StMirren visit Ibrox 12th August

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Cumdog35 said:

I was once struck on the side of the face with a lighter at Ibrox which clearly came from the right hand side as I was right next to the seperation banners. I am not a kid, elderly or a pregnant woman. So yes it happens all the time. I reported to police, who simply removed the lighter from my hand and told me to go sit down. Blatantly ignored by the police so yes it does happen all the time. I've seen a young boy as recently as last season with blood streaming from his head (thankfully was just a cut in the end). I've seen drinks cups full of god knows what, burgers, pies and coins and lighters thrown at away support.

Take your blue-nosed shite elsewhere.

Once again, I am not saying that this didn't happen. I wasn't there so couldn't say either way. I am just making an observation that the unfortunate victims of such missile throwing seems to be young kids etc. That's nothing to do with "blue-nosed shite" or any other colour nosed shite for that matter, it's merely an observation.

Folk seem extremely sensitive at this for some reason. :rolleyes:

f**k off Rob. You can see plenty of first hand stuff on here of what goes on there. My family experienced it during the 2-2 game you had with us as well.
You go into denial of everything. "Was it being thrown back?" FFS. That sort of comment, even if you don't want to say as much, is actively supporting such actions. By denying and deflecting to the victims, you support it.

Agreed the ‘thrown back’ comment was perhaps flippant, but we don’t get a bunch of Angels visiting Ibrox, never have in the 40 years I’ve been following the Gers!
I hardly ever see Rangers supporters on here complaining about the gauntlet that we experience at some away grounds, these days, (Hibs, Motherwell, Aberdeen..) but it’s become par for the course.
Whataboutery you might say, but it works both ways.
Anyone, irrespective of which team they follow who can’t behave themselves at the game should be banned indefinitely across every ground in Scotland. It would make for a much better spectacle for all supporters.

Apparently those dastardly Sevconians were launching javelins at the st boo fans...

@Cxlum    
Rangers fans
Threw a bottle at a LITTLE GIRL after they score
Tried attacking our fans as we left
Launched flag poles all game at us as javelins from upper tiers 
Try jumping some of our fans for the drum(failed)
Glasgow and Scotland’s shame

Fcuking javelins, even Magee couldn't top that....
I saw someone running away with a rucksack - I assume that was the drum you refer? Hope you got it back

Didn't understand why the police allowed the away support out at same time as the home support - a recipe for disaster.

Especially when the police and stewards stood like statues.

6 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Agreed the ‘thrown back’ comment was perhaps flippant, but we don’t get a bunch of Angels visiting Ibrox, never have in the 40 years I’ve been following the Gers!
I hardly ever see Rangers supporters on here complaining about the gauntlet that we experience at some away grounds, these days, (Hibs, Motherwell, Aberdeen..) but it’s become par for the course.
Whataboutery you might say, but it works both ways.
Anyone, irrespective of which team they follow who can’t behave themselves at the game should be banned indefinitely across every ground in Scotland. It would make for a much better spectacle for all supporters.

Correct and very well put. Anyone who goes to the football and can't behave themselves has an issue which goes way beyond the club they support. Be that flinging bottles, kicking sandcastles, invading pitches and attacking opposition players, disrespecting minutes silences, singing anti-Catholic songs, or anti-British songs, or makes 'Political' demonstrations  or whatever.

There is though a core of Scottish football fans who want you to believe the narrative that it's only Rangers fans who bring such nonsense into football, when in reality that's not the case at all. 

1 hour ago, bennett said:

"The police turn their backs (ignore it) and couldn't give a f**k"

Do you honestly believe that?

I’ve experienced it on numerous occasions. Is that so difficult to comprehend. The last time it happened I went to the steward and asked to get the police involved, he told me to sit in my seat or you’ll be thrown out of the stadium. 

In the end I’ve made the choice never to go back as I would never risk subjecting my son to that kind of crap at a football match. The truth is Rangers have a massive support/ fan base with a percentage of what can only be described as the dregs of society.

I’ve chosen not to go back to ibrox as I can’t be fucked with the hassle.

