Dunfermline Athletic vs Ross County

1 minute ago, Potted hOuGh said:

I wasn't naming every village and small town in Ross and Cromarty ffs. Only a few to make my point.

Vast area with a district population of around 60,000 ish, and if you go down the leagues your crowds will go down,

Every team loses fans as they go down the leagues so what relevance does that argument have? 

This whole argument is just posturing from fans of 'bigger' clubs who are pissed off that shite like us and Hamilton have scudded them on and off the park for the last decade. If we 'belong in the seaside leagues' then it's the prerogative of clubs like yours to put us there. Until then you can f**k off with your patronising shite.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

Every team loses fans as they go down the leagues so what relevance does that argument have? 

This whole argument is just posturing from fans of 'bigger' clubs who are pissed off that shite like us and Hamilton have scudded them on and off the park for the last decade. If we 'belong in the seaside leagues' then it's the prerogative of clubs like yours to put us there. Until then you can f**k off with your patronising shite.

Yep we lost fans as well when went down.

Thanks for the response.

6 minutes ago, PRS said:

Ross County attract support from the whole of Ross Shire not just the villages near Dingwall.  They also make a dent into Inverness as I believe quite a few ex Inverness Thistle fans choose to follow them.  I doubt you'll find many Caley Thistle fans in Ross Shire and even less Clach fans.  Having said that, I grew up in Ross Shire (Black Isle) and supported Caley, but I was one of very few

Not to mention the entire rest of the northern Highlands. I grew up in Sutherland, and even when we were in the third division my class had several County fans in it, but not a single ICT supporter. That'll only have grown since we climbed up the leagues.

33 minutes ago, yoda said:

The “Gretna” comparison is the sign of a moron. No surprise to see that D.A.F.C. character wheeling it out.

He's called your club a 'franchise' before. It was nonsense then and remains nonsense now. No idea where it comes from.

4 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

We're in no position to be judging other team's finances.

Judging and discussing long term sustainability are 2 different things.

Anyway good luck to them. Seems they've had this discussion before.

1 hour ago, yoda said:

The “Gretna” comparison is the sign of a moron. No surprise to see that D.A.F.C. character wheeling it out.

I hope you note it's only our shittiest posters that are making an issue about it. I like Ross County and any Pars fan having a go is a tedious arsehole and a hypocrite because...

23 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

2 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

:rolleyes:

Oh ya, I have fair fucked it there tbh. 

18 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

On the contrary we're probably best positioned tbh, we certainly can't take any moral high ground about it, but Piracy has asked perfectly valid questions, Ross Shire apparently has a population of about 50,000 says Google, and with it being such a vast area it's pretty fair to say that they won't all have much of an affiliation with County, or perhaps football. Without the massive bankrolling would they have had such success, and how "sustainable" is the model if they're posting seven figure losses? It's a fair assumption that when McGregor? Does give it up it they'll either need to find another benefactor willing to undertake such losses or pay drastically lower wages. 

1 hour ago, CountyFan said:

scudded them on and off the park for the last decade. 

For example to say you're scudding teams off the park while posting losses like this. 

11 hours ago, Potted hOuGh said:

Year ending 2016 there was a loss of around £900k and year ending 2017 the loss was just under £1.5 million.

Is absolutely fantastical, as it is to call it sustainable, if County fans are fed up of other teams mentioning it's probably because those are absolutely mental figures. 

I think the original statement about County tumbling down the leagues is probably a bit much, I'd imagine they'd go back to being Ayr/Qots levels with a foray upwards dependent on a good manager. 

I do genuinely hope that the belief that McGregor will write of the losses isn't unfounded, their were many Pars fans(myself included) who believed that Masterton, being the Pars fan he was would never call in his money owed, we fair got stung in that. 

It's pretty fucking obvious that we're (ok, most of us aren't) not privy to what goes on behind closed doors at boardroom level*, but I think we can - with some certainty - say that there will be all number of contingency plans in place for when Uncle Roy and his millions disappear. And if there isn't, then dropping back down to the Highland League and getting pumped off Huntly is exactly what the club deserves.

We're all very accepting that County won't be competing for a top six place in the Premiership once this happens (unless another wealthy local fan decides to keep up Roy's good work), and we'll likely sink back to the lower end of the First Division, occasionally challenging for a play-off place, and occasionally dropping into the Second Division. But, despite the pearl-clutching concern from fans of the other clubs, County won't go bust when McGregor leaves.

And FFS, County don't exclusively draw fans from Dingwall or Ross-Shire. That should be blindingly obvious, particularly when you have a wealth of local knowledge because of that one summer in 1983 spent in the caravan down the back of the Jubilee pitches 

*Unless you're that weirdo St Johnstone fan who uses Football Manager as a reliable source for the internal workings of Ross County, he's an expert. 

Christ that boy really does talk some pish.

County are a decent bunch and a good, well run club that I quite like to see do well more than most.

For the next 35 games they are a shower of absolute wankers and I wish them every failure. Especially Morris.

5 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Some of these Dunfermline fans and The Scarf should have a meet up. They seem to share a an in-depth knowledge of Ross County's accounts.

At least it's no longer fucking Dundee fans giving us lectures on financial sustainability.

Don't understand what part of "we have a really rich guy who loves the club" people struggle with tbh.

I think it's been interesting watching Ross County compete well enough given the size of the town. It's been a success story for them and regardless of Geographical claims the fact remains it's a small town in a fairly remote and sparsely populated area.

The bankrolling of any club in Scotland nowadays is becoming rarer.  But like I said earlier good luck to them. As for claims of anyone commenting on finance being an expert, no one claimed that. You can look up online the background of any company.

Anyway as long as we dipense with you on the pitch Saturday all that matters.

Just one last(hopefully) comment on the so-called losses. In fact a lot of the excess expenditure is in youth development. County have spent a lot in this area over the last decade. Things like summer courses in Orkney, Shetland, the Western Isles and Caithness over and above all our work locally all costs money. The under 10’s are just back from a tournament in Edinburgh, youth teams head to the continent for tournaments. We have a team of youth and community coaches throughout the Highlands.

Add in the Development team which has been doing well from us bringing in talent from across the UK and we can see where a lot of the money goes. Is this sustainable? Probably not when Roy goes but it will stand us in good stead. We have a strong fan base in all the above areas. True, they can’t all attend all games but many come for a few games a season but contribute in other ways by buying strips etc.

when Roy goes we probably won’t do all of this but the reduction in first team spending may not be as much as some think. Secondly the extended fan base may dwindle away if we’re not careful, but if we nurture it we can still benefit from it. Sustainability isn’t always about spending within current limits, real sustainablility is about investing for the future.

Archived