ICT v AUFC

Well this will be the big test to see how we fair against the bigger teams this season. Hard the gage with the 2 Thistle matches and Morton as they were both terrible.

From the outside I don’t believe the Caley team have much more in terms of quality and we are both an unknown quantity to each other. Think Moore will be back with Kerr back from suspension. Would be surprised to see the starting 11 change, maybe Kerr in for either McDaid or Forrest, but Crawford and Murdoch were fantastic together yesterday.

Doohan

Geggan Rose Adams Harvie 

McDaid Crawford Murdoch Forrest

Moffat Shankland

Subs: Hare-Reid, Ferguson, Bell, Docherty, Kerr, McGuffie, Moore

Going for a 1-1 draw. Who else, but Sir Lawrence for us.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure how to approach this one. Our midfield was very attacking yesterday. On one hand you don’t really want to change the team, but in the other moving Crawford out wide and playing Docherty (if ready) might make us a little more solid for games against the better sides away from home.

Not really sure what to expect from this one. Don’t know much about any ICT players but I doubt they’ll be much better than Morton or Partick. For the first time in ages we’ve looked solid defensively so another clean sheet would be great.

Doohan

Geggan Rose Adams Harvie

McDaid Kerr Murdoch Crawford

Moffat Shankland

I’ll say a 1-0 win with the main man Shankland scoring.

Bit nervous about this one, tbh. We can be very ponderous in midfield, particularly if Robbo starts with both Charlie Trafford and Joe Chalmers in there, and by all accounts Robbie Crawford and Andy Murdoch have been excellent in the middle for Ayr. We're also quite vulnerable down the flanks, our right in particular, with Shaun Rooney expected to function as a right back as part of a back four while also providing most of the attacking width, and that could provide a lot of space for Alan Forrest. Shankland in his current form would give anyone the fear, and while I'm quite interested in seeing him play, I won't be sorry if he does go to Dundee this week.

We've got some very decent footballers in this team - Tom Walsh has been a really influential creative force since signing, and Liam Polworth is potentially one of the best midfielders in the division if deployed properly. I'm hoping we'll see Aaron Doran come back into the team for this game, with Polworth moving more centrally in place of one of Trafford or Chalmers, but Robbo may decide to stick with a winning team. Looking forward to it in any case.    

Bit nervous about this one, tbh. We can be very ponderous in midfield, particularly if Robbo starts with both Charlie Trafford and Joe Chalmers in there, and by all accounts Robbie Crawford and Andy Murdoch have been excellent in the middle for Ayr. We're also quite vulnerable down the flanks, our right in particular, with Shaun Rooney expected to function as a right back as part of a back four while also providing most of the attacking width, and that could provide a lot of space for Alan Forrest. Shankland in his current form would give anyone the fear, and while I'm quite interested in seeing him play, I won't be sorry if he does go to Dundee this week.
We've got some very decent footballers in this team - Tom Walsh has been a really influential creative force since signing, and Liam Polworth is potentially one of the best midfielders in the division if deployed properly. I'm hoping we'll see Aaron Doran come back into the team for this game, with Polworth moving more centrally in place of one of Trafford or Chalmers, but Robbo may decide to stick with a winning team. Looking forward to it in any case.    

I was looking at your line up earlier on. Is that the same Shaun Rooney who was shockingly bad for Dunfermline a couple of seasons ago in league one?
I do accept he may have improved however!

10 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I was looking at your line up earlier on. Is that the same Shaun Rooney who was shockingly bad for Dunfermline a couple of seasons ago in league one?

Aye, he was at QOS last year. Didn’t have a glowing reference from their fans, but Shankland is a prime example of not listening to previous clubs fans.

12 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

It is, yeah; think the signing surprised a few people. He's looked pretty good going forward, if a bit ungainly at times, but I'm not sure about him defensively yet. Think both him and Brad Mckay could be vulnerable to the likes of Forrest or Crawford running at them. The left-hand side of our defence, with Donaldson and Tremarco, is far more solid.

Thought McDaid and Harvie had the look of a good partnership up the left hand side yesterday, I don't think you can move Crawford back out wide after that performance and I think that's where he wants to play, predicting 2-1 Ayr Shankland and Moffat with the goals.

£20 for adults and £15 for 16-25, robbing b*****ds. That's on top of spending a good amount on getting to the game, dear day out!

Won't be there due to work unfortunately but same again please!

£20 for adults and £15 for 16-25, robbing b*****ds. That's on top of spending a good amount on getting to the game, dear day out!

Think you’ll find that’s about average for the Championship. Actually probably cheap for the 16-25s as I doubt many clubs have an offer on for that age group.

47 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Well I for one am gutted. I was hoping that a large away support would be following Ayrshire's second X1. You will miss Shankland who is going to Skankland.

We have got to stick to what we are good at. 
No point in trying to be something we are not.
Let ICT worry about us.
We attack and let's see if they can stop us.
#winningmentality
wish more teams took this approach far too many including falkirk seem to approach games set up not to lose.

I don't think we can play any other way than attack, think this will be a good test of what we can do this season, ICT are playing well and had a good run at the end of last season if we can get a result here maybe the optimism will be justified PS the only place Sir Lawrence is going to is the top of the scoring charts

Archived