Dunfermline Athletic vs Ross County

1 hour ago, Potted hOuGh said:

So do I.

They've an establshed understanding on the pitch. One that pays dividends.

I never felt that Clark and McManus had much of a connection. Decent players in their own right but sometimes a good pairing on the pitch is greater than the sum of the parts. 

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keddie was OK if you put Ruktiewicz next to him, by christ when he wasn't there though...

Petrie is also a top boy. 

Think that sums up players that have played for both clubs? Quite allot when you consider the distance between the clubs.

McManus would be our fourth choice striker at the moment I'd reckon, I would absolutely love Morris back though, was a big fan of him. 

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Keddie and Dowie as a partnership *shudder*

I still have nightmares of those two in front of Craig Samson.

52 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Think that sums up players that have played for both clubs? Quite allot when you consider the distance between the clubs.

McManus would be our fourth choice striker at the moment I'd reckon, I would absolutely love Morris back though, was a big fan of him. 

I wouldn't thank you just now for Morris back, our back three have been decent I would actually have Big Jock over Morris. I often think Morris either has a brain fart or thinks he's far better than he is, both are dangerous characteristics for a Center half.

2 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

I wouldn't thank you just now for Morris back, our back three have been decent I would actually have Big Jock over Morris. I often think Morris either has a brain fart or thinks he's far better than he is, both are dangerous characteristics for a Center half.

Morris always has that 1 mistake a game feel about him. 

Andy Barrowman is a top c**t. Not many players could be a part of our horrendous SPL season and THAT 2014/15 season in League One and *still* go down as well as he has. I have a lot of time for him and it's great to see him doing well for himself outside of football.

56 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Away and don't talk pish. He was a quality player and he'd fit in well in our defence. He was part of the best defence (in terms of goals conceded) in the league last season.

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Away and don't talk pish. He was a quality player and he'd fit in well in our defence. He was part of the best defence (in terms of goals conceded) in the league last season.

He has undoubted talent but I also felt he was prone to unecessary mistakes at times. Was too casual at times and ended up being caught short.

His biggest problem was that he is full of shite and can't read a fuckin map.

7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Can folk name a few of these mistakes?

From a personal perspective, not specific ones from a specific game.

But for me he did make them. I'm not denying he was a decent player, I just felt he was too casual in coming out to take people on at times, or a bit too casual clearing his line.

But overall he did a good job for us.

Now, I don't give a shit for him given he wanted to go elsewhere.

We've moved on.

55 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

43 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Can folk name a few of these mistakes?

I think most folk would agree that he made a few mistakes at the back talking about individual games I'm sure there are mistakes he's made in the match highlights. He was fine for this level but we have 4 players who can play his position I would say 3 are of the same or slightly better quality.  Mvoto was also in the same defence and probably on smaller wages and is a different player to Morris hence why I said if I had to have one back it would be Jock.

Morris annoyed me because he clearly has the talent to be a fantastic defender and footballer but it seems he either thinks he’s better than what he is or just has lapses in concentration that mean all his good work goes out the window. Would much rather have a solid no nonsense defender who plays within himself and for the team. The mistake at Morton away turned the game and it was totally needless. It seems he lost concentration when map reading also.

Ashcroft never would have gotten sent off against Utd in the play off first leg if it wasn’t for Morris coming out of defence and getting caught under the ball. He wasn’t just a wee bit under the ball, he misjudged it that bad that it was literally 20 feet above his head. Think that’s the kind of mistake folk are on about. Would still have him ahead of durnan & devine, based on what I’ve seen so far.

Morris is a very good centre half at this level. No matter how much a dick he's been. Having a look at the County squad it looks pretty strong(particularly across midfield) maybe not a good as us in the forward area.

It will be an interesting match on Saturday. Can only see one goal in it. Pars look much improved this season with a depth of quality I've not seen in over a decade.

On 07/08/2018 at 02:21, Poet of the Macabre said:

This has to be RandomGuy.

Our manager admitted we had offers "blown out the water" by County for Brian Graham and Ryan Dow. 

I asked how a team of of County's size could afford to do that, and how they could survive with millions of pounds worth of debt, season after season. 

I made the point its effectively financial doping, and there's no difference between them and Gretna as they're spending money that isn't the clubs to get a sporting advantage. 

No idea where the FM stuff appeared from, tbh. 

Archived