StMirren visit Ibrox 12th August

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Most of the guys I know aren't happy at Stubbs for not having a proper go when Rangers went down to 10 men.

We had a lot of the ball but could still be playing now and not have scored.

We were doing ok until the terrible mistake that cost us the first goal.

That's good to hear. I think you should be more critical of your team with the lack of chances created. There are couple of St Mirren fans here who should take that on board.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Not much to be positive about Mullen came close with his shoot we really should have taken the game more direct in the second half . Still they have spent 10 million while we have spent £75,000 huge gulf in resources.

Of course there is a big gap in resources but 10 men is 10 men at the end of the day.

We've also only spent £7m and about £3.5m net which is currently less than what Pedro spent/wasted.

I get that people think we should have pushed more, but this isn't a Wee Gus all or nothing Cup Final (and that game still gives me nightmares). It's the start of the season under a new manager and fairly new team/tactics.

For me, I felt if we pushed we'd have been punished more. It might have been against 10 men, but on the park Rangers are miles ahead of us in terms of quality. I think it's a shame we never made more of our opportunities but I'm also happy we didn't hit full on turbo and get caught on the break time and again.

I get that people think we should have pushed more, but this isn't a Wee Gus all or nothing Cup Final (and that game still gives me nightmares). It's the start of the season under a new manager and fairly new team/tactics.
For me, I felt if we pushed we'd have been punished more. It might have been against 10 men, but on the park Rangers are miles ahead of us in terms of quality. I think it's a shame we never made more of our opportunities but I'm also happy we didn't hit full on turbo and get caught on the break time and again.
Aye Rangers looked more likely to score again than we did. Bearing in mind we started the game with 3 forwards, it's hard to see how we could have been more attacking. Rangers are definitely more solid than seasons of past.

We played some nice pretty passes but at the end of the day they were pretty ineffective.

31 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Aye Rangers looked more likely to score again than we did. Bearing in mind we started the game with 3 forwards, it's hard to see how we could have been more attacking. Rangers are definitely more solid than seasons of past.

We played some nice pretty passes but at the end of the day they were pretty ineffective.

It might seem defeatist but if you had offered me a 2-0 defeat at Ibrox with no injuries and a decent level of effort, I would have taken it. To me, visiting the OF at home is like visiting that doddery old relative that nobody really likes so you get it over and done with as quickly as possible and then move onto more interesting things.

2 hours ago, Buddist Monk said:

My first post on this said I wouldn't attend for the exact reason people are complaining about after the game.

Anyone who has witnessed Ibrox during the 70s 80s and even 90s will know that it's pretty much common place to have objects hurled at you, abuse hurled at you and on many an occasion you'll get piss (in whatever receptacle at hand) hurled at you. That accompanied by the complete lack of interest from the stewards, unless you somehow have the temerity to stand to see what is going on because the view is so fucking bad. In those cases you can have a stewards shout at you within 10 seconds. Point out to them that the fans on the other side of the segregation are doing the same and you'll get a shrug of the shoulders. Tell them that they are using sectarian or racist language? You'll get told to report it to the police. Report it to the police and they'll say they that you should contact the stewards.

I understand why home teams like to make their away fans feel uncomfortable, it's all part of the mind games played, and at it's mildest I see no issue with it. What I do find pathetic is the level to which Rangers fans do (and in my experience, always have) go completely overboard. Clearly breaking the law on many an occasion. What's to do with them? Well f**k all really. For all Rangers claims it's a club that is hard done to by authorities, no c**t is going to actually push for their fans to be scrutinised.

Many Rangers fans will say "aye, but it's a tiny minority and we have such a large fan base you'll always get fannies", and to be entirely fair here that is a valid comment. It's not a defence  though. It's been happening for generations now, it's not just an occasional thing, and while it's certainly better now than being pelted by rocks as you leave Ibrox only for the local police to look on unconcerned it's still an issue.

I was entirely right to boycott this game, and I will boycott the game against them at home too, and if it didn't put us in a financially weaker position I would limit their tickets too. What percentage do we get at Ibrox? Repeat that same number for Greenhill Road.

Tell us more, you're absolutely itching to and we are keen to hear it.

And just for the avoidance of doubt, will you be back?

6 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Don't be daft.

Of course you make lots of posts that could sensibly be described as 'pro-Rangers' by any definition.  It started off as an interesting enough stance whereby you were a diddy fan, with even less time for Celtic than for Rangers, a departure from the more prevalent view on here, certainly on the Rangers threads.  

High on the reaction to this though, you let that morph into unashamed cheerleading  - "Good luck, YATP etc"  Now obviously, you'll cite this as a wind up or somesuch, and I'll imagine that is indeed pretty much what it is a crude attempt at. 

Claim if you like that you're not actually all that pro-Rangers in reality yourself.   Don't be silly enough to claim that your posts aren't though.

Of course it's a wind up and frankly, trolling but I've no problem admitting that.

