Football Manager 2019

ajwffc

The information for it's release is due out tomorrow. But from what I can see online there are it will be only be available electronically and have the full rights to the Bundesliga (so hopefully a proper German National team).

2 hours ago, Mr X said:

Theres a trailer out but its utter pish. No details on the game until September.

But they've changed the branding and logo,  so focusing on the important stuff as usual :rolleyes:

There's no real difference to how they always do it.  There's never any kind of detail yet, and no-one should be expecting any this far away from release in case anything slips.

Anyway, I'll likely pick it up as usual, probably pre-order to get the beta in the hope that it's more fun than previous editions.  Probably only managed a handful of hours on 18, just found it tedious.

Edited by forameus

4 hours ago, ajwffc said:

The game will be released on the 2nd of November and will include Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2.

So a couple of months to save up £600 for a laptop *sadface*

23 minutes ago, forameus said:

There's no real difference to how they always do it.  There's never any kind of detail yet, and no-one should be expecting any this far away from release in case anything slips.

Anyway, I'll likely pick it up as usual, probably pre-order to get the beta in the hope that it's more fun than previous editions.  Probably only managed a handful of hours on 18, just found it tedious.

I know, my post was in response to the OP which suggested we'd get details today

I certainly didnt play 18 as much as previous years. Its just become very samey

Not bought FM since 17, had a wee break from it but got the urge now to get the full suit on and start it back up again. I'm going on holiday in 6 weeks, would have loved to have this new one for it but too soon, SAKE!

Edited by M0rtonfc

11 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Glad to see bundesliga rights. The fake team names were a pain in the arse this year. Saves me a job with the editor.

Tbf it took about two minutes to delete the "fake.inc" file, which sorted Germany and some other national team (South Korea?), from the FM folder. 

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf it took about two minutes to delete the "fake.inc" file, which sorted Germany and some other national team (South Korea?), from the FM folder. 

Correct, but I meant the German team names i.e. Schalke being called Gelsenkirchen and a few others. The fake file didn't sort that unfortunatly

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

Just now, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Correct, but I meant the German team names i.e. Schalke being called Gelsenkirchen and a few others.

Ah fair play, can't remember if there was ever a fix for that in the workshop? 

It genuinely put me off managing in Germany though. 

Ah fair play, can't remember if there was ever a fix for that in the workshop? 
It genuinely put me off managing in Germany though. 
Sortitoutsi puts out a name fixes file every year that fixes both fake name clubs and adds real comp names

8 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

If I tried to tell myself that I won't buy it this year then I would be a lying to myself

From the new branding and trailer it looks quite shite but I'd be lying if I said I haven't pre ordered it already.

I bought and played 18 after not bothering with 17.  I find the press conferences and the social media bit need to be improved, the questions are far too similar.

I'll definitely be buying 19 though. I'd like to a continuation system set up, where I can load my 18 save into 19 and begin from there.

2 hours ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

I bought and played 18 after not bothering with 17.  I find the press conferences and the social media bit need to be improved, the questions are far too similar.

I'll definitely be buying 19 though. I'd like to a continuation system set up, where I can load my 18 save into 19 and begin from there.

The press conferences you can farm out to  your assistant. If you change one of the settings - cant remember which - you can bypass the social media stuff and never even see it.

As it stands, compatible saves is highly unlikely. I've said it before, though, I'd like to see them move to a subscription model where you pay each month to get a game thats regularly updated, with features and data, rather than buying a "new" game every year. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2018 at 18:28, Mr X said:

The press conferences you can farm out to  your assistant. If you change one of the settings - cant remember which - you can bypass the social media stuff and never even see it.

As it stands, compatible saves is highly unlikely. I've said it before, though, I'd like to see them move to a subscription model where you pay each month to get a game thats regularly updated, with features and data, rather than buying a "new" game every year. 

I don't think they'd ever go down that route.  If they ever revived FML (which they won't, because taking off the rose tinted specs of the time, it was shite) then they could go all in on something like that, but the main title just fits the yearly cycle.  A lot of data changes their hands would be tied by licensing anyway, and I dread to think what half-arsed features they'd drop in if they only had a month or so to flesh them out.  They're often bad enough given the year.

I hated FM18 for some reason, just couldn't get into it, probably played a handful of hours if that.  17 was better, but not by a huge amount.  Expect I'll still be a proper mug and pre-order this though.  Hopefully it's better.

4 minutes ago, forameus said:

I don't think they'd ever go down that route.  If they ever revived FML (which they won't, because taking off the rose tinted specs of the time, it was shite) then they could go all in on something like that, but the main title just fits the yearly cycle.  A lot of data changes their hands would be tied by licensing anyway, and I dread to think what half-arsed features they'd drop in if they only had a month or so to flesh them out.  They're often bad enough given the year.

I hated FM18 for some reason, just couldn't get into it, probably played a handful of hours if that.  17 was better, but not by a huge amount.  Expect I'll still be a proper mug and pre-order this though.  Hopefully it's better.

I'd argue, though, that it would give them longer to introduce new features rather than having to hit a specific deadline each year. Its the model a lot of software is moving too. Theres no reason for the data updates to change either, two a year after the transfer windows, if that works better. Licensing could be a bit odd if you suddenly have all the German teams revert to made up names, for example, but its hardly a deal breaker.

You're right on one thing, though, its not going to happen!