StMirren visit Ibrox 12th August

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hahaha. That’s really funny because putting stuff up your bum is gay and being gay is bad. Hahahaha.

utter bellend of a poster.

The buns look more solid at the back and should make the title race more interesting. Also a dubious red card. Running away from goal, heavy touch and with a covering defender. Saints put up far more fight in that game than we did on all of our trips to Ibrox the last two seasons. 

Sounds like a horrible match day experience all round. Travelling Saints fans were charged £27 for the privilege of sitting in the corner with a rubbish view and having objects hurled at them.

Games like that make you miss the Championship.

9 hours ago, MJC said:

No.

And apart from anything else, I don't think I've made too many, if any, posts which are actually 'pro-Rangers'. 

I know obviously my interpretation of 'pro-Rangers' and alot of the obsessed clowns out there differs somewhat. 'Pro-Rangers' to these luminaries is any sort of view which departs even slightly from the narrative that "Rangers are bad, evil, a vile institution", whereas I would interpret as showing unwavering support for them, talking them up at every opportunity. :rolleyes:

Don't be daft.

Of course you make lots of posts that could sensibly be described as 'pro-Rangers' by any definition.  It started off as an interesting enough stance whereby you were a diddy fan, with even less time for Celtic than for Rangers, a departure from the more prevalent view on here, certainly on the Rangers threads.  

High on the reaction to this though, you let that morph into unashamed cheerleading  - "Good luck, YATP etc"  Now obviously, you'll cite this as a wind up or somesuch, and I'll imagine that is indeed pretty much what it is a crude attempt at. 

Claim if you like that you're not actually all that pro-Rangers in reality yourself.   Don't be silly enough to claim that your posts aren't though.

1 hour ago, Lex said:

Games like that make you miss the Championship.

Not to worry Lex. If you play like yesterday all the time then you'll be back in the Championship in no time.

I can't seem to understand your fans being happy with your performance. One long-range shot on target against ten men for 60 minutes and still letting in chances at the other end.

Bafflingly low standards.

Not to worry Lex. If you play like yesterday all the time then you'll be back in the Championship in no time.
I can't seem to understand your fans being happy with your performance. One long-range shot on target against ten men for 60 minutes and still letting in chances at the other end.
Bafflingly low standards.
Just as well our performances against Rangers and Celtic won't define our season. Some would say they are a free hit [emoji39] others don't.

We got off lightly yesterday, it was looking like a 5-0er until Rangers got the red card.

11 hours ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

f**k off Rob. You can see plenty of first hand stuff on here of what goes on there. My family experienced it during the 2-2 game you had with us as well.

ah the internet, always known for being full of the truth and nothing else

btw i seen plenty of juvenile rangers fans coming out of pittodrie last week handing objects to police and stewards that were thrown at them by aberdeen fans, one had a graze on the side of his cheek from when a plastic bottle hit him, police wanted nothing to do with it

4 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Just as well our performances against Rangers and Celtic won't define our season. Some would say they are a free hit emoji39.png others don't.

We got off lightly yesterday, it was looking like a 5-0er until Rangers got the red card.

I understand you aren't expecting to come to Ibrox and win but thought you wouldn't be as happy with how you little you created against 10 men.

3 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

I understand you aren't expecting to come to Ibrox and win but thought you wouldn't be as happy with how you little you created against 10 men.

Some of their fans failed to appreciate that points were available for this fixture.

Most of the guys I know aren't happy at Stubbs for not having a proper go when Rangers went down to 10 men.

We had a lot of the ball but could still be playing now and not have scored.

We were doing ok until the terrible mistake that cost us the first goal.

1 hour ago, 54_and_counting said:

ah the internet, always known for being full of the truth and nothing else

btw i seen plenty of juvenile rangers fans coming out of pittodrie last week handing objects to police and stewards that were thrown at them by aberdeen fans, one had a graze on the side of his cheek from when a plastic bottle hit him, police wanted nothing to do with it

Fans who throw 'missiles' at other fans are scumbags. 

I hope this clears up whatever point you were trying to make. 

Not much to be positive about Mullen came close with his shoot we really should have taken the game more direct in the second half . Still they have spent 10 million while we have spent £75,000 huge gulf in resources.

There is a very bad element within the  sports direct stadium who will bring shame to the newest club in Scotland already two have been stabbed at their mid week game and now a young female fan has been hit with a bottle. Unfortunately the rest of Scottish football fans have to put up with this. Hope my club now limit the newest scottish clubs fans to one stand when they come to Paisley they can not be trusted to behave . I hope fellow SMISA members get this brought up at the next board meeting.

My first post on this said I wouldn't attend for the exact reason people are complaining about after the game.

Anyone who has witnessed Ibrox during the 70s 80s and even 90s will know that it's pretty much common place to have objects hurled at you, abuse hurled at you and on many an occasion you'll get piss (in whatever receptacle at hand) hurled at you. That accompanied by the complete lack of interest from the stewards, unless you somehow have the temerity to stand to see what is going on because the view is so fucking bad. In those cases you can have a stewards shout at you within 10 seconds. Point out to them that the fans on the other side of the segregation are doing the same and you'll get a shrug of the shoulders. Tell them that they are using sectarian or racist language? You'll get told to report it to the police. Report it to the police and they'll say they that you should contact the stewards.

I understand why home teams like to make their away fans feel uncomfortable, it's all part of the mind games played, and at it's mildest I see no issue with it. What I do find pathetic is the level to which Rangers fans do (and in my experience, always have) go completely overboard. Clearly breaking the law on many an occasion. What's to do with them? Well f**k all really. For all Rangers claims it's a club that is hard done to by authorities, no c**t is going to actually push for their fans to be scrutinised.

Many Rangers fans will say "aye, but it's a tiny minority and we have such a large fan base you'll always get fannies", and to be entirely fair here that is a valid comment. It's not a defence  though. It's been happening for generations now, it's not just an occasional thing, and while it's certainly better now than being pelted by rocks as you leave Ibrox only for the local police to look on unconcerned it's still an issue.

I was entirely right to boycott this game, and I will boycott the game against them at home too, and if it didn't put us in a financially weaker position I would limit their tickets too. What percentage do we get at Ibrox? Repeat that same number for Greenhill Road.

13 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

If only there was some kind of pattern or common theme here.

This should be posted in every page on the forum. Time for the SFA to step in deduct points , play in a closed  door stadium only when it hurts their own fans will this be knocked on the bud. 

Archived