StMirren visit Ibrox 12th August

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd say the jury is out on whether Harvie Street could be considered Kinning Park either. It's a bit of a pointless argument to be fair, although I don't mind you bringing it up (and I'm not the only person who initially thought it was the closer one) but we're still talking less than a mile.
It's more the "Our City" that I raised an eyebrow at. It smacks of siege mentality and trying to create a false dichotomy where if you don't like Rangers you are also against the "city".
It would be quite funny if someone was to mention this to the police as they need to inform all the relevant authorities 6 days before any organised gathering. It's probably true though, that amongst those swaddled in Union Flags and shouting vile religious obscenities will be those who are off duty police officers.

Any proof of this last part?

Not going to happen. Even with Craig Thompson as referee your lot lost a cup final against a 9 men (and a pigeon) Rangers team
One of the last times you have seen Rangers win a major trophy.

Quite sad really when you look at the amount of diddy clubs that have won the Scottish Cup and League Cup since then [emoji41].

20 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

Not going to happen. Even with Craig Thompson as referee your lot lost a cup final against a 9 men (and a pigeon) Rangers team

21 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

Thompson is a strange one many say he is a Saints fan  Paisley boy and seen at our games I dont buy it the number of players he has sent off from Saints is concerning  you do make a valid point 9 man Saints a burden not forgotten . Shame this thread is not about football rather then utter nonsense. I'm the only one who thinks Saints can get something here. Only because the number of games Rangers have to play and see the fitness Stubbs has us at. We finished the Dundee game much the stronger team we are weak in some areas strong in others. St Mirren will score you wont see us playing deep. It all depends in what Rangers bring you have better players but will that midweek game affect you come Sunday ? I hope so.  

5 hours ago, BobWilliamson said:

Ah! the good olde days NoB eh? Those memories are turning into decades now NoB. :lol:

As a native to the South West of Glasgow and have lived there most of my life I can assure everyone it will be the Harvie St Louden Tavern. I have always ever known the sequence of districts around Govan area as Ibrox, Cessnock and then Kinning Park travelling to Glasgow City centre up the Paisley Road West.

I would love for the daft fuckers to try to march to Paisley to play St Mirren. :lol:

11 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

Thompson is a strange one many say he is a Saints fan  Paisley boy and seen at our games I dont buy it the number of players he has sent off from Saints is concerning  you do make a valid point 9 man Saints a burden not forgotten . Shame this thread is not about football rather then utter nonsense. I'm the only one who thinks Saints can get something here. Only because the number of games Rangers have to play and see the fitness Stubbs has us at. We finished the Dundee game much the stronger team we are weak in some areas strong in others. St Mirren will score you wont see us playing deep. It all depends in what Rangers bring you have better players but will that midweek game affect you come Sunday ? I hope so.  

It’s going to be a very tough game on Thursday as Maribor are a step up from anybody we have faced so far but we have a bit more strength in depth now.

I am sure Rangers will be right up for this game and will , rightly or wrongly, feel aggrieved following last Sunday’s perceived injustices.

Barisic will hopefully be making his debut and possibly see Sadiq make his domestic debut.

I can’t see St Mirren getting anything out of this one but at the end of the day St Mirren won’t be judged on these games. IMO that was a great start to get the three points against Dundee. 

Going to the game with a St Mirren supporting mate. At times He’s almost as bad as that Hellboy QC nutcase. If St Mirren get anything he ll be insufferable Sunday evening/ night 

More likely to get a dodgy penalty against us, going into this after a tough euro game may give you guys an edge.

We'll need to get in your penalty box to actually get a penalty....or will that not matter with our ex player as the ref [emoji8].

Can't see beyond a comfortable Rangers win. They might take their eye off it given the bigger European game but should still have enough to see us off.

16 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

A mate of mine went to school with him, season ticket holder and home and away supporter back then (my mate's also a bud btw).

On 07/08/2018 at 15:53, Buddist Monk said:

Wait until they find out St Mungo was a tim! Now sticking with the Big Mun' (as it were) he accordingly had 4 miracles; you should check them out, they... are... hilarious! Anyway, if he could some how stop the Ibrox lot from whining like spoilt children that indeed would be a fucking miracle!

The T Word is usually used to describe Celtic fans.  He wasn't, clearly.  I've heard that it may be used sometimes to describe RCs.  He wasn't one either as he pre-dated Roman Catholicism in Scotland.  I'm not sure, either, why you're bringing religion in to a Rangers vs St Mirren thread.

As for the game itself....I'm looking forward to our new left back.  Barisic was outstanding in the two games against us and will be an asset.  Home win and a clean sheet, I'd say.

Not going to be anywhere near this despite it being the closest away game to me.

This... this is why...

the-big-house-must-stay-open.jpg&key=16f833f4544d4f35202cdfb58571cb3f7aff2122f240f3c8b8acece646185ee8

Combined with an attitude where Rangers continue to consider themselves better than everyone else, demand special treatment, complain constantly that *switches to Trump voice* "there is a witch hunt the like had never been seen before".

What happens when a support claims for years you hate them? Surprise surprise you end up hating them.

But your forgetting the free pies and bovrils than fall from the sky( broomloan) not to mention we get to be dirty fn bs for the day. You're missing out

18 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

The T Word is usually used to describe Celtic fans.  He wasn't, clearly.  I've heard that it may be used sometimes to describe RCs.  He wasn't one either as he pre-dated Roman Catholicism in Scotland.  I'm not sure, either, why you're bringing religion in to a Rangers vs St Mirren thread.

As for the game itself....I'm looking forward to our new left back.  Barisic was outstanding in the two games against us and will be an asset.  Home win and a clean sheet, I'd say.

Roman Catholicism claims Peter the Apostle as the first pope so Mungo would have been an RC, I'm afraid. the argument being that the church's history pre-dates the Reformation. Or are you saying that the new entity can't claim the history of the old entity? Is that really an argument that a Rangers fan would want to air?

20 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Will you get a clean sheet ? I have my doubts before today , now im more confident with a 6'3  Dane added to our front line. 

Archived