Partick VS Falkirk

Who will win?   

102 members have voted

1. 1. Winner.

• Partick
    • Falkirk
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/08/18 at 09:08

I can certainly see the possibility of us being in the lower half of the table this season if we don’t pick up anything here. I think the team urgently needs a confidence boost.
Apart from the defensive shambles, I can’t see where we are going to create goals from open play. We were very little threat to ICT yesterday.

Trying your absolute hardest to get to EdiBairn level of stupidity

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Trying your absolute hardest to get to EdiBairn level of stupidity

There’s a clear pattern starting to emerge here where if all is not 100% in the Falkirk FC camp, no-one should dare show any sense of concern without being mocked. I have been very clear all season that I ain’t joining either camp, but I will continue to state my view based on what’s emerging.

If you cannot see that we look far from where we need to be to achieve our STATED strategic goal of winning promotion this season, I’d suggest you are rather more stupid than I.

Why am I so concerned about this?

We got rid of the academy and embarked on a strategy that appears to be ill thought through. I raised concerns re this months ago, but have said that I am willing to give it a chance. I still am, but the early signs are not great.

If the plan was to win automatic promotion, that’s what I am measuring our performance on. If we needed well into the season to gel as a team, perhaps that should have been thought about as part of the strategy before stating the end goal.

We have lost the academy now, so don’t have much to fall back on. If we f**k it up this season, we have made significant steps backward that could be to our detriment for years to come.

The blame for that will lie squarely with BOTH the board, and Hartley.

Apologies if you don’t share my concern.

Bring on the Froxy. 
                             Fasan
McGhee Muirhead Dallison Robson 
          Irving Paton Owen-Evans
                                 Froxy
                      Mackin Haber 

2 tall strikers and not a winger in sight. Thank Christ you don’t actually pick the team.

Would like to see Greenwood start. McGhee RB and Robson LB in either formation, just pushed up to wing back for 3-5-2.

midfield there’s no great choices to be fair. I don’t rate TOE tbh. Greenwood looked like he could do well once fit. 

Upfront I’d go with Lewis and Haber. Mackin done well but it was against Forfar with due respect, so Haber and Lewis get my vote.

7 hours ago, BooBairn said:

2 tall strikers and not a winger in sight. Thank Christ you don’t actually pick the team.

Because neither of them can move and they are both unable to do anything other than head the ball? Have you seen Petra cross the ball, because I'm still waiting. 

Guest Back Post Misses
Fasan, McGhee, Dallison, Greenwood, Irving & Haber starting are the only real certainties. The other 5 could be bloody anyone.

Need a win to be honest for an absolute shit load of reasons but none more so than I’m on a day out & I could do with smiling post match in Glasgow’s establishments.

I strangely think we will get a result.

Christ I hope the budget is not spent. We desperately need another striker a right back and someone beside Irving.

Most of all though we need a pattern of play that gets the best out of the players, that's not complicated and stick to it. This constant change week after week is not helping IMO. Before anyone says he did it constantly last season too

Guest Back Post Misses
There’s a clear pattern starting to emerge here where if all is not 100% in the Falkirk FC camp, no-one should dare show any sense of concern without being mocked. I have been very clear all season that I ain’t joining either camp, but I will continue to state my view based on what’s emerging.If you cannot see that we look far from where we need to be to achieve our STATED strategic goal of winning promotion this season, I’d suggest you are rather more stupid than I.
Why am I so concerned about this?
We got rid of the academy and embarked on a strategy that appears to be ill thought through. I raised concerns re this months ago, but have said that I am willing to give it a chance. I still am, but the early signs are not great.
If the plan was to win automatic promotion, that’s what I am measuring our performance on. If we needed well into the season to gel as a team, perhaps that should have been thought about as part of the strategy before stating the end goal.
We have lost the academy now, so don’t have much to fall back on. If we f**k it up this season, we have made significant steps backward that could be to our detriment for years to come.
The blame for that will lie squarely with BOTH the board, and Hartley.
Apologies if you don’t share my concern.

Not the Full Board it was the CEO and Chairmans plan. My understanding was Hartley was happy to keep the Academy.

Cant believe people still think Hartley breezed into our club for half a season and was then given the final say to close our academy. FFS

Except, of course, that I not once stated that he did. However, he is intrinsic in the overall plan this season.
Why is it that there are so many on here lining things up such that if this new team goes belly up, it’s entirely the board’s fault and Hartley will just be an innocent victim?

Let’s see things back to basics here. Players in their natural position as much as possible.
442 - Fasan, McGhee, Muirhead, Dallison, Robson, Paton, Irving, Petra, Greenwood, Haber, Mackin
this is pretty much what is go with. the only dodgy one in there is petravious whom I'd tell to start running the wings. if he doesn't I'd hook him at half time

Game I've been waiting for as I live round the corner from Thistles stadium. Was hoping we'd be doing this in the Premier but hey ho.

I wasn't as disheartened as most were after Saturday, we were definitely poor but I think that a couple of changes would make a huge difference.

Fasan

McGhee Harrison Dallinson Robson

Irving Paton

Lewis             TO-E     Greenwood

Haber

Having a proper RB would help but McGhee is decent enough there. Absolutely no way we should start Muirhead there although I wouldn't argue with him taking any of the CH spots.

Greenwood looked decent as a sub on Saturday, he also seemed right footed so he could hopefully play right or left. 

The tricky thing is what to do with Lewis and Owen-Evans, the former seems more of a striker and the latter more of a no10 behind the striker. On Saturday once Owen-Evans got closer to Haber we looked a lot  better so I'd be willing to give it another go and if it's not working out get Petra on RW and go 442.

Archived