Dunfermline Athletic vs Ross County

53 minutes ago, Les Westander of County said:

In case you're disappointed nobody bit there - While Uncle Roy has bought us out of sticky moments, he has also invested for the future in the infrastructure. In a future without him but without any infrastructural sabotage I'd expect County to compete in this league, get promoted now and again stay up 2 or 3 seasons, rinse and repeat.

Good luck. However being based in a village sized town it's not sustainable without continual investment surely.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully the announcer plays the Due South theme music during the warm up, and that someone dedicates it to Morris.

Think this will be an interesting game. Not sure if we'll change things - while Williamson for Craigen looks like a fair enough switch, taking him out the team reduces our threat at set pieces and I wouldn't want to break up the middle three at the moment (I wasn't that impressed by Thomson in the first couple of games but he was really good in the second half at Tannadice). Hopefully Durnan is fit, otherwise we will probably have to go to a back four and I'm not sure how well Williamson and Longridge will be as regulation full backs.

16 minutes ago, yoda said:

The "SUSTAINABLE CLUB" patter  QLFMjQU.png

Year ending 2016 there was a loss of around £900k and year ending 2017 the loss was just under £1.5 million.

Your crowds will be down this year given you don't have the Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts visiting.

Interesting comments from your Chairman about 'doing it the Ross County way', seems to be a determined character.

Reading the Accounts online Mr MacGregor is committed to putting cash into the club. Over reliance perhaps.

1 hour ago, Potted hOuGh said:

Good luck. However being based in a village sized town it's not sustainable without continual investment surely.

When/If Roy decides to pull out, our natural level will be the second tier. We've naturally a smaller support than Dundee United or Dunfermline, but we're bigger than Alloa, Brechin or QoTS. 

There is a bus on, so I'm looking forward to the game now.

Looking forward to this as I always enjoy away days at Dunfermline and it's been a while.

Real selection headache with Midge no long suspended and interesting to see if we stick with the 4-4-2 formation away to possibly one of our main rivals this season. I'd start 4-5-1 with Midge and Mullin on the wings. Draper, Lindsay, and Vigurs in the middle with McManus up top.

I'll be disappointed if we don't score against a defence containing Devine and Durnan. :1eye

2 minutes ago, staggy4life said:

Looking forward to this as I always enjoy away days at Dunfermline and it's been a while.

Real selection headache with Midge no long suspended and interesting to see if we stick with the 4-4-2 formation away to possibly one of our main rivals this season. I'd start 4-5-1 with Midge and Mullin on the wings. Draper, Lindsay, and Vigurs in the middle with McManus up top.

I'll be disappointed if we don't score against a defence containing Devine and Durnan:1eye

Every opposition has said this and they have still to get the better of them. Both have been solid for us. Durnan can be poor with his passes at times, though. 

7 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Every opposition has said this and they have still to get the better of them. Both have been solid for us. Durnan can be poor with his passes at times, though. 

Durnan is an interesting player.  Probably decent enough player at this level.  At one point, with QOS, he looked really good, and in fact Ross County came second in the Durnan sweepstakes.  Dundee United offered a better deal, and he went there.  And.... didn't look quite as competent.

Danny Devine is dreadful though, and even if he's started okay for you, you'll quickly learn to fear his very existence.  

Devine has been awful for both Partick and Caley, wonder if Dunfermline will be third time lucky?

I'd go 4-4-1-1 with Dow dropping off McManus, with Graham on the bench. Mckay and McManus seem to be confused to who's playing the #9 and #10 role, so with Dow in his best position I'd have McManus ahead of him so he's trying to turn and run at Devine. When Dunfermline have the ball, I'd expect Dow to help in midfield (I can hope at least).

3 hours ago, Comrie said:

When/If Roy decides to pull out, our natural level will be the second tier. We've naturally a smaller support than Dundee United or Dunfermline, but we're bigger than Alloa, Brechin or QoTS. 

There is a bus on, so I'm looking forward to the game now.

Which is fair. 

When the chairman does call it quits are there any dangers with regards to the debt or is it all owed to him? 

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I thought Devine would be rotten but I've barely noticed him, which I'm taking as a good sign.

Aye, the only time I noticed him was taking charge and putting in a delightful cross for one of our goals. Fair play to him, seems to suit playing in a three. 

16 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

On the scale of Partick fans pantomime booing of Scott Fox to Saint Johnstone fans issuing death threats to Richard Brittain's wife - where is this Callum Morris thing likely to end up?

He'll get verbal abuse probably from an element of our support. not from me I hasten to add.

I never thought we'd miss him that much and he frustrated me last season with his way too casual apporoach to defending our lines.

Good luck to him and McManus. Just not against us.

22 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

On the scale of Partick fans pantomime booing of Scott Fox to Saint Johnstone fans issuing death threats to Richard Brittain's wife - where is this Callum Morris thing likely to end up?

Some folk were shouting at Nicky Clark that "your daddy doesn't love you" on Saturday so probably not well.

Nothing violent ofc but probably some rather unsavoury shouts and chants.

4 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Danny Devine is dreadful though, and even if he's started okay for you, you'll quickly learn to fear his very existence.  

He's been okay so far so I'll reserve judgement.

I'm not overly concerned about the verdict from other clubs fans, even though it is based on their own experience watching him play for their respective teams.

AJ doesn't make many bad signings and he seems to get the best out of players maybe written off by other clubs and supporters.

You'll be able to judge for yourself if you attend the game.

7 hours ago, Potted hOuGh said:

Ross County are based in Dingwall but represent the entire Northern Highlands. Not all of our support come from the same fucking village. 

What bit of this are people failing to grasp? 

3 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Which is fair. 

When the chairman does call it quits are there any dangers with regards to the debt or is it all owed to him? 

Aye, the only time I noticed him was taking charge and putting in a delightful cross for one of our goals. Fair play to him, seems to suit playing in a three. 

I think he'd write it off, if that happened. Whatever debt County owe him is a drop in the ocean compared to what it's worth. Would expect if we don't go up this year for our squad to be significantly trimmed wage wise.

1 hour ago, CountyFan said:

Ross County are based in Dingwall but represent the entire Northern Highlands. Not all of our support come from the same fucking village. 

What bit of this are people failing to grasp? 

Queen of the South effectively represent most of South Eastern Scotland, it's also a pretty fucking vast place which is pretty sparsely populated, a bit like the northern highlands. 

What part of that are you struggling to grasp? 

Archived