StMirren visit Ibrox 12th August

After last week’s win we have a free hit here and at Pittodrie next week. If we lose them both - as I expect we will - it’s still been a good start to the season.

If we get anything tomorrow and/or get through at Pittodrie next week it’s been a great start.

Will go for a valiant 2-1 defeat.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think we have it in us to shitfest a 1-0, our defence isn't solid enough for that.

I expect us to be a bit open and expansive, hopefully we don't get stuck between defending and attacking and end up nullifying ourselves.

If we go to Ibrox for a straight shootout they will create chances, we have to hope they have an off day in front of goal.

Will Gerard put out his strongest 11 available?

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Will Gerard put out his strongest 11 available?

I expect a few changes but still a strong team.  Middleton needs some game-time and we may see P&B's favourite player, Andy Halliday, at left back ahead of next week's decider vs Malibor.

I expect a few changes but still a strong team.  Middleton needs some game-time and we may see P&B's favourite player, Andy Halliday, at left back ahead of next week's decider vs Malibor.
Oooft we might even score if that's the case [emoji23].

Can't see Rangers taking their eye off the ball, especially with Celtic losing.

Would love us to take something from here, and while it's possible I don't think it's likely. I also think that this isn't the game either side should use to judge their progress.

If I had to go with a side it would likely be a 4-5-1 with Smith and Flynn being wide on a central 2 mid and McGinn dropping deeper to cover the defence. It's not a formation that overly suits our side as it is, but I am more of damage limitation here. It is a "free shot" as Lex has said, but a 4+ goal hounding would not help us at all.

Samson

(P) McGinn / Baird / Kpekawa / Coulson

(S) McGinn

Flynn / Willock / Magennis / Smith

Mullen

There is a shit ton wrong with that, but it's an answer to a question rather than a statement of intent.

10 hours ago, Lex said:

After last week’s win we have a free hit here and at Pittodrie next week. If we lose them both - as I expect we will - it’s still been a good start to the season.

If we get anything tomorrow and/or get through at Pittodrie next week it’s been a great start.

Aberdeen looked dreadful against Rangers. I wouldn’t write your chances of just yet

4 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Sure, if "free hit" has a different meaning in Dumfries, perhaps it is.

Is that the best defence of the outlook you can muster?

Of course Rangers are strong favourites.  But if the diddy sides approach these games deciding in advance that losing doesn't matter, it doesn't aid their chances.

Hopefully Stubbs and his players have more about them than that.

Archived