten.

12 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Saints save is over. Went into the winter break with a run of one win in eight games, and scored about two goals. Used the winter break trying to figure out a way to get my strikers scoring without throwing away the defensive shape, but i've run out of ideas, I just can't get them consistently scoring at all. Had 20 shots in my first game back after the break, yet lost 2-0, to bottom of the table Livingston. My strikers are now all in goalless streaks, which as every avid FMer knows, is virtually impossible to reverse due to how important confidence is. Not been sacked yet but in the horrible cycle where I've no faith in the system which got me here, and just wildly flailing about hoping something sticks.

Probably try and much larger club next to try and work out tactics with the safety net of quality players.

1 hour ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

Literally this!  Not sure if its a Beta 'balancing' issue or not.  Last 5 games I have had 60%+ possession at least 5+ more shots on target.......lost all 5 games. 

I am completely dominating all aspects and getting beaten.

Same. Early days in my save but really struggling to score goals

After changing to the vertical tiki-taka formation I've hit a run of form - 6 wins out of 7, 17 goals scored, two against and 5 clean sheets.

Dobbie now has 8 goals in 10 starts.

Im almost tempted to start again and play that formation from the start.

Its ridiculously easy to get loan players though. I have 4 on loan from EPL clubs, plus one from Killie and the two QOS have in real life.

Celtic and Rangers are virtually unplayable this year. Both play 3-5-2 with an AM behind the strikers, so you've to try and deal with five players attacking you from every angle.

Play deep and narrow the wide players destroy you, play deep and wide, the three central players get you. Play five at the back, the midfield two over run you. Try and match up and catch them on the counter, defenders quicker than all your players.

Every time I look like I can maybe salvage my season and get a run going, I meet one of these c***s who thump me and shove me in a negative spiral.

I drew 1-1 with Rangers straight after this post :lol:

Edited by RandomGuy.

Saved my job last night, barring a bug. 5 games to get 7pts.

Rangers 1-1 Started it. 2-0 down at half time to Aberdeen before Swanson came on and we won 3-2, then Swanson again getting a double in a 2-0 win over Hamilton.

Made it to the Scottish Cup Quarters but Hibs beat me 3-0, was a lot closer than it sounds but I opened up at the end and they nabbed two.