Gelling Threadbare Rovers v Stenhousemuir

To follow up on the Raith Suite posts above:

Martin McGroarty Making Raith Suite Music
Saturday 11th August 2018
After an appeal to local musicians last week to offer prematch entertainment, we had an amazing response. This week we are delighted to have talented local Rovers' fan Martin McGroarty appearing in the Raith Suite from 12.45pm. Check out Martin's stuff here at www.martinmcgroarty.com. Please note the Raith Suite is restricted in capacity and match tickets need to be bought from main office before entering the suite. Transfers are available for those who prefer to sit in the Penman Family Stand for the match. With Sky Sports on in the background too and a well stocked bar, what a great way to start your Saturday!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pre-Match Interviews now available on my website:

Barry Smith

Grant Gillespie

Huge game for Raith tomorrow. It'll be interesting to see how their new pitch plays out. I was on it yesterday while conducting the interviews and it is definitely dry - as the old cliche goes though, it is the same for both teams. 

With Stenny coming in to the match under no real pressure and on the back of last weekend's victory, you can't rule Brown Ferguson's side out at all. In theory, Raith should be winning this game but the way the season has started, it may be very hard for the Rovers to kick themselves into gear tomorrow. 

The prospect of playing injured GK Kieran Wright is a distinct possibility unless a trialist is brought in; either way, it can't be great preparation for the hosts. I'm sure the visitors will have a shoot-on-sight policy tomorrow. 

Good luck to both teams: I think it'll be a good, competitive, match but I can't pick a winner tbh. If I was to be pushed, I'd say draw... :angel

I thought Graeme Smith had signed with Stenhousemuir, so every chance he will be at San Starko today.

It’s the other Graeme Smith who’s at Stenhousemuir. Our one is, obviously, without a club.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Gary Irvine appear at some point. We need an experienced right back, Barry knows him well and there’s an article with him on the BBC website about the struggle for him and several others still without clubs.

1 minute ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

:lol: I remember what you were like with your own trialists preseason.

I can’t even begin to imagine what you’ll be like come 3PM today knowing that we’re fielding a trialist :lol:

Not even any trialist, a trialist 'keeper. The most exciting type of trialist there is :lol:

I was quite proud that I managed to get names and info for all our pre-season trialists despite being 1,500 miles away 8)

2 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Gary Irvine appear at some point. We need an experienced right back, Barry knows him well and there’s an article with him on the BBC website about the struggle for him and several others still without clubs.

It also mentioned Rab Douglas as being unemployed........ geez 

Archived