St Johnstone v Hibernians, Sunday 12th August 2018

57 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Nah, not a bit of it. The stereotype is spot on.

The reason Edinburgh is so low on the table is that everyone in Leith has built up their tolerance levels and can withstand a conventionally lethal dose. Overdosing is for tourists and amateurs.

Tourists in Dundee? Surely no. 

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hibs likely to make a few changes for this game after last nights efforts?

Shaughnessy potentially could be involved for Saints. 

Hope TW goes back to the sort of team he was selecting in the League Cup - I know against a lower standard than Hibs but the players looked much more comfortable and we created plenty chances. 

Wright back on the right hand side and Kennedy back on the left too!

Sadly though, I suspect he'll go to 4-5-1 with Kerr sitting in midfield with Muzz and Spoony ahead of him. 

4 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Vive la shitfest.  Points required.

IMG_0737.JPG

You know you're in some nick when you have 5 midfielders in the squad not in the team and a centre half is justifiably ahead of them in the pecking order to play centre mid.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Swap Kerr for Joe and that's the team I'd have. It's going to be wet so no nonsense CBs is what we need.

Is Joe more no nonsense than Kerr or Ando? 

48 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Everyone suggesting centre back combinations that dont include Ando...

I really doubt Tommy will leave him out. 

I'm just worried about MacLaren/Kamberi getting in behind him/isolating him. Kerr and Gordon far more mobile. 

Theres also the issue of Anderson inevitably becoming the player who sees most of the ball when he plays. 

Anderson was our best player last week and I've been impressed with him so far this season. We are really strong at centre back this season. I'd be happy with any of the four playing.

Jason Kerr in midfield isn't an option for me, either Wotherspoon or Craig need to stand up and be counted. Don't know how the manager will line up or indeed what I think the best approach should be. He's the one paid to get these decisions right though. Are there any advantages to playing one striker against three centre backs though, especially for a team of Saints' quality?

1 hour ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

f**k it lets just go for another fag packet formation 

SmartSelect_20180811-140245_LINEUP11.jpg

Oooh side panels and a badge??   you win!

That is a helluva attack minded team.

Going by the irrefutable logic that the more team line ups we throw at this contest, the more confusion we cause the Hibees scouts, who will obviously be searching here for intel; so here is my revised, final offering:

IMG_0738.JPG

I still think playing one striker against a back three plays into the hands of Hibs. You are putting a lot on us passing the ball well if we go that way. The problem is that two of the signings have been proper wingers, so matching up 3-5-2, or going with the 3-4-1-2 we intermittently used last season, doesn't suit those players. But then are the wide midfielders disciplined enough for us simply to go 4-4-2 and does that formation also leave us too weak in the middle of the park?

As I've said already this week, Tommy Wright earns his corn today.

17 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Going by the irrefutable logic that the more team line ups we throw at this contest, the more confusion we cause the Hibees scouts, who will obviously be searching here for intel; so here is my revised, final offering...

You maybe joke and clearly at Premiership level it is different but I remember listening to Allan Maitland on Radio Scotland several years ago, where he admitted looking at this forum in the lead up to games to try and get a gauge on what the opposition where likely to do.

Archived