Which Scottish Championship Manager Will Leave First?

Which Championship Manager Will Leave First?  

202 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sacked or poached - You decide!

United fans absolutely detest Csaba and Partick Thistle fans are finally getting to the end of their tether with Archibald (Who incidentally, I think would be a great shout for United!). Will a club in the league above buckle and punt one of their managers and swoop for a talented manager in this division? Or even down South?

With the likes of Hopkin and McIntyre available on a free, it surely won't be too long till a team 'twists' and that's before mentioning perennial contenders like Duffy and Yogi are also available.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

United fans absolutely detest Csaba and Partick Thistle fans are finally getting to the end of their tether with Archibald (Who incidentally, I think would be a great shout for United!). Will a club in the league above buckle and punt one of their managers and swoop for a talented manager in this division? Or even down South?

With the likes of Hopkirk and McIntyre available on a free, it surely won't be too long till a team 'twists' and that's before mentioning perennial contenders like Duffy and Yogi are also available.

Why the f**k is a Dundee supporter staring a thread like this?  Fanny.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

Why the f**k is a Dundee supporter staring a thread like this?  Fanny.

Why you raging, you doddery old p***k?!

I've always started 'new manager' threads regardless of the team. I've created a similar thread in the Prem forum.

24 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

With the likes of Hopkirk and McIntyre available on a free, it surely won't be too long till a team 'twists' and that's before mentioning perennial contenders like Duffy and Yogi are also available.

Hopkin, not Hopkirk. 

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Amended! My bad.

I honestly, honestly cannot believe that United haven't emptied shabba and broken down Hopkin's door to appoint him. 

The collective breakdowns of the Dundee United and Partick supports won't actually push their managers to the door anytime soon - both teams will pick enough points for the managers to deal in platitudes about 'still being in the hunt' well into the season. Hartley on the other hand has form for rage-quitting and a team stacked with ringers. He'll be the first to go, probably in October IMO.

1 minute ago, CaspianChris said:

Laszlo,Laszlo  and again Laszlo :thumsup2:thumsup2.  

The guy is a complete imbecile who has no clue and if he doesn't go then League 1 relegation playoff it is.

This is exactly the sort of gormless meltdown I'm talking about. There's no chance of Dundee United finishing in the bottom two; just like there is no chance of the board sacking your manager any time soon - never mind after just one game into the season. 

So I'd simmer down if I were you as you're going to face at least another three months of mediocrity before anything happens. 

16 minutes ago, virginton said:

This is exactly the sort of gormless meltdown I'm talking about. There's no chance of Dundee United finishing in the bottom two; just like there is no chance of the board sacking your manager any time soon - never mind after just one game into the season. 

So I'd simmer down if I were you as you're going to face at least another three months of mediocrity before anything happens. 

OK relegation slightly exaggerated,  but Laszlo is not just being judged on this season but on a number of shambolic displays under him last season as well. 

A few come to mind :

Brechin 1-1 United

St Mirren 2-0 United

Falkirk 6-1 United

United 0-3 Morton 

United 2-3 QoS

The shambles against Arbroath and Alloa at home in the group games, it is no wonder people want him gone.

He should have went after the play off against Livingston, as he did not I thoughthink of would give him a chance to prove himself capable of turning things around.

Unfortunately I have not seen anything to prove this is the case and do not think it is unreasonable to be unhappy with things so far.

Csaba or Ross county management team if they fail to be in the running, Hartley will have a free ride till November at the earliest as well as Archibald at Thistle, both of us not known for emptying managers, could possibly add Naysmith in the same boat as Falkirk and Thistle(Patrick)

Csaba clear favourite tho

I reckon Hartley is a good shout tbh. Falkirk's board were adding to the pressure pre-season with comments like, 'The manager has the best budget since we've been in the Championship/First Division'. He's went with a high risk, high reward strategy, but based on reports so far, it doesn't look exactly promising.

Archived