Which Scottish Premiership Manager Will Leave First?

Which Scottish Premiership Manager Will Leave First?  

130 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Will Hamilton finally bullet Canning? Will Dundee go on a terrible run and punt McCann? Will the bookies favourite, Stubbs, crumble and leave? Will the likes of Lennon or Rodgers be poached? Who goes first - Sacking or otherwise - who will it be?

8 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

McCann the favourite for this again.

Canning will never get sacked. Livi and St Mirren have invested too much into their new managers to out them.

It is the year of the Jocky tbf. Ominous.

Rodgers, Clarke, Gerrard, Stubbs, Levein, Miller and Canning are all unlikely to be sacked before January, or the be poached by a team they want to leave for. 

McInnes and Lennon more likely to be poached, but not stick ons. 

Robinson and Wright probably have enough leeway with their clubs to avoid a sacking no matter how poor their start is, although Robinson maybe has less leeway with fans. Wright only has this season left of his contract, and a slightly fractious relationship with Brown. 

McCann the obvious one there, tbh, especially since the owners clearly have plans for the club and have spent money this summer backing him. 

I'd say McCann is the favourite, followed by Robinson and then Wright. 

Can see most clubs sticking by their managers though, tbh. 

Won’t be Stubbs. We gave him a three year deal, and he comes in with Brian Rice and Darren Jackson in tow. We need this appointment to work out, and not to be bagging another under-contact manager. Pretty sure at one point we had seven ex-managers all still being paid / paid off. :P

Won’t be Stubbs. We gave him a three year deal, and he comes in with Brian Rice and Darren Jackson in tow. We need this appointment to work out, and not to be bagging another under-contact manager. Pretty sure at one point we had seven ex-managers all still being paid / paid off. [emoji14]

Seven! Really?
What a drain.

2 minutes ago, andrewh said:

Seven! Really?
What a drain.

Nah, not really. Well, maybe Gus MacPherson, Danny Lennon, Tommy Craig, Gary Teale, Ian Murray and Alex Rae WERE all still being paid off at the same time. That’s six...It’s St Mirren after all. :lol:

I never got the impression that McCann was under any pressure from Dundee supporters last year (might be wrong on that of course) - but he came across like a manager that was a week away from the sack at times. He was always blaming individuals, harping on about referees and criticising opposition players. For that reason alone, I chose him (even though I think Dundee will be totally fine this season)

I chose McCann as he is a greetin faced wee bawbag who winges more that Arsene Wenger.  Dead man walking to me.

Robinson leaving Motherwell?  Behave.  One bad result on the opening day means nothing.  He has built his team and once Kipre is replaced, will press on for a top six place.

34 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Won’t be Stubbs. We gave him a three year deal, and he comes in with Brian Rice and Darren Jackson in tow. We need this appointment to work out, and not to be bagging another under-contact manager. Pretty sure at one point we had seven ex-managers all still being paid / paid off. :P

Stubbs is hated by the players, have that on good authority.

12 minutes ago, Swello said:

I never got the impression that McCann was under any pressure from Dundee supporters last year (might be wrong on that of course) - but he came across like a manager that was a week away from the sack at times. He was always blaming individuals, harping on about referees and criticising opposition players. For that reason alone, I chose him (even though I think Dundee will be totally fine this season)

I wouldn't be surprised if McCann left of his own accord.  He seems to find it all incredibly frustrating hence those responses you mention.  When I heard Dundee had missed a penalty at 1-1 before losing 2-1 yesterday I thought to myself could this be the day?

26 minutes ago, Swello said:

22 minutes ago, Addie said:

I chose McCann as he is a greetin faced wee bawbag who winges more that Arsene Wenger.  Dead man walking to me.

Robinson leaving Motherwell?  Behave.  One bad result on the opening day means nothing.  He has built his team and once Kipre is replaced, will press on for a top six place.

Yeah - He takes no shit, which has probably strengthened his rapport with a large section of the fans. Creating a 'them vs us' mentality always makes managers look like a buffoon to the outside but loved at the club he's at. It does get tiring at times though. He's also an icon at the club which helps further. He's certainly getting a much, much easier ride than Hartley before him did, but when it clicks we look utterly awesome - which isn't often - but it puts even more credit in the bank. He's also made us more money in his one full season than any manager has done in my lifetime. 

So there's lots of positives - However, I was surprised to see a fair few turn on him on Saturday after the FT whistle all things considered - Dundee fans aren't generally a patient bunch and with the run-in we have over the next few games, pressure could increase tenfold. That said, he's still the subject of the first Dundee song each match, 'He's blue, he's white...', so it's hard to gauge.

I think as a support, there's never been as much willpower for him to do well (In comparison to previous managers) as he has so, so much going for him and as I said, he's able to create a, 'world is against us' mentality which is always loved even if it's ripped to shreds on online forums.

As for Robinson, I'm shocked he's got a lot of nominations thus far. He had an outstanding season last year. Surely it's not expected that Motherwell could be in a relegation battle? As that's the only way he'll be punted.

Archived