Dunfermline Athletic vs Ross County

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, dingdong1929 said:

I used to have the video of the 3-3 game, December 2009 at East End Park, but cant find it anywhere.

Lawson and Vigurs scored two screamers from distance, from memory.

Anyone else able to find it??

Is it on Youtube?

I've only ever seen us play County once and it was that 2-2 Scottish Cup game. 

5 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Is it on Youtube?

I've only ever seen us play County once and it was that 2-2 Scottish Cup game. 

Couldn't find it on youtube :-(
I've seen us play Dunfermline a few times, and being based down south it's usually at East End Park, but that 3-3 game stands out as an absolute cracker.
Missed the two 2-2 ones in Dingwall.

1 minute ago, Chicken Wing said:

A repeat of the 4-0 scudding we gave Ross County in the Scottish Cup in 1997 would be most welcome. Unfortunately there's no Big Andy Smith to put them to the sword this time.

I remember Hamish French being amazing that day.
We got schooled.

1 minute ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

3-3 game was the one we went 0-2 down but were still in front at half time, right?

County did indeed score two absolute worldies that day.

I also remember a dreary 1-1 draw at EEP in a mid-week match because it was my birthday.

Almost, we took the lead, then traded goals till it was 3-2 to Dunfermline at halftime.
https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Dunfermline_3_Ross_County_3&ID=5328

Aye, the 4-0 schooling was my birthday.  Ho hum.

14 minutes ago, dingdong1929 said:

Couldn't find it on youtube :-(

Nah wouldn't be on YouTube, in those days they uploaded the highlights on another website that would only play them through the official website. 

Paul Lawson’s goal in that 3-3 game was an absolute stunning goal. Pretty sure he flicks it up and then volleys it in off the bar from about 35 yards.

Brewster’s volley was also superb.

21 minutes ago, Chicken Wing said:

A repeat of the 4-0 scudding we gave Ross County in the Scottish Cup in 1997 would be most welcome. Unfortunately there's no Big Andy Smith to put them to the sword this time.

There's another player who played for both clubs.  I suspect he is more fondly remembered by you guys than by us.

17 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Nah wouldn't be on YouTube, in those days they uploaded the highlights on another website that would only play them through the official website. 

Aye, I mind it being through your website. Cant mind if I had managed to rip a copy or just had a link?
Regardless, I cant find either, and no-one seems to have uploaded it to youtube since.
Pisser like as they were great highlights.

1 minute ago, dingdong1929 said:

Graham Bayne popped into my head today as well.
There's fucking heaps!

We're pretty much the same team.  Maybe both teams will win 2-0 on Saturday, and the world will collapse into itself.  

2 minutes ago, dingdong1929 said:

Aye, I mind it being through your website. Cant mind if I had managed to rip a copy or just had a link?
Regardless, I cant find either, and no-one seems to have uploaded it to youtube since.
Pisser like as they were great highlights.

There was a website you could go on to access all the highlights, it wasn't made public though and the only way I could get on it was by having another set of highlights, which aren't avaliable since we changed the official website, nightmare. 

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

There was a website you could go on to access all the highlights, it wasn't made public though and the only way I could get on it was by having another set of highlights, which aren't avaliable since we changed the official website, nightmare. 

??? Christ.
Thats more confusing than the guff me and Savage Henry are whittering.
Usually id say we dont even bother with highlights, but we did last week, so fingers crossed we keep access simple!

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_div_1/8511809.stm

That's the one I always remember. We should have been four or five down at half time, Phinn and Cardle absolutely destroyed us in the first half. Second half was all County. 

That was one of the seminal moments (in my own geeky mind) that cemented the (my) view that Vigurs, Kettlewell, Lawson and Brittain was the club's best midfield combination at the time.  Beating Hamilton in the League Cup immediately prior to scudding ICT in September 2009, then the 2-1 win vs ICT in November 2009 being the others.  Obviously the run to the cup final was a huge achievement for the whole squad, but I would have loved to have seen that midfield combo, with Gardyne off Barrowman, in the final.

Adams, McStay and Calderwood all failed to pick that midfield combo together for the whole of the following season, it was only the season after when we saw it again.  The midfield four went unbeaten during the 11/12 title-winning season when playing together.

Archived