ICT v AUFC

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, pandarilla said:
5 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:
Well I for one am gutted. I was hoping that a large away support would be following Ayrshire's second X1. You will miss Shankland who is going to Skankland.

Ooft.

Well at least he will be living in Lochee close to you.

A place I don't like my 1st trip up to Inverness I remember Ayr were 3 up at half time in Scottish cup and got beat 4-3 sure it was season after we made the semi final against Celtic.

Remember that game. One of my favourites.

33 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Well at least he will be living in Lochee close to you.

That's a fair drive to Ayr for training.  

31 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Remember that game. One of my favourites.

Been 3 times. Lost 7-3, then the 4-3 game above where all 7 goals were at the other end of the ground, and a meek 2-0 defeat when I had a couple of pints too many and got abuse off James Grady for questioning the teams level of effort... That last time was quite a small away support and me and my mate were the only 2 Ayr fans in the social club pre game. Locals were very friendly and paid our fare for a shuttle bus thing. There were a couple of Hibs or Hearts fans (cant actually remember) in the away end with a video camera doing some sort of documentary thing speaking to us and I shudder to think how bad that must have looked haha!

7 hours ago, rb123! said:

£20 for adults and £15 for 16-25, robbing b*****ds. That's on top of spending a good amount on getting to the game, dear day out!

Thank f**k it’s much closer in the other direction then.

Buzzing for this one, my first trip to Inverness so looking forward to getting another ground scored off the list. 

We were excellent in all areas of the park yesterday. Shankland will quite rightly get all the headlines but there was plenty of stand out performances .

i expect ICT to be up there fighting for a playoff place this season so this will be  a really tough game. 

I’d line up: 

Doohan

Geggan Rose Adams Harvie 

McDaid Crawford Murdoch Forrest

Moffat Shankland 

Subs: Hare-Reid, Ferguson, Bell, Kerr, Docherty, McGuffie, Moore 

Crawford was argueably the best player on the park yesterday playing in the centre so would be reluctant to move him back out wide again. However Kerr did do very well against Partick so will have no complaints if McCall chooses to bring him back in and move Crawford back outwide and drop Forrest/McDaid

There’s only one certainty from the day, plenty of alcohol will be consumed. 

The 0-0 was a horrid dull affair as I recall. The 3-3, we scored a last minute equaliser after Rooney missed a penalty. Feels like a long time ago now.

Yeah I think it was. Quite near the start of the season where we were absolutely rotten. We were 2-0 down in the 3-3 game as well I think. That second half of the season will live long in the memory

Absolutely no idea how this one will turn out. As others have said, it should a good test of the level we are really at. If ICT are play-off worthy, then coming away with a point after a good performance would be an excellent outcome. We don't want our bubble burst by a heavy defeat for sure., but I'm hopeful we could surprise a few folk still.

Got friends coming up for a weekend at the Festival  so unfortunately not going to make this one - as it is one of the grounds I still need to tick off I will have to make sure we're there in January. 

YESSSSS!

Just found out I can make this one.

(I understand that this is indeed more important to me than anyone else).

Big test.

See how they can handle things.

Not going to be a walk in the park.

Hard game for us too!

If we score first again, and early thanks.

Passing game through the middle.

Shit week this week so buzzing now for Saturday.

Always had a soft spot for the Ayrsouls, apart from the damp in the brick walls of the Away end toilet. I predicted 7 points from 9 from the first three games. That now includes an extra 2 from Falkirk but I also suspect that Ayr will provide us with problems, especially if Shankland stays. Will Robbo stick to his usual pattern and not change a winning team. I suspect that he may well do although the fitness of Welsh may be a determining factor. I still have doubts about Rooney and Brad and I would go as far as saying that the clean sheet last Saturday was down to Ridgers, Donaldson and Tremarco. Oakley played for his place at Falkirk and was far more effective than Austin. But we need to build up a partnership and I suspect that those two will start again. It is the midfield system and shape that worries me. Will Doran return now that there is a grass surface ? If not who is the playmaker ? Shall we keep playing Polly out wide ? Are Trafford and Chalmers the answer to the defence minded pairing ? Well I would go Doran - Polly - Welsh - Walsh. My only worry would be whether Polly has the discipline not to wander but it is better than wasting him. Welsh is experienced enuff to cover and sit in the hole - I don't think either Chalmers or Trafford have the nous to do that. But Robbo may well go same again.

Archived