St Johnstone v Hibernians, Sunday 12th August 2018

Next Sunday sees the high flying Hibs visit McDiarmid Park.  Hibs have averaged 12.6 goals a game so far and seem to be playing with a lot of confidence.

Saints had a poor start at Kilmarnock, not just the result, but the performance wasn't good.

hibernian have not beaten St Johnstone in a league game for 5 years.

Hopefully Molde kick Hibs all over the place on Thursday resulting in plenty of injuries, and McGinn gets sold. We really need at least a point here.

Previously, I'd have fancied usto be able to battle out a point, but this season I'm not sure our midfield look like they're well equipped to play defensively.

Maybe we should just go for a baws oot toe to toe first to seven wins type game, as the Hibs defence is poor and the one area you feel they are vulnerable.

I think we'll  revert to a back four with Foster at RB and similar midfield to yesterday, with Scougall in behind Watt in attack.

Hopefully Hibs bring a good crowd through, as in recent seasons Edinburgh away supports have been relatively poor; but now both sides of this rugby loving city are going well, would expect a few more of these glory hunting old firm wannabes to attend. 

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Havent been to Perth for a match for a while - I get pissed off waiting for all those tractors clogging up the A9 on the way there.

27 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

trying too hard, as usual. Leave the patter for the decent Hibs posters, m9.

3 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

Hibernians  ?? Ahhh, a  troll after my own heart.  Hibernianwent bust in 1891. I think it's Hibernian you are playing. They were formed in 1893.

What's that you say ? It was just a typo ? Surely not.

qnUKmGn.png

That’s Kickback patter m8. 

Speaking of Kickback -http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/131056-heart-of-midlothian-wound-up-in-1905/

Hibs at home with the midfield in the state that it's in.

Image result for no gif

Think I'll go sit in a darkened room whilst this game is going on and refuse to acknowledge the end result as a thing.

Davidson vs McGinn and friends :lol: 

Expecting a more predictable set up, and performance. Will Hibs play 3 at the back? 

Clark in goals, Foster and Tanser as full back, not sure how the CBs done on Saturday so unsure on that one, tbh, happy with any combination. 

Wright, Muzz and Kennedy all in midfield. New CM if we have one, if not stick Craig in there. He's pretty poor in there but at least he knows his limitations, that's preferable to Wotherspoon passing to opposition players twenty yards from goal. 

Hibs play a back three then McMillan beside Watt, if not Scougall behind Watt. 

14 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Next Sunday sees the high flying Hibs visit McDiarmid Park.  Hibs have averaged 12.6 goals a game so far and seem to be playing with a lot of confidence.

4U0m6pP.png

Saints had a poor start at Kilmarnock, not just the result, but the performance wasn't good.

yXAbrOQ.png

hibernian have not beaten St Johnstone in a league game for 5 years.

Ljsl9nQ.png

Hopefully Molde kick Hibs all over the place on Thursday resulting in plenty of injuries, and McGinn gets sold. We really need at least a point here.

eMlO2Ay.png

.... anyway. This is going to be one of those 3-3, 4-4 games. Where Hibs score a handful of top European quality goals while defending like Bobby and Tam from your local pub team after several bevvies. Here's hoping that the Saintees are as goal blind as the Motherwell forward line.

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Expecting a more predictable set up, and performance. Will Hibs play 3 at the back? 

Clark in goals, Foster and Tanser as full back, not sure how the CBs done on Saturday so unsure on that one, tbh, happy with any combination. 

Wright, Muzz and Kennedy all in midfield. New CM if we have one, if not stick Craig in there. He's pretty poor in there but at least he knows his limitations, that's preferable to Wotherspoon passing to opposition players twenty yards from goal. 

Hibs play a back three then McMillan beside Watt, if not Scougall behind Watt. 

Pretty much agree with your selection, though I'd go for Scougall in behind Watt, he'll hopefully find pockets of space and allow us to play the ball on the ground far more. Otherwise I fear we'll see another aerial bombardment of the 2 strikers instead of just Watt.

In terms of centre backs, all three were good and stood up,to killies physical presence. Gordon had a few sliced clearances and a scare or two, but Killie pressed us as soon as our defenders got on the ball, and we ended up having to play long from the back as a result.  I'd be happy with any two from the three. 

If we haven't got our new Claude Makelele signed by next weekend, I wouldn't be a(d)verse to  seeing JK play there again; he looked good in there for the 10-15 minutes or so that he was played CM. Full of energy, can play a pass, got stuck in.

9 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

4U0m6pP.png

yXAbrOQ.png

Ljsl9nQ.png

eMlO2Ay.png

.... anyway. This is going to be one of those 3-3, 4-4 games. Where Hibs score a handful of top European quality goals while defending like Bobby and Tam from your local pub team after several bevvies. Here's hoping that the Saintees are as goal blind as the Motherwell forward line.

Haha, we wish!!

Saints score 3 or 4 goals :lol:

When (if :( ) we get our midfield sorted out we might start to threaten that kind of number occasionally but I just don't see it right now. Davidson + A.N.Other in midfield just isn't strong enough to compete, especially when the new wingers are flair players and not grafters.

With that in mind, I wonder if Wright will be tempted to drop Wright or Kennedy (more likely) for this game to bring in a stodgy player like Craig to try and compete better in midfield. 

I know Hibs early season heroics will eventually take their toll and they may rotate their squad/be tired in this one, but I can't see past a Hibs win as things stand. A new signing who can come in and play would give me a bit more confidence though.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

Haha, we wish!!

I'm sure the mentality was the same the last time I was there.

I'm pretty sure we conceded 5 that night. :unsure2: Well worth the mystery tour I took around Perth before finally picking up a random Saintee who could guide me to the ground. ;)

2 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

I'm pretty sure we conceded 5 that night. :unsure2: Well worth the mystery tour I took around Perth before finally picking up a random Saintee who could guide me to the ground. ;)

Was that 2010?

Cillian Sheridan and Liam Craig both scored two, and The Good Doctor bagged one in the middle. 

You lot were on fire that season, while we were still pretty close to the bottom two spots. Funny old game. 

20 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Would love to see it, and really hoping for a reaction after Saturday past at kilmarnock, but our midfield looks disjointed and there's no obvious fix without a new signing coming in.

Hoping Hibs playing all these early season games struggle to get up for it and have an off day.

Looking forward to it, still got the early season buzz, and should be a decent atmosphere.

Archived