St Johnstone v Hibernians, Sunday 12th August 2018

Guest Bob Mahelp
5 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Yes both look very good; comfortable on the ball, always looking to get on it, and with good movement. 

You look at that starting Hibs team, and the fact that they can still bring on Kambieri, Swanson, Slivka etc and you realise the difference in depth of attacking options that they have.

Having said that, they don't look solid, and possibly the balance of their side is still not quite there.  You have to be prepared to create them a problem as they look likely to give away a lot of chances.

Swanson and Slivka are brutal. 

They'd be nothing more than bit part players for any team in the SPL. 

I not sure that naming both of them gives an indication of depth of squad...:lol:

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bob Mahelp said:

I not sure that naming both of them gives an indication of depth of squad...:lol:

Offt from absolutely nowhere Standfree comes in fuming at all things Hibs :lol:

Just now, The Grass Is Greener. said:

How was Horgan? 

He looked dangerous. Didn’t look much slower than Boyle but trickier and more inclined to cut inside. I reckon he’ll be a regular once he gets up to speed as I think he may have been a bit off it today. 

Swanson got 15 goals and 11 assists for us in his last season. I’d love him back but, like Willock, isn’t really what we desperately need right now. 

2 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

......and I raise you Stevie May and BarnDoorBanjo Cosgrove :thumsup2

2 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Shite cross from Boyle goes straight out for  goal kick. 

Hibs fans out their seats screaming for a corner. :1eye

Decent cross for the Hibs equaliser. 

You mean the cross that clearly took a deflection ya fucking wheat shagging c**t?

1 hour ago, Elixir said:

Points dropped and the Hertz go clear at the tap. sgO1nxo.png

Was this the same Hertz you walked away from last season?

19 minutes ago, Cumdog35 said:

You mean the cross that clearly took a deflection ya fucking wheat shagging c**t?

Paulo is a great laugh. Wait for a couple of defeats and it’ll be back to chucking it for the season and BUDGE OOT!!1!1!

Just back in. Thought we looked good (again), just a little unfocussed given our current European involvement/weren't playing full strength from the off.

Horgan looks a great wee player - very tidy on the ball and nippy dribbler.   Thought Wright for the Saints looked a player as well.

Credit once again to St Johnstone for your Steak and Chorizo pie (as recommended by Nelly). Utterly sublime, worth the trip alone!  

54 minutes ago, Cumdog35 said:

34 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Paulo is a great laugh. Wait for a couple of defeats and it’ll be back to chucking it for the season and BUDGE OOT!!1!1!

22 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Has his mum allowed him to attend a game yet?

Not taking it too well it seem, boeys.

Signing of Watt is beginning to look masterful. For a club at our level, with our budget, to have a striker who's able to physically, and technically, compete on his own up front, it's incredible. 

You compare him to the likes of Motherwells strikers, who are just big physical steam rollers, or Hamiltons/Dundees absolute huddies, and it makes you happy. Him, Kane and McMillan are probably the best striking options, in term of all three choices, I can remember since the First Division days. 

3 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

An absolute stonewall penalty I though when Ambrose went up (from a corner?) and blocked it with his hand.

UHnYMed.png

3 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

"Blocked with his hand"

You mean a mis-timed header that resulted in the ball scuffing off his arm that was in no way in an unnatural position?

Q9cCas7.png

3 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

He did also have a superb block from Alston's shot from outside the box that he deflected over the bar.

2bhqEmh.png

I agree Watts looked good so far, but we better not get ahead of ourselves. He could easily just become disinterested and fail to score again for the rest of the season. What I did notice was he’s happy and smiling throughout the game, but also he’s quick to tell players around him if he’s not getting what he wants. Now I don’t mind that, Maclean did it all the time, what I hope happens is that when he gets abuse and a telling off from his team mates (and he did today) he reacts well and listens he’s clearly not 100% fit, he was out on his arse by 70 minutes again, but he’s looking like a very shrewd signing so far.

Archived