ICT v AUFC

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched the highlights. Think Harvie is unlucky to be sent off, don’t think both fouls are yellows. Still had some very good chances. Shankland bullies the no.17? I think it was on several ocassions. Moffat and Crawfords workrate was brilliant. 

Not really sure how anyone can complain about either booking. Both looked pretty clear to me, and I’d have been shouting for a penalty and booking if that was switched.

I would probably agree. However as below we obviously don’t see the context of it at the game itself. The highlights don’t really show you what happened at the penalty though.

Given what he’d already let go the first one was never a booking. Penalty’s one of those that will sometimes be given, sometimes not. The boy didn’t half make a meal of it though.

Joe Chalmers frustrates the fuck out of me. 

His default move is to look to try and pass the ball left to either Tremarco or Walsh.  At one point yesterday he went to do this and there was no one there to pass to, so he shat himself, ran forward about 5 yards, and passed the hall straight to Adams. 

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Joe Chalmers frustrates the f**k out of me. 

His default move is to look to try and pass the ball left to either Tremarco or Walsh.  At one point yesterday he went to do this and there was no one there to pass to, so he shat himself, ran forward about 5 yards, and passed the hall straight to Adams. 

Think that he will be benched when Welsh hits the required fitness level. Perhaps Joe should therefore send his underpants to Snafu.

Not really sure how anyone can complain about either booking. Both looked pretty clear to me, and I’d have been shouting for a penalty and booking if that was switched.
Watching the highlights I would agree with this. The first booking is for a nasty wee challenge, and yet completely needless. The penalty looked stonewall (but I agree you sometimes get away with them). And presumably it's an automatic booking when you pull someone back, it certainly is in the middle of the park.

We seemed to create chances though, which is very promising. All too often Ayr teams in the past struggle to get up the park in any meaningful way in these types of fixtures. We are a genuine goal threat now.

Purely from watching the highlights again and again (and - I know -  referees don't have that luxury, not at this level anyway), I thought Harvie was very unlucky to be booked on both occasions. The penalty was soft and the ICT player was definitely looking for it  (so credit to him for winning it and a black mark to Dallas for being duped) - if that had happened up the other end, would the ICT fans on here been happy? Don't think so.  I also think getting the double whammy of a penalty and a sending off made it an overly severe outcome so some sanity was restored once the penalty was missed.  Thought Doohan looked solid again and I reckon our nine or so outfield players and subs have earned a long rest before the QP game in the week - they all worked really hard to get that point. In years gone by, we'd have sunk without trace so credit to every one of those players. Onwards! 

Andrew Dallas is a professional game-ruiner but I can't find fault with either of those bookings.

A point away after a journey more akin to the Russian Premier League and playing with ten men for over an hour is a very good achievement.

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Andrew Dallas is a professional game-ruiner but I can't find fault with either of those bookings.

A point away after a journey more akin to the Russian Premier League and playing with ten men for over an hour is a very good achievement.

It's 3 hours away, hardly going from Moscow to Vladivostok :lol:

Excellent day out, cracking meal in the Clachnaharry, a great battling away performance,  more fine ales in the Pheonix, almost missed the train getting beers from Morrison's as we didn't realise M&S would be shut at half six, oh and that quiet sedate train journey home :lol: Inverness you were fabulous, hotel already booked for two nights in January.

It might be a pishy wee competition but it's great we only have another two days till seeing the SuperAyr again.

Clear penalty which could have been sending off in its own right, terrible to miss the target with the penalty. Both teams had chances and despite being down to 10 men Ayr played well and could have nicked a win

6 hours ago, Thumper said:

a journey more akin to the Russian Premier League 

That's quite the most extraordinary thing I can recall reading on a forum for some time.

I write this as someone who is aquainted with cto.

32 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I see the club have banned some of the VLs who were abusing Liam Polworth on Saturday.

Should have just organised a friendly against Elgin and let them get their heads caved in again.

ETA: "Aaaaaaaaahhhh!"

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/watch-elgin-city-inverness-caley-9677188

Archived