StMirren visit Ibrox 12th August

Let's see if our home forms improved from last season and if we can start firing in some goals, obviously we all hope that the referee isn't the main talking point.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Won’t be anywhere near this one. Haven’t set foot in that cesspit since the 1980s. Will no doubt be the usual script... a bright start from St Mirren, but we make, and miss, a couple of good chances. That was our moment, we fluff our lines, then Sevco come right into it, the crowd roars, and the deadlock is broken by a deflected shot that was going wide hitting Hayden Coulson’s arse and sending Craig Samson the wrong way. Sevco add a second, and a very late third.

Stubbs’ post-match interview is pretty much ‘when you make chances against the ‘Old Firm’ teams, you need to take them. We are disappointed, but our season won’t be determined by games against the ‘Old Firm’.... I’m hopeful of one or two new signings arriving next week / month / year / century ...’

Stevie G’s interview is pretty much ‘It could have been five or six had the referee not been part of an Ancient Order of Hibernians conspiracy to shaft the peepul...

Then we all move on.

3 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Won’t be anywhere near this one. Haven’t set foot in that cesspit since the 1980s. Will no doubt be the usual script... a bright start from St Mirren, but we make, and miss, a couple of good chances. That was our moment, we fluff our lines, then Sevco come right into it, the crowd roars, and the deadlock is broken by a deflected shot that was going wide hitting Hayden Coulson’s arse and sending Craig Samson the wrong way. Sevco add a second, and a very late third.

Stubbs’ post-match interview is pretty much ‘when you make chances against the ‘Old Firm’ teams, you need to take them. We are disappointed, but our season won’t be determined by games against the ‘Old Firm’.... I’m hopeful of one or two new signings arriving next week / month / year / century ...’

Stevie G’s interview is pretty much ‘It could have been five or six had the referee not been part of an Ancient Order of Hibernians conspiracy to shaft the peepul...

Then we all move on.

Is there any need to play the match now? 

Not going to be anywhere near this despite it being the closest away game to me.

This... this is why...

the-big-house-must-stay-open.jpg&key=16f

Combined with an attitude where Rangers continue to consider themselves better than everyone else, demand special treatment, complain constantly that *switches to Trump voice* "there is a witch hunt the like had never been seen before".

What happens when a support claims for years you hate them? Surprise surprise you end up hating them.

Let's see if our home forms improved from last season and if we can start firing in some goals, obviously we all hope that the referee isn't the main talking point.

It's easy to say that when you know fine there is a much bigger chance of Rangers getting a dodgy penalty than us [emoji23].

Again I don't know what to expect from us. We cant be as open and attacking as we were against Dundee.

If we are as open as we were against Dundee it could be a nightmare. 

A magical scenario would have us picking up something and Gerrard having a full scale meltdown about refs/SFA etc  If carlsberg did SPFL games.  Reality i expect a routine home win

Going against the grain here on a couple of things. 1/ Never will I stop supporting my team anywhere can never quite understand our fans not going to old firm grounds to me it smacks of bitterness the very thing they like you to think they are not. Tynecastle is the only place where I have experienced hassle.  Game , Stubbs is building a good team that can knock the ball around quite well ,we also have players that like to have a go and will cause the opposition problems. With two new players in this week it hopefully brings strength in our attack. Rangers playing on Thursday with only 2 days before this game could be tough going for them so can see us taking something from this game. There you go my glass is half full. 

7 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

It's easy to say that when you know fine there is a much bigger chance of Rangers getting a dodgy penalty than us emoji23.png.

Again I don't know what to expect from us. We cant be as open and attacking as we were against Dundee.

More likely to get a dodgy penalty against us, going into this after a tough euro game may give you guys an edge.

2 hours ago, stu80 said:

Can’t believe I’m taking my 6 year old to this dump, I vowed never to go back, but he needs to tick it off the list of grounds.

Be careful mate, the season is one day old and they have managed to stab two Croatian fans, have a riot in the street with Wigan fans, racially abuse kids in Macedonian on video and bottled an Aberdeen kid.

1 hour ago, Bohemian said:

Be careful mate, the season is one day old and they have managed to stab two Croatian fans, have a riot in the street with Wigan fans, racially abuse kids in Macedonian on video and bottled an Aberdeen kid.

And moan that the world is against them, for some reason nobody can figure out.

On 5 August 2018 at 19:57, bennett said:

obviously we all hope that the referee isn't the main talking point.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

More likely to get a dodgy penalty against us

:lol: If you say it enough times it might just come true. I would love nothing more than a controversial referee decision in favour of Saints playing a huge part in the result. The paranoia is astounding when you know its not the case.  Hopefully this will be the first Rangers game that passes without incident off the park this season, in the surrounding areas or in the stands. 

Stay safe Buddies, the Orcs are organising march to the stadium. At least the mutants give their intended route so that law abiding citizens of Paisley can avoid getting stabbed on the way to the game.

BD41CEC9-3658-4E42-8696-CBB60A7029CC.thu

11 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

Stay safe Buddies, the Orcs are organising march to the stadium. At least the mutants give their intended route so that law abiding citizens of Paisley can avoid getting stabbed on the way to the game.

BD41CEC9-3658-4E42-8696-CBB60A7029CC.thu

What they marching for?  A strongly worded statement accusing the papests within "the powers that be" of allowing aberdeen to score an injury time equaliser?  Another Charlie Green Christmas message or they wanting to know where the deeds are?

6 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

Never will I stop supporting my team anywhere can never quite understand our fans not going to old firm grounds to me it smacks of bitterness the very thing they like you to think they are not.

Nah, I avoid Celtic Park and Ibrox and we regularly get results there. As soon as you're winning the hordes around you decide to direct their ire your way and you're greeted with everything from coins, full cups of bovril, cans and spit. 

The stewards just stand idly by and give you an answer of "it's not my area so I can't do nuffin" when anyone asks them why they aren't stopping it. 

Archived