St Johnstone v Hibernians, Sunday 12th August 2018

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough one to call. I think we are better than Motherwell and they got horsed 3-0 away. Hibs are coming over to our patch and TW will be looking for a reaction after the Killie game. I’d take a score draw or a narrow victory for Tayside’s finest.

On 8/5/2018 at 23:15, Green Day said:

Havent been to Perth for a match for a while - I get pissed off waiting for all those tractors clogging up the A9 on the way there.

You could copy and paste the same banter from every single home match thread we've had for years. 

When did this become good banter? 

On the football, if we concede early, we're in for a tough afternoon again. 

TW HAS to pick a team in a shape looking to win the game, unlike Saturday's shambles. 

32 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

You could copy and paste the same banter from every single home match thread we've had for years. 

On the football, if we concede early, we're in for a tough afternoon again. 

TW HAS to pick a team in a shape looking to win the game, unlike Saturday's shambles. 

A9 is the wrong road for Hibs fans!

1 hour ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

That's townies for you. Where's the best prematch barn dance, and what's closest mate? 

2 hours ago, Steve McQueen said:

A9 is the wrong road for Hibs fans!

Small bit of A9 between Broxden and Mcd. 

Not much though

1 hour ago, HaikuHibee said:

That's townies for you. Where's the best prematch barn dance, and what's closest mate? 

Admittedly there isn't many close by. The 208 knocked down for flats. 

There's the "Tulloch Institute" which is 5-10 minute walk. Not sure how busy it'll be, not been in there pre match for a while. Old "Working Mans club" is probably the best way to describe it. You'll also get parked there free of charge or in the houses nearby  if someones driving.

There's the Muirton Suite under the Main Stand at Mcd. Not the biggest, if its busy its a hot house but nice enough. Of course the closest though. Presuming it'll be open to away fans - usually just the old firm not allowed in.

Ive also been told some away fans have gone into the Glovers arms which is also about a 10 minute walk, There certainly wont be any Saints fans in there as its nowhere near the houses and is a restaurant rather than pub. 

If I'm going for a pint I usually just go into the Muirton Suite. 

If you're on the train, I'd recommend sticking to a few pubs round Mill Street as you can get a bus from there to right outside the ground. 

I've just turned into the local tour guide!!

6 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Sorry about the tractors pish - genuinely gutted you have heard it before pal, I thought you only got  the internet up there this summer..............

p.s could be worse, we get called spoon burning aids ridden junkies :)

18 hours ago, HaikuHibee said:

In the city centre head for the Rabbie Burns lounge or the Bee Bar and if you're feeling adventurous(ran out of gear) The Grill.

Near the ground The Welcome Inn, has a bookies adjoining it, pool tables etc. Food establishments within 50metres. Very very underrated and is approximately 7.5minutes from the ground and it's all downhill if you've had a few. 

7 hours ago, Austinho said:

I do believe it could be a rather outdated stereotype perhaps.

5D68C75C-54B2-4EF1-BDE6-F9DA2966A39B.jpeg

Nah, not a bit of it. The stereotype is spot on.

The reason Edinburgh is so low on the table is that everyone in Leith has built up their tolerance levels and can withstand a conventionally lethal dose. Overdosing is for tourists and amateurs.

Archived