Dunfermline Athletic vs Ross County

Mullin scored a peach against us for Albion rovers away a few seasons back. Volley from a corner.

I thought that was Ally Love?

ETA: you’re right, it was Mullin. Just checked.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im so much happier in the Championship. We're not getting pumped every week, far fewer raj opposition fans, far more good opposition fans, better threads, better away days. 

Admittedly, not gettin humped every week is probably the biggest factor, but the rest stands true.

5 minutes ago, dingdong1929 said:

Im so much happier in the Championship. We're not getting pumped every week, far fewer raj opposition fans, far more good opposition fans, better threads, better away days. 

Not gettin humped is probably the biggest factor.

Did you head to the Lizzie?

23 minutes ago, Potted hOuGh said:

Did you head to the Lizzie?

The supporter's bus was a little late getting in, so we couldn't stay too long- good mix of Dunfermline and County fans laughing at Celtic.

41 minutes ago, Comrie said:

The supporter's bus was a little late getting in, so we couldn't stay too long- good mix of Dunfermline and County fans laughing at Celtic.

Good stuff. It's a decent enough boozer and convenient for away supporters.

We will probably win against ICT as well.

:lol:

It would be good to see Beadling get on the bench. The worst thing about yesterday was the continual long punts, what was the thinking behind it? I also got a great view from the main stand of the lack of our players committing to runs inside the opposition box. With 3-5-2 and Fais and Hypolite dropping deep it was a strange one to see wingers or full backs get forward then have no support. I'm no expert but I'm sure something went badly wrong yesterday and not all of it was down to County. I've seen us twice at home now and both times I thought we had some really talented and skilful players but perhaps not playing in their best positions or in the right way.

I guess losing Martin and Devine left us really short so we had to change to a 4-4-2 with Durnam and Ashcroft as CBs. To put longridge in seems daft. I guess we were just unlucky and if Beadling and Devine were in there we would have competed better.

Would like to see us ideally get in one defensive player who can play CB/FB and a big beast central midfielder. Hate to say it but big Nat would have come in useful yesterday even big M'Voto. We have lost a bit of physicality, maybe too much?

I had a good angle from where I was for Mullin's goal at the time, but seeing it back it's even more spectacular than I had remembered it. Even the build up is nice sleak play to get space out wide.

I noticed that Ashcroft having a bit of a barney with the bench following a quick freekick from County and his reaction to Williamson's weak defending after the second goal. I'd like to have a right heidcase back wearing the armband. Ian Ferguson would be the last I remember.

We will probably win against ICT as well.
:lol:
It would be good to see Beadling get on the bench. The worst thing about yesterday was the continual long punts, what was the thinking behind it? I also got a great view from the main stand of the lack of our players committing to runs inside the opposition box. With 3-5-2 and Fais and Hypolite dropping deep it was a strange one to see wingers or full backs get forward then have no support. I'm no expert but I'm sure something went badly wrong yesterday and not all of it was down to County. I've seen us twice at home now and both times I thought we had some really talented and skilful players but perhaps not playing in their best positions or in the right way.
I guess losing Martin and Devine left us really short so we had to change to a 4-4-2 with Durnam and Ashcroft as CBs. To put longridge in seems daft. I guess we were just unlucky and if Beadling and Devine were in there we would have competed better.
Would like to see us ideally get in one defensive player who can play CB/FB and a big beast central midfielder. Hate to say it but big Nat would have come in useful yesterday even big M'Voto. We have lost a bit of physicality, maybe too much?

Nat would have been seriously overrun by that County team, judging by the highlights. He's strong and was capable of breaking up attacks, but not against sides who played quick, pass-and-move football like County did. Their use of the third man was impressive and a big monster in midfield wouldn't have prevented that.

1 hour ago, ShaggysBeard said:

I had a good angle from where I was for Mullin's goal at the time, but seeing it back it's even more spectacular than I had remembered it. Even the build up is nice sleak play to get space out wide.

I noticed that Ashcroft having a bit of a barney with the bench following a quick freekick from County and his reaction to Williamson's weak defending after the second goal. I'd like to have a right heidcase back wearing the armband. Ian Ferguson would be the last I remember.

Thought he came across as a bit of a p***k tbh. 

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Thought he came across as a bit of a p***k tbh. 

Desire to win isn't a bad trait to be honest. I think Williamson does need a slap to wake up sometimes

1 hour ago, Fungi said:

Desire to win isn't a bad trait to be honest. I think Williamson does need a slap to wake up sometimes

I don't think any of our players need physically assaulted to wake up, I think that as players playing at this level they will have bad games, considering how consistently good Williamson was last year he was probably due one. 