Initially as you say when I started posting on these forums I gave my views honestly and frankly on Rangers and Celtic, the most popular topic on these forums. I gave my views based on my own personal experience of both clubs and supports as a Motherwell fan and was met with the predictable and lazy 'big team found, *** without the busfare, member of the lodge' guff that so many football fans in this country resort to when a certain club is being discussed and someone isn't toeing the party line. I tried to debate with reason and logic with these people but to no avail, so therefore I resorted to trolling and ridiculing them for their twisted, follow-like-sheep attitudes. 

I shall revert to being serious one more time here on this matter, not that it'll make much difference but that doesn't matter. I have no time for Rangers FC, old or new. I see their club as a shambling basketcase and their supporter base is made up largely of folk who have a mentality abd outlook which was probably quite common place in Scotland many, many years ago, but in 2018 just makes them look extremely sad and out of touch. In short, I find them ridiculous but on the main, pretty harmless as they've never given me any real grief in and around football so I can let their attitude go over my head. The only thing I find more ridiculous than that is how obsessed and twisted some fans of other clubs get over them, so much so that even the mention of their name is enough to make them lose the plot and talk utter pish, exaggerate and generally just get very angry over very little indeed. That the sight of some pot-bellied oik in a super sized 5 year old top (I generalise here, of course) shouting 'We are the People' acts like a red tag to a bull to so many is, to me, baffling. Each to their own of course, but I just think it's so ridiculous it's funny.

12 minutes ago, MJC said:

Of course it's a wind up and frankly, trolling but I've no problem admitting that.

Initially as you say when I started posting on these forums I gave my views honestly and frankly on Rangers and Celtic, the most popular topic on these forums. I gave my views based on my own personal experience of both clubs and supports as a Motherwell fan and was met with the predictable and lazy 'big team found, *** without the busfare, member of the lodge' guff that so many football fans in this country resort to when a certain club is being discussed and someone isn't toeing the party line. I tried to debate with reason and logic with these people but to no avail, so therefore I resorted to trolling and ridiculing them for their twisted, follow-like-sheep attitudes. 

I shall revert to being serious one more time here on this matter, not that it'll make much difference but that doesn't matter. I have no time for Rangers FC, old or new. I see their club as a shambling basketcase and their supporter base is made up largely of folk who have a mentality abd outlook which was probably quite common place in Scotland many, many years ago, but in 2018 just makes them look extremely sad and out of touch. In short, I find them ridiculous but on the main, pretty harmless as they've never given me any real grief in and around football so I can let their attitude go over my head. The only thing I find more ridiculous than that is how obsessed and twisted some fans of other clubs get over them, so much so that even the mention of their name is enough to make them lose the plot and talk utter pish, exaggerate and generally just get very angry over very little indeed. That the sight of some pot-bellied oik in a super sized 5 year old top (I generalise here, of course) shouting 'We are the People' acts like a red tag to a bull to so many is, to me, baffling. Each to their own of course, but I just think it's so ridiculous it's funny.

Yes, I'm still not sure how you get from there to YATP.  Trolling, as you say, but I don't really get what fun is to be derived from it.

I spent about three years on here getting the letter 'h' inserted into my username.  It didn't encourage me to play up to it, but I suppose we're all different.

Thought we played some tidy stuff in the second half yesterday but all too often we were trying to walk the ball in instead of taking a dig. Our defending was shambolic for near enough the full game, we will struggle big time if we continue to not be able to defend. Baird will cop most of the flak but Coulson and left centre half were equally all over the place. The gap between the two centre halves was ridiculous at times.
I wasn’t all that impressed with Rangers I think we gifted them far more chances than they created. No.23 looks a real good player in midfield and for us Willock and Mullen impressed.
Katic is a big soft shite for a centre half, trying to block Mullen runs into him and goes down. McGregor and the home support claiming it was a red card as well, idiots.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, I'm still not sure how you get from there to YATP.  Trolling, as you say, but I don't really get what fun is to be derived from it.

I spent about three years on here getting the letter 'h' inserted into my username.  It didn't encourage me to play up to it, but I suppose we're all different.

Aye but we know you’re one of them Mhonkey Bhoy!!!!11!!!11!

I have always thought MJCs trolling was so obvious but some take him so seriously 

Then again there is a lot of truth in what he says.

22 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Thought we played some tidy stuff in the second half yesterday but all too often we were trying to walk the ball in instead of taking a dig. Our defending was shambolic for near enough the full game, we will struggle big time if we continue to not be able to defend. Baird will cop most of the flak but Coulson and left centre half were equally all over the place. The gap between the two centre halves was ridiculous at times.
I wasn’t all that impressed with Rangers I think we gifted them far more chances than they created. No.23 looks a real good player in midfield and for us Willock and Mullen impressed.
Katic is a big soft shite for a centre half, trying to block Mullen runs into him and goes down. McGregor and the home support claiming it was a red card as well, idiots.

Is there anything the home support didn't claim for ? Thankfully the ref didn't fall for most of their play acting.

Nice to see that the st boo fans aren't bitter......

Only bitterness as always comes from the orcs. It must be galling for you to spend reasonable money but the best you can hope for is to challenge Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs for 2nd

Archived