ICT v AUFC

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Polworth was poor today, and missing the target on a penalty is totally unacceptable. However, abuse of his family is disgusting, and the fact Polworth gets double the abuse anybody else gets, despite being one of our best players, is really quite a joke. Didn’t he have the most assists in the whole Championship last year? If he goes to St. Mirren, I’d clap him off.

Some of the thicker fans in our support seem to go on these hate campaigns every season, where people are absolutely desperate for players to fail.  Tremarco got it, Wedderburn got it, McAllister got it and there'll be others too.  Bizarrely though, some of these wee Stone Island clad neds adored Jake Mulraney, who 95% of the time was mince.

57 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Some of the thicker fans in our support seem to go on these hate campaigns every season, where people are absolutely desperate for players to fail.  Tremarco got it, Wedderburn got it, McAllister got it and there'll be others too.  Bizarrely though, some of these wee Stone Island clad neds adored Jake Mulraney, who 95% of the time was mince.

Yep, Mulraney was terrible every time I saw him play.  A bizarre fixation with him the young lads had.

One funny thing I did see one of the young team do at half time, was just after the half time whistle went one of them was walking towards the North Stand toilets/concourse, flicked the Vs at the Ayr fans.  The Ayr fans...the entire length of the pitch away! That'll shown 'em eh! :1eye

One funny thing I did see one of the young team do at half time, was just after the half time whistle went one of them was walking towards the North Stand toilets/concourse, flicked the Vs at the Ayr fans.  The Ayr fans...the entire length of the pitch away! That'll shown 'em eh! :1eye
#braveheart

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is the 200 or so Ayr Utd fans who turned up and wouldn't shut up and sit down for the whole game. This an example of how an away support should be making a large noise slagging of the size of the home support, calling Andrew Dallas a wan##r etc, must have been a great time. Hope most of you visited our finer drinking establishments in the city center and got suitably drunk.
I'm hoping our away support can match or better that when we come down to Somerset in December.

Doubt your support will tbh

5 hours ago, ThomWy said:

Criticised polworth on CTO all the happy clappers started blaming the fans for his poor performance. 

If you simply pointed out that he had a poor game, then fair enough. If you were the guy who said that he 'deserved everything he got' - i.e. the chants about his sister - then you should probably have a fucking word with yourself.

The team as a whole deserved nothing more than we got from that game, however. We knocked it about well enough for 15 mins, but Ayr were already well back in it and starting to exploit our lack of pace in the centre and push us back when we got the potential break of the penalty and sending off, which we failed to capitalise on.  It was a dreadful penalty, but not the only criminal miss of the game: one that sticks out was Austin pulling his shot wide of the goal when one-on-one after being put through well by Oakley. We had a decent period early in the second half where it looked like it was only a matter of time before we scored, but the substitutions seemed to kill of our challenge rather than refreshing it.  We ended up with three strikers on the park, getting in each other's way, and rather than trying to exploit Jordan White's presence against a pretty small keeper by getting crossed in from wide via two wingers, e.g. Walsh and Doran, we threw the latter on for the former and almost all our attacks in the last twenty minutes ended up going through the centre and being mopped up easily.  

On the whole we were pretty sound defensively, although a bit last-ditch at times - Donaldson almost crocked himself in the first half having to dive back into a challenge to recover a ball he'd lost in the first place by being far too causal, and I remember a great sliding challenge by Brad Mckay in the second half - but I suspect that Ayr would probably have won it if they had kept 11 on the park, as the pressure on Rooney and Tremarco to provide width meant that there were huge gaps in our full back areas and between midfield and defence. It's hard to gauge the quality of the different sides properly at this stage of the season, but I thought Ayr looked decent: they had more fluency and a better shape than Falkirk demonstrated last week, and Crawford and Shankland both looked very dangerous at times. 

Overall, can't complain too much with four points from two games, but today felt like an opportunity missed due to a formation that was far too easy to defend against. Robertson needs to look at that, as there's no way that a team that plays as we have done for the last two weeks is going to get into the habit of controlling and winning matches.     

Harvie red card probably a correct one, just. Can see why he was booked for the tackle because it's from behind and studs catch back of ICT players leg, they're usually seen as bookings, probably even more so at this level.

It's a penalty aswell with him clearly having a small tug at the back of the guys shirt, gives ref the option to send him off and none of our players actually complain much about the penalty.

Overall fantastic team performance, rode our luck at times with Geggans near suicidal backpass and Austin somehow missing one on one.

We also had a couple of brilliant chances to win though and probably would have won if only Shakland has looked up to see Crawford all on his own with a tap in.

Ach that's never a penalty. If he touches the guy at all it's minimal and certainly not enough to be a foul. Bit like the one we missed at alloa at the end of last season. All worked out in the end though.

Don’t think it was the penalty that necessarily had folk wound up, it was the extraordinary inconsistency throughout the rest of the game.  Andrew Dallas clearly uses a magic 8 ball when making decisions.  Awful referee.

Archived