Gelling Threadbare Rovers v Stenhousemuir

Can we go another season unbeaten at home in the league? I have my doubts.

I’m sure we’re all eager to get back to Stark’s and see our new £700k signing. A signing which pisses all over East Fife’s lawnmower.

Can we get the better of Stenhousemuir?

IMG_1533505601.324846.jpg

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our away 'form' shows no sign of a turn around making almost all home games in the must win category. 

Not sure on a score prediction but I am almost certain that the game/football played will be horrific and the attendance will be in a similar mould. 

Hoping the football score doesn't put manage to put a dampener on our day/night out and we can grind something out.

Even although we're short in numbers in the middle of the park, I'm feeling strangely confident about this one and I reckon we could take something from it. Raith Rovers looked rubbish against Stranraer and probably wouldn't have scored unless Jamie Hamill keeled over inside his own penalty box. I'd expect them to see more of the ball but we have players who can organise a defence, midfielders who can offer protection and use the ball well, and a player in Mark McGuigan to hold up the ball and keep the team up the park.

I reckon this could be a low-scoring draw.

This must be the least eagerly awaited first home league game of the season for many a year.

Oh for the glory days of the 2002-03 season and the matches between Antonio Calderon's Rovers side full of sneaky foreigners and John McVeigh's Stenhousemuir side full of good old fashioned thugs. 

As for this game, I'm going for a bit of a surprise result, a 1-0 win for Rovers to end the 8 game run without a win.

This must be the least eagerly awaited first home league game of the season for many a year.

Oh for the glory days of the 2002-03 season and the matches between Antonio Calderon's Rovers side full of sneaky foreigners and John McVeigh's Stenhousemuir side full of good old fashioned thugs. 

As for this game, I'm going for a bit of a surprise result, a 1-0 win for Rovers to end the 8 game run without a win.

I enjoyed that season a lot. Somewhat of a mini rivalry seemed to develop between the teams. That McVeigh team was by far the most comitted/thuggish I've seen us have. With a few games to go we were a handful of points off 2nd place but lost a string of matches in a row and ended up potentially needing a point at Berwick on the last day to stay up, which we got.

I remember winning 1-0 at Starks courtesy of a penalty in what was the smashiest and grabiest of smash and grabs I've ever seen. Halcyon days.

1 hour ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

The last time we played Raith Rovers was in the League Cup a couple of years ago and Stephen Stirling scored the best Warriors goal I've ever seen in my life:

I remember coming away from that match Raging, saying how shite McKinnon will be for us...

How I’d love to just go back to after that game now...

2 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

The big man's injured and won't be available for a couple of weeks, sadly.

Still scope for a 50/50 draw.

The only shining light of Smith's reign so far is the fact we've only lost one game at home in the league (Alloa in the playoffs where we got utterly ruined).  Fully expecting McMenamin to score against us (pretty sure he's always had a solid track record of scoring against us). This will be the first game I've been along to since we got ruined in the playoffs. Can see there being a lot of pressure from the home fans if things aren't going our way.

Yeah Smith needs the win here. I don't think we'll have a problem with getting a result but I'm not expecting any great performance. Last season we just had teams sitting in and holding on with very little in the way of threats up front. It didn't make for great entertainment and I'm not expecting much else this weekend. Hopefully when players get back and we're firing on all cylinders then we can start breaking these teams down a bit better than last year.

Still scope for a 50/50 draw.
The only shining light of Smith's reign so far is the fact we've only lost one game at home in the league (Alloa in the playoffs where we got utterly ruined).  Fully expecting McMenamin to score against us (pretty sure he's always had a solid track record of scoring against us). This will be the first game I've been along to since we got ruined in the playoffs. Can see there being a lot of pressure from the home fans if things aren't going our way.

Do we count the play-off defeat? For me we’re still unbeaten at home in league games.

And f**k Alloa.

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

Do we count the play-off defeat? For me we’re still unbeaten at home in league games.

And f**k Alloa.

I don't count games against Alloa full stop. In my world we won the league and are riding the crest of a wave in the Championship right now.

9 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

The last time we played Raith Rovers was in the League Cup a couple of years ago and Stephen Stirling scored the best Warriors goal I've ever seen in my life:

It was the diddy cup rather than the league cup. 

Still a good goal though. 

Archived