Going around and acting the way Ashcroft did achieves nothing, the proof is on Saturday that it genuinely achieved nothing, the only thing that will come from that is some players are more likely to think he's a bit of an arse. 

I don't think any of our players need physically assaulted to wake up, I think that as players playing at this level they will have bad games, considering how consistently good Williamson was last year he was probably due one. 

Going around and acting the way Ashcroft did achieves nothing, the proof is on Saturday that it genuinely achieved nothing, the only thing that will come from that is some players are more likely to think he's a bit of an arse. 

Physically assaulted? What a ridiculous over-exaggeration. Williamson had been ignoring his and Johnston’s instructions all game up to that point. After gifting them the second goal, Ashcroft gave him a bit of a shove, to tell him to get his act together. Happens all the time on a football pitch.

It was certainly not even comparable to the Dumbarton captain head butting his teammate a year or so ago. That was a physical assault. What happened on Saturday wasn’t even worth talking about. But you keep making things up/exaggerating things, to make our captain look bad. I’m sure that will achieve a lot [emoji106]

Just watched the highlights look at Wiliamson at the free kick also. He just trots away not even looking at his man. Longridge is going mental at him.
Basic stuff that any junior player wouldn't do. For all the talent he is still making basic errors. No wonder they are raging we probably would have went in half time 1-1 if he had just defended it properly. Play him in midfield as an impact sub.

Just watched the highlights look at Wiliamson at the free kick also. He just trots away not even looking at his man. Longridge is going mental at him.
Basic stuff that any junior player wouldn't do. For all the talent he is still making basic errors. No wonder they are raging we probably would have went in half time 1-1 if he had just defended it properly. Play him in midfield as an impact sub.

Shocking behaviour. Clearly Longridge was out of order as well. Imagine a professional footballer actually caring enough to get frustrated at his teammates for not doing the basics.

In all seriousness, I’d imagine all week in training, the coaching staff will have been reinforcing the fact that we had to watch out for Gardyne’s clever movement. Countless times, Williamson lost his concentration and let Gardyne move into space, with no challenge at all. When you add in his teammates and coaching staff constantly telling him to keep his focus during the game, it’s ridiculous that he kept allowing this to happen. You could see that a number of players were getting frustrated with him.

Did teammates shouting at Williamson improve his performance? No. However, he’d ignored 3/4 different people trying to have a quiet word with him by this point. They had to let him know that his performance, and the pressure he was putting his teammates under, was unacceptable.

I think we all know that Williamson has never looked that bad before. That was by far his worst performance for us. However, his weaknesses have always been there, with little sign of improvement. It’s no coincidence that Ross County signed Morris (who had to keep bailing Williamson out last season), and they implemented the tactic of targeting Williamson all game.

It’s something that he needs to improve on very quickly, or he will continue to be targeted by the opposition.

I really want him to succeed and get better. It isn't good to see someone lose it at another player. He does need to get a bit more aggressive and take control of situations. Rooney was another player like this. He just simply doesn't have the basic spacial awareness and does mental things at times.
He needs special coaching and has shown that his crossing has improved. I hope he has a great game against hearts.

3 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Physically assaulted? What a ridiculous over-exaggeration. Williamson had been ignoring his and Johnston’s instructions all game up to that point. After gifting them the second goal, Ashcroft gave him a bit of a shove, to tell him to get his act together. Happens all the time on a football pitch.

It was certainly not even comparable to the Dumbarton captain head butting his teammate a year or so ago. That was a physical assault. What happened on Saturday wasn’t even worth talking about. But you keep making things up/exaggerating things, to make our captain look bad. I’m sure that will achieve a lot emoji106.png

Where on earth did I say he had been physically assaulted? I was directly replying to a comment saying he needed a slap, and that certainly would constitute to physical assault. 

It wasn't just a bit of a shove though was it? If your line manager at work done that to you then you'd be fuming, it's not as bad as headbutting someone but that doesn't make it acceptable does it? I'm not making up anything, it wasn't even me that brought him up having a barmy with the bench. My point is that it achieved absolutely nothing, did it improve Williamsons performance? Absolutely not so what did it achieve? If you want your captain to go around doing that then good for you, IMO his actions at the weekend aren't likely to endear him to his teammates and I can't see them raising performances. 

Morris was a very encouraging captain and that evidently got the best out of Williamson, I couldn't care less about useless posturing, showing passion by going around and putting other players down? Nah, I'd far rather the captain improved the performances of those around him. 

Archived