46 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

If I saw anyone throwing stuff at the visitors section around me, I can promise you, I’d make sure they were out of their seat. Reckon most of those around us would do exactly the same.

Naw ye widnae. :batman

13 minutes ago, MJC said:

Correct and very well put. Anyone who goes to the football and can't behave themselves has an issue which goes way beyond the club they support. Be that flinging bottles, kicking sandcastles, invading pitches and attacking opposition players, disrespecting minutes silences, singing anti-Catholic songs, or anti-British songs, or makes 'Political' demonstrations  or whatever.

There is though a core of Scottish football fans who want you to believe the narrative that it's only Rangers fans who bring such nonsense into football, when in reality that's not the case at all. 

The fucking state of you ffs. :lol:

So what's yer response to your team being the shittiest team in the league beaten by your bitter rivals leaving yer team in the shite drop zone? You'll post on the Sevco threads showing up who your real big team is because they are winning and your team is getting relegated. You must be an utterly broken little man. :lol:

It's amazing how it's always 'young fans' or kids, or OAPs or pregnant women that get hit by these supposed bottles thrown by Rangers fans. Are the grown men in these supports just better at dodging them or are the kids/OAPs/pregnant women just really, really unlucky?

To be fair you only ever really see young kids and women getting hit by a stray shot as, most likely, they are just sitting there with their head in the clouds (especially the women) when the majority of the adult male audience are staying alert.

So what's yer response to your team being the shittiest team in the league beaten by your bitter rivals leaving yer team in the shite drop zone? You'll post on the Sevco threads showing up who your real big team is because they are winning and your team is getting relegated. You must be an utterly broken little man. :lol:

And you’re as active on every Rangers thread as anyone else on here!
(you’re not alone though), hopefully the Gers will continue to pique your interest throughout this season.

8 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

I'm on the Sevco thread just like you are and the several other non Rangers/Sevco or St.Mirren fans are. 

I posted plenty of responses to my own teams defeat yesterday thanks for asking.

Today though my team weren't playing and like many others, I took an interest in the Rangers game or match thread more so. I always find them quite enjoyable, especially when they win. Cheers me up a bit after yesterday. :)

3 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

State of MJC

B42ED2AA-FD78-460D-B9F0-9793FDB32D69.png

Eh nope that's not me, though I do agree with some of the points made though. The bit about it being an attack on the Protestant community isn't something I'd agree with.

3 hours ago, MJC said:

It's amazing how it's always 'young fans' or kids, or OAPs or pregnant women that get hit by these supposed bottles thrown by Rangers fans. Are the grown men in these supports just better at dodging them or are the kids/OAPs/pregnant women just really, really unlucky?

From when we were last in the SPL I seem to remember a ‘Motherwell’ fan who seemed to spend all his time making pro-Rangers posts.

New alias same poster?

2 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

From when we were last in the SPL I seem to remember a ‘Motherwell’ fan who seemed to spend all his time making pro-Rangers posts.

New alias same poster?

Either that, or Motherwell is a *** hole. 

15 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

New alias same poster?

No.

And apart from anything else, I don't think I've made too many, if any, posts which are actually 'pro-Rangers'. 

I know obviously my interpretation of 'pro-Rangers' and alot of the obsessed clowns out there differs somewhat. 'Pro-Rangers' to these luminaries is any sort of view which departs even slightly from the narrative that "Rangers are bad, evil, a vile institution", whereas I would interpret as showing unwavering support for them, talking them up at every opportunity. :rolleyes:

58 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

Another perfectly sane post from the QC....

46 minutes ago, MJC said:

I'm on the Sevco thread just like you are and the several other non Rangers/Sevco or St.Mirren fans are. 

I posted plenty of responses to my own teams defeat yesterday thanks for asking.

Today though my team weren't playing and like many others, I took an interest in the Rangers game or match thread more so. I always find them quite enjoyable, especially when they win. Cheers me up a bit after yesterday. :)

Yes I read some of yer wee teams posts, as a quick summary of the total content it reads as "motherwell are fucking shite and nae chance of winning anything other than relegation" and then onto here and it's a proddy love in "You are the people and I hope Rangers win everything and beat everyone". Does that include yer wee team by the way?

Archived