Queens v Dundee United

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Going to be a difficult 1st home game.

Dundee Untied are  a huge club who will definitely finish in the top 4  but hopefully we have got them at the right time .

F51BEC93-5CE3-4EB3-B4A6-5822E4B5EF53.jpeg.48d7432c8ec0b76e3808c2587d9c2bfd.jpeg

1 hour ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Oh the Queenies we do, oh Queenies we love you...

Hopefully Dobbie turns up.

Yeah. Hope so.

Has the double benefit of helping Czambles out the door and progressing the interests of my Fantasy Football Team.

United being a perma-shambles puts a bit more pressure on us for this one which I don't like one bit.  You can talk about the stature of the two clubs and the resources available to both until the cows come home, but in reality if we are to have a successful season this is a really good time to be playing Dundee United and we really should be looking to beat them.  Sadly we tend to crumble when there is the slightest bit of expectation placed on us.

Generally we've done alright against The Terrors since their relegation, and I wouldn't be surprised to see another high scoring game.  I'm going to go for a 2-2 draw with United's goals coming from a set piece and an inevitable Nicky Clark goal.  Dobbie and Todd with our goals.

10 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

United being a perma-shambles puts a bit more pressure on us for this one which I don't like one bit.  You can talk about the stature of the two clubs and the resources available to both until the cows come home, but in reality if we are to have a successful season this is a really good time to be playing Dundee United and we really should be looking to beat them.  Sadly we tend to crumble when there is the slightest bit of expectation placed on us.

Generally we've done alright against The Terrors since their relegation, and I wouldn't be surprised to see another high scoring game.  I'm going to go for a 2-2 draw with United's goals coming from a set piece and an inevitable Nicky Clark goal.  Dobbie and Todd with our goals.

I’m bite your hand off for 2-2

Not literally!

16 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

We're utter shite, we want the manager binned, we're away from home, and they have the best striker/player in the league.

4-0 Queens should be the result, but we'll probably win 1-0 and have to suffer Csambles for even longer.

You should be winning with the squad you have.

You have a lot of new signing it will take time for them to play as a team

We really need to add a few loan signing our bench is full of young boys who have little 1st team experience .

We are utter tramp, if you can't beat us then god help you.
Eleven nil Queens.

I’ve heard it all before and I’m not buying any of it. Can’t all you Arabs at least pretend you are better than you are, it will be good for all of us.

I much prefer the games where we are told we are going to get gubbed by fans of teams with ideas above their station (Falkirk fans and fans of “The Famous” I’m looking at you). Those are the games we tend to get something from.

If a wounded animal ever requires a confidence boosting win to get their season back on track, Palmerston is the place to do it (St Mirren fans I’m looking at you).

27 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

I’ve heard it all before and I’m not buying any of it. Can’t all you Arabs at least pretend you are better than you are, it will be good for all of us.

I much prefer the games where we are told we are going to get gubbed by fans of teams with ideas above their station (Falkirk fans and fans of “The Famous” I’m looking at you). Those are the games we tend to get something from.

If a wounded animal ever requires a confidence boosting win to get their season back on track, Palmerston is the place to do it (St Mirren fans I’m looking at you).

We've had three seasons of these disbelieving posts too. We're honestly utter trash, the worst United team in living memory.

We really need to add a few loan signing our bench is full of young boys who have little 1st team experience .

Here comes Captain Obvious again

On 06/08/2018 at 10:30, Northfield 53 said:

We will win f**k all with the manager we have, regardless of budget or who is in the squad. 

Full fucking stop.

2 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

This.  ^^^^  I wish United fans would at least pretend to have a chance of winning this game comfortably,  something along the lines of "yes we are shit with the worst team ever to wear the jerseys,   but if we can win any game it should be this one." That at least makes us sound like the underdog,  a position we are used to and often work to our advantage.  Our home form was indifferent for most of last season,  hopefully we can make home advantage count this term. We are still guilty of conceding soft goals,  if we can cut out mistakes and tighten up at set pieces  we have the players good enough to score at the other end.  

Archived