Partick VS Falkirk

Who will win?   

102 members have voted

1. 1. Winner.

• Partick
    • Falkirk
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/08/18 at 09:08

10 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Should be the Championship's biggest crowd of the day. Will the joint Biggest Club In The League be putting us in the old main stand for this?

Yup, Colin Weir stand for the visiting fans.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Genuinely think the best lineup includes only 3 positions with ANY real decision to be made.

2 from 3 at centre half

1 from 3 or 4 for CM assuming Irving has earned his start.

1 from 2 to partner Haber up top.

I get that some folk are speculating about what Hartley will do, but some of the lineups are wild and even more experimental than what we have tried already, when we all seem to think we need consistemcy

Fasan

McGhee Dallison Muirhead Robson

Irving

Owen-Evans Froxylias Sammut

Lewis Haber

Or

Fasan

McGhee Dallison Muirhead Robson

Petravicius Irving Owen-Evans Greenwood

Lewis Haber

Depending on who is fit.  Time for chopping and changing has to be over, next 2 or 3 games with a steady line-up is what is needed.

16 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Kidd? Kidd?

Absolutely woeful that you'd play him over any other midfielder. I hope I don't see him start a league game this season unless it's for extreme circumstances

Kidd is pish, but I'd pick him every day of the week over Petravicious based on what he looks like so far. 

I dont think he's notably worse than some of the other options there . He's at least right footed and reasonably solid if poor on the ball. Would cover for McGhee too. 

I doubt he'll play but we'll start worse than him this season. Arguably already have.

Could play Owen Evans of course instead. I'd be fine with that.

14 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Should be the Championship's biggest crowd of the day. Will the joint Biggest Club In The League be putting us in the old main stand for this?

Ordinarily, Thistle - Falkirk at the start of a season would be one of the better crowds but with the current levels of apathy, I won’t be holding out much hope.

Aye, you will be in the main stand. Diddy away supports will get the section at the north end of the JH and decent away fans are in the main stand.

2 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Bet he's feeling good about his investment over the last 3 years.

All about the future. £4 million training academy opens next season. 

#SoMoney

Just now, jagfox99 said:

All about the future. £4 million training academy opens next season. 

#SoMoney

That's dandy if hes going to keep funding the academy costs year on year too.

1 minute ago, DeeBairn said:

That's dandy if hes going to keep funding the academy costs year on year too.

Stuck another £600,000 in this season. Should keep things ticking over...

5 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Yup, Colin Weir stand for the visiting fans.

Cheers. Regarding the game, 0-0 or1-1. An air of despondency after both teams' opening fixtures. We look like we'll (eventually) become a solid defensive unit but lack creativity, Thistle fans don't seem too encouraged with their performances. Both sides to cancel each other out.

Just now, jagfox99 said:

Stuck another £600,000 in this season. Should keep things ticking over...

I think we were 100k or so a year academy on top of the cost of running a first team/reserve team. Your mileage may vary. Gotta figure in the cost of the physical site as well, I suppose.

Kidd is pish, but I'd pick him every day of the week over Petravicious based on what he looks like so far. 
I dont think he's notably worse than some of the other options there . He's at least right footed and reasonably solid if poor on the ball. Would cover for McGhee too. 
I doubt he'll play but we'll start worse than him this season. Arguably already have.
Hahahaha....

You would put Lewis Kidd.... At right wing.... over a right winger....

Because of one game.

Give us fucking peace man

Are you being serious. Petra at least has pace. Kidd is so slow, has no strength and does nothing creative. I honestly think he brings very little to the team. He got pass marks last season as he became part of a settled midfield but all he does is pass it to whoever he is facing.

24 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Hahahaha....

You would put Lewis Kidd.... At right wing.... over a right winger....

Because of one game.

Give us fucking peace man

Petravicious has played more than once. He looks genuinely awful. I'm not sure, as others have said, that football's his main sport. He was known as the competition winner by Motherwell fans apparently. 

Hopefully he makes me eat my words. 

Petravicious has played more than once. He looks genuinely awful. I'm not sure, as others have said, that football's his main sport. He was known as the competition winner by Motherwell fans apparently. 
Was he that bad in the betfred games?

Petra played quite well in a lot of games he's been involved in

Is it crazy to suggest McGhee as a holding midfielder? Have been pretty impressed by him every time he has played that role.

7GwRcP9.png

I appreciate that Greenwood is a left midfielder but it would be interesting to see him drift in from the right. Also, Irving is all left foot (not a bad thing)

Archived