Queens v Dundee United

3 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

I’ve heard it all before and I’m not buying any of it. Can’t all you Arabs at least pretend you are better than you are, it will be good for all of us.

I much prefer the games where we are told we are going to get gubbed by fans of teams with ideas above their station (Falkirk fans and fans of “The Famous” I’m looking at you). Those are the games we tend to get something from.

If a wounded animal ever requires a confidence boosting win to get their season back on track, Palmerston is the place to do it (St Mirren fans I’m looking at you).

7 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

This.  ^^^^  I wish United fans would at least pretend to have a chance of winning this game comfortably,  something along the lines of "yes we are shit with the worst team ever to wear the jerseys,   but if we can win any game it should be this one." That at least makes us sound like the underdog,  a position we are used to and often work to our advantage.  Our home form was indifferent for most of last season,  hopefully we can make home advantage count this term. We are still guilty of conceding soft goals,  if we can cut out mistakes and tighten up at set pieces  we have the players good enough to score at the other end.  

Banker home win, fucking deal with it.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its not so much the poor quality of the Arabs, its more there style of play. I watched the highlights of the game against the Pars. They fly into tackles, taking more of the man than the ball. We are already thin on numbers it could well be a disaster if they injure Harkins or Dobbie or anyone else for that matter. We have a decent 11 but thats all. United might be shite from what your used too but this is still a close game. 3-2 home win.

3 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

I’ve heard it all before and I’m not buying any of it. Can’t all you Arabs at least pretend you are better than you are, it will be good for all of us.

I much prefer the games where we are told we are going to get gubbed by fans of teams with ideas above their station (Falkirk fans and fans of “The Famous” I’m looking at you). Those are the games we tend to get something from.

If a wounded animal ever requires a confidence boosting win to get their season back on track, Palmerston is the place to do it (St Mirren fans I’m looking at you).

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

This.  ^^^^  I wish United fans would at least pretend to have a chance of winning this game comfortably,  something along the lines of "yes we are shit with the worst team ever to wear the jerseys,   but if we can win any game it should be this one." That at least makes us sound like the underdog,  a position we are used to and often work to our advantage.  Our home form was indifferent for most of last season,  hopefully we can make home advantage count this term. We are still guilty of conceding soft goals,  if we can cut out mistakes and tighten up at set pieces  we have the players good enough to score at the other end.  

There’s a thing called the internet, even in deepest darkest Dumfries.

On this internet you can view our games since the start of this season.  You can also access interviews with our ‘manager’ (but you may need counselling after the event).

Following this viewing please feel free to retract your comments whilst pishing yourselves laughing at the state our once proud club has gotten itself into.

We have become the footballing equivalent of the punchy boxer whose mantra, instead of  being “I could have been a contender” is “We  beat Barcelona you know”.

Guest Flash
4 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

Remember that time Rangers beat Dundee U 7-1 and McCall was going to be sacked after losing the next game at Palmerston in the Scottish Cup?

20 minutes ago, Flash said:

Remember that time Rangers beat Dundee U 7-1 and McCall was going to be sacked after losing the next game at Palmerston in the Scottish Cup?

Or the time we played Dundee Utd after they hadn't won in 4 games including losing 6-1 to Falkirk, with a win potentially  being huge to  our chances of competing for the playoff spot.

Or the time we played Falkirk  in december last year who at that point hadn't won a home game and their new manager had not won a game since October

Or that time we played Rangers after they lost 5-1 to Celtic and had just banned Joey Barton. 

If we win this game, QOTS should be liquidated and written out of history immediately.

Honestly. 

I seriously hope you all enjoy a 5-0 win over us because this fucking dobber of a manager needs emptied. We were dog shite last season but we are rotten bowfing dog shite this season by the looks of it.

If it does mean the end of Csabadabadoo i will always have a soft spot for you lot. If not, f**k you you useless c***s.

1 hour ago, Flash said:

I've been thinking about that game a lot this week.  I watched the Rangers trouncing on the TV and convinced myself we were going to win.  I certainly learned a lesson that afternoon.  I honestly don't think I've been confident ahead of a game ever since.

Whilst everyone in Dumfries, and throughout the country, are well aware how hilariously bad Dundee United are (this thread sums it up nicely for those who've been in a coma for the last 3 years (https://twitter.com/Fyviesque/status/1026178274039353345?s=08) what our Dundonian friends are forgetting is our capacity to also be hilariously bad.  Especially at home, and particularly at home to full-time sides.

5 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

I've been thinking about that game a lot this week.  I watched the Rangers trouncing on the TV and convinced myself we were going to win.  I certainly learned a lesson that afternoon.  I honestly don't think I've been confident ahead of a game ever since.

Whilst everyone in Dumfries, and throughout the country, are well aware how hilariously bad Dundee United are (this thread sums it up nicely for those who've been in a coma for the last 3 years (https://twitter.com/Fyviesque/status/1026178274039353345?s=08) what our Dundonian friends are forgetting is our capacity to also be hilariously bad.  Especially at home, and particularly at home to full-time sides.

Remember when you pumped us 3-0 at Palmerston last season?

That starting 11 we put out that day look like a team of Galacticos compared to the useless c***s we have now.

Not one of them is fit to lace Dobbie’s boots.

45 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Remember when you pumped us 3-0 at Palmerston last season?

That starting 11 we put out that day look like a team of Galacticos compared to the useless c***s we have now.

Not one of them is fit to lace Dobbie’s boots.

Sadly I was on holiday and missed that one.

I did see the 3-1 defeat in which we made that Bambi on ice p***k Mikkelsen look like Zlatan Ibrahimovic though.

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

There’s a thing called the internet, even in deepest darkest Dumfries.

On this internet you can view our games since the start of this season.  You can also access interviews with our ‘manager’ (but you may need counselling after the event).

Following this viewing please feel free to retract your comments whilst pishing yourselves laughing at the state our once proud club has gotten itself into.

We have become the footballing equivalent of the punchy boxer whose mantra, instead of  being “I could have been a contender” is “We  beat Barcelona you know”.

Oh don't worry,  we're all laughing at you anyway without having to watch your games,  I just hope we're laughing after Saturday. As long as you're not as bad as Brechin were last season you are in with a chance, we love to help teams kick-start their season. Wee Willo Flood crocked Dobbie last season,  now he's away who's nominated for the job this time?  Is there any chance your players want the Manager out too because we would accept own goals and/or  penalties to help us win. 

20 hours ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Its not so much the poor quality of the Arabs, its more there style of play. I watched the highlights of the game against the Pars. They fly into tackles, taking more of the man than the ball. We are already thin on numbers it could well be a disaster if they injure Harkins or Dobbie or anyone else for that matter. We have a decent 11 but thats all. United might be shite from what your used too but this is still a close game. 3-2 home win.

If only that bit were true. There were two bad tackles on Saturday, both of which resulted in yellows for the offenders. That aside we barely put a tackle in the whole game.

Archived