Dunfermline Athletic vs Ross County

Being honest Ross County will eventually slip back down the leagues when they're no longer bankrolled like they are at the minute. 
I see us getting another win here for the first home league game.
Morris is a fanny but I've time for McManus. I shall be cheering my team and not booing either player.

I'll be throwing a globe at Morris, the geographically illiterate hoor!

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Chicken Wing said:
3 minutes ago, Potted hOuGh said:
Being honest Ross County will eventually slip back down the leagues when they're no longer bankrolled like they are at the minute. 
I see us getting another win here for the first home league game.
Morris is a fanny but I've time for McManus. I shall be cheering my team and not booing either player.

I'll be throwing a globe at Morris, the geographically illiterate hoor!

An inflatable one hopefully. 

Neither players deserves any abuse. Morris clearly planned to go down south and no fucker wanted him so had to flash his leg at Scottish sides again. McManus simply left to get more money for a team with a better (on paper) chance of promotion.

I know they'll still get tons of stick but it's largely unfair.

Best thing about playing County is bunglebounce giving his tactical review post-match. He's helped me noticed subtle things when watching games.

2 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

Dunfermline's 3-5-2

You never know - that could just have been a ploy to beat United and may not be representative of what will happen every week.

Even going back to our League One winning season with regular big wins, the possession stats were often quite even. When we’re good it tends to be all about defence and attack rather than us just keeping the ball for long spells. I see us deploying more of a 6-4 or 5-5 rather than having a traditional midfield. This may of course be pish but I’ve seen other posters mention it almost as a criticism that we have “no midfield” even in games we’ve cruised through. 

It was a 6-4 in that tied Scottish Cup match at EEP in 2016, IIRC Falkingham and Geggan just sat in front of the back four and the attacking four did their own thing.  I think County will be better organised than then, but we're still learning a lot about how Kettlewell & Ferguson go about things.

Inflatable globes? Should throw him a compass - in a soft padded case, of course.

As for the booing, not bothered, so long as the fans can take it when a player gives back stick, like Nicky did yesterday. Worked out okay in the end. Booing isn’t “abuse”. Football is theatre. It’s part of the audience interaction.

You never know - that could just have been a ploy to beat United and may not be representative of what will happen every week.
Even going back to our League One winning season with regular big wins, the possession stats were often quite even. When we’re good it tends to be all about defence and attack rather than us just keeping the ball for long spells. I see us deploying more of a 6-4 or 5-5 rather than having a traditional midfield. This may of course be pish but I’ve seen other posters mention it almost as a criticism that we have “no midfield” even in games we’ve cruised through. 
I wasn't at tannadice but AJ mentioned post - match that at HT we went 2 up front. Makes you wonder what he'd describe the 1st half formation as.

The games we've played so far certainly have had an element of being split into attackers and defenders. I feel Johnston thinks if we put enough bodies into the middle of the pitch it doesn't matter if the are natural midfielders.

We have been very much a 5-5 at times.

12 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I wasn't at tannadice but AJ mentioned post - match that at HT we went 2 up front. Makes you wonder what he'd describe the 1st half formation as.

The games we've played so far certainly have had an element of being split into attackers and defenders. I feel Johnston thinks if we put enough bodies into the middle of the pitch it doesn't matter if the are natural midfielders.

We have been very much a 5-5 at times.

Hyppo was definitely playing on the left at the start, Faiss upfront on his own. 

7 minutes ago, parsforlife said:
10 minutes ago, Grant228 said:
Hyppo was definitely playing on the left at the start, Faiss upfront on his own. 

Did Longridge just play as a conventional full back then?

That's what it looked like, was like a 5-4-1

5 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

AJ changing formation and tactics and making subs with Hipolyte and Faisal playing for us.

A few months back you would have been locked up for thinking that.

It's like we've slipped into a parallel universe and no-one's really noticed.

Next thing you know the fans at EEP will actually start to support the team, instead of getting on at them all the time.

If there's a supporter's bus I'll definitely be there, if not I'm not sure.

I expect goals, we've certainly got attacking threats but look like we switch off occasionally (Greig's chance) and Draper is often liable to hospital passes out of defence. See a 2-2 or 3-3 draw.

I expect the defensive side of things to be challenged more than it has in the 5 competitive games we've played this year.

I know the usual rhetoric that AJ doesn't change a winning side, but I think Williamson will come back in and Higginbotham will stay on the bench.

15 hours ago, Potted hOuGh said:

In case you're disappointed nobody bit there - While Uncle Roy has bought us out of sticky moments, he has also invested for the future in the infrastructure. In a future without him but without any infrastructural sabotage I'd expect County to compete in this league, get promoted now and again stay up 2 or 3 seasons, rinse and repeat.

Archived