Dunfermline Athletic vs Ross County

38 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Where on earth did I say he had been physically assaulted? I was directly replying to a comment saying he needed a slap, and that certainly would constitute to physical assault.

C'mon now Grant, there's surely zero chance you think someone "needing a slap" means for them to be *literally* slapped across the face :lol:

Williamson had a shitemare on Saturday but I'm sure he'll be back at it for the Hearts game. He'll certainly need to be as that's a very tough game on paper.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

C'mon now Grant, there's surely zero chance you think someone "needing a slap" means for them to be *literally* slapped across the face :lol:

Williamson had a shitemare on Saturday but I'm sure he'll be back at it for the Hearts game. He'll certainly need to be as that's a very tough game on paper.

In the context of the post I genuinely had it down as someone saying Williamson needed a slap in the literal sense. 

Absolutely no denying he had a shitemare on Saturday, he was dreadful. However that isn't his usual standard and I don't think that the way Ashcroft went about things on Saturday helped matters, some players will react well to a bollocking but I don't get the impression that Williamson is one of those players. Here's hoping he's back to his best on Saturday, we'll certainly need it. 

If you think that footballers don’t go fucking mental at their teammates just about every week then you must be pretty naïve tbh.

4 hours ago, smpar said:

If you think that footballers don’t go fucking mental at their teammates just about every week then you must be pretty naïve tbh.

Absolute nonsense, played and watched football for the best part of twenty years and instances where a teammate has pushed another like that are incredibly rare, when was the last time a Pars player done that to another Pars player, last week at Tannadice going by your thinking aye? 

With Williamsons temperament he was never going to push Ashcroft back but there's plenty who would've and that scene would've escalated quickly, there's just f**k all need for it with how little it achieves. There's a reason why captains don't go around aggressively pushing there teammates around before going mental inches from there face every week, if you don't get why I can only assume you're incredibly naive. 

People having a problem with the way Ashcroft reacted to a team mate selling two pathetic goals and costing us a game are everything wrong with modern football. Comparing it to a normal job is also laughable, no other job, in Europe certainly, would evoke such passions in it's workers unless you are Assou-Ekotto of course.

Absolute nonsense, played and watched football for the best part of twenty years and instances where a teammate has pushed another like that are incredibly rare, when was the last time a Pars player done that to another Pars player, last week at Tannadice going by your thinking aye? 
With Williamsons temperament he was never going to push Ashcroft back but there's plenty who would've and that scene would've escalated quickly, there's just f**k all need for it with how little it achieves. There's a reason why captains don't go around aggressively pushing there teammates around before going mental inches from there face every week, if you don't get why I can only assume you're incredibly naive. 

Specifically pushing is rare, but players screaming at each other and telling them to switch the f**k on is one of the most common parts of football. I’d rather the players didn’t make a habit of going around pushing one another every week but as one isolated incident, I don’t think there needs to be too much of a fuss made about it.

1 hour ago, All-Star-Par said:

People having a problem with the way Ashcroft reacted to a team mate selling two pathetic goals and costing us a game are everything wrong with modern football. 

Yes, that's certainly it. 

I'm definitely the person that's at fault for everything in modern football. 

And how on earth are you blaming Williamson for Mullins goal? Howling post. 

1 hour ago, smpar said:

Specifically pushing is rare, 

So not every week then? Good to see I'm not incredibly naive, cheers. 

I couldn't care less about how common players shouting at each other is, if that's all that had happened this discussion wouldn't be taking place. 

Hopefully now you've admitted that teammates pushing each other is rare you'll eventually realise why it isn't great that our captain of all people has done it. 

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Yes, that's certainly it. 

I'm definitely the person that's at fault for everything in modern football. 

And how on earth are you blaming Williamson for Mullins goal? Howling post. 

He tried to spin and run the ball out of defence in the middle of the pitch about 30 yards from goal and unsurprisingly gave the ball away. Do you actually go to the games or just sit reading .net updates from your high horse shreiking in mock outrage?

You're not the only person but you are certainly in the gimp bracket which has softened football stadia, you'd probably fit right in at the Emirates tbh.

2 minutes ago, All-Star-Par said:

He tried to spin and run the ball out of defence in the middle of the pitch about 30 yards from goal and unsurprisingly gave the ball away. Do you actually go to the games or just sit reading .net updates from your high horse shreiking in mock outrage?

You're not the only person but you are certainly in the gimp bracket which has softened football stadia, you'd probably fit right in at the Emirates tbh.

Fucking hell are you mental? How much time passes before Williamson losing the ball and County scoring? Sit down and accept it was an absolutely belting goal, if you're losing your tits over a player losing a ball there then you must utterly despise every single one of our players? Or just the ones who are unlucky enough that the opponents score from? 

Never read a game from the updates in my life, go to games when I'm in the country or at least in the North of England, wanting our players to not be scrapping each other doesn't make me a gimp, it means I'd rather we won games, ken? I can't believe anyone needs that explaining to them but there we are. Couldn't be further from the truth with the second part but it's cute, carry on x

4 hours ago, All-Star-Par said:

People having a problem with the way Ashcroft reacted to a team mate selling two pathetic goals and costing us a game are everything wrong with modern football.

I didn't have an issue with it but this post is embarrassing.

The  #AgainstModernFootball bores are exclusively absolute dweebs.

Archived