Queens v Dundee United

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im travelling down tomorrow, another ground ticked off the list after Borough Briggs a couple of weeks ago. Not looking forward to the match itself though (pre-match thoughts here - https://perennialunderachievers.blog/2018/08/09/queen-of-the-south-vs-dundee-united-match-preview/).

As always an important question, what is the food like at the ground?

27 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Im travelling down tomorrow, another ground ticked off the list after Borough Briggs a couple of weeks ago. Not looking forward to the match itself though (pre-match thoughts here - https://perennialunderachievers.blog/2018/08/09/queen-of-the-south-vs-dundee-united-match-preview/).

The pies are reasonable, but we lose marks for not having a steak pie option.  The chips and curry sauce are a delight.

46 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

The seagulls seem to like it anyway going by the numbers of the b*****ds that are there.  There's a cafe in the Queens Arena (opposite side of ground from away fans seating),  open from early morning,  which gets good reports. 

9 minutes ago, P475 said:

Hopefully the Queens players will have plenty protection on for this one, Utd will kick the shit out of the players they know they can't handle. 

https://dafc.co.uk/fixture.php?SID=First Team&D=2018-08-04&ID=1113

We hoped that Flood leaving would put an end to that but won't prejudge anyway.  All you can ask is that the Ref does his job.  There's a strong possibility  that Harkins may get a bit of attention from the Arab support given his Dundee connection. 

1 hour ago, dregs 83 said:

Live streams are only available to folk outside the UK

Should be ok as his location is shown as Dubai which I assume is the one outside the UK.

2 hours ago, P475 said:

Hopefully the Queens players will have plenty protection on for this one, Utd will kick the shit out of the players they know they can't handle. 

https://dafc.co.uk/fixture.php?SID=First Team&D=2018-08-04&ID=1113

So what's changed? Flood deliberately took Dobbie out last season and cost him a month.

8 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

The pies are reasonable, but we lose marks for not having a steak pie option.  The chips and curry sauce are a delight.

Thanks, I had chips at Elgin and very much enjoyed the experience given we don't have the option at Tannadice!

I think we need to be looking to take 3 points here. If Utd haven't got their shit together yet we need to take advantage. I think a good start to the season is absolutely crucial for us as we will begin to struggle once the suspensions and injuries kick in.

38 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I think we need to be looking to take 3 points here. If Utd haven't got their shit together yet we need to take advantage. I think a good start to the season is absolutely crucial for us as we will begin to struggle once the suspensions and injuries kick in.

Its actually really difficult to get suspended this year other than for a sending off. Even Ky will struggle to get himself suspended. The rules have been changed a bit. The 6th booking is only a suspension now if you get 6 in the first 18 games. If you avoid getting 6 in the first 18 then you have to get 12 bookings to get a suspension.

If the same rules operated last year our only single game suspension all season would have been Jacobs after his red card v Livingston. Although granted, despite the presence of Rooney, we had the best disciplinary record in the division last season.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

This will not be the only time the words ‘shit’ and ‘United’ will be used in the same sentence this season.

39 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Its actually really difficult to get suspended this year other than for a sending off. Even Ky will struggle to get himself suspended. The rules have been changed a bit. The 6th booking is only a suspension now if you get 6 in the first 18 games. If you avoid getting 6 in the first 18 then you have to get 12 bookings to get a suspension.

If the same rules operated last year our only single game suspension all season would have been Jacobs after his red card v Livingston. Although granted, despite the presence of Rooney, we had the best disciplinary record in the division last season.

Hopefully the rules on injuries will have changed as well.

On Tuesday, August 07, 2018 at 19:03, MacArab said:

Remember when you pumped us 3-0 at Palmerston last season?

That starting 11 t out that day look like a team of Galacticos compared to the useless c***s we have now.

Not one of them is fit to lace Dobbie’s boots.

Now this bit I believe. :thumsup2

Anyway, 3-1 Queens would be nice, and to see Nicolas trudge off with a face tripping him the same as when he came calling with Sevco :lol:

12 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

The seagulls seem to like it anyway going by the numbers of the b*****ds that are there.  There's a cafe in the Queens Arena (opposite side of ground from away fans seating),  open from early morning,  which gets good reports. 

We hoped that Flood leaving would put an end to that but won't prejudge anyway.  All you can ask is that the Ref does his job.  There's a strong possibility  that Harkins may get a bit of attention from the Arab support given his Dundee connection. 

GGH hates the DABs, expect him to run amok against their midfield tomorrow 

Archived