• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
NJ2

Heart of Midlothian v Celtic - Sat 11th August 2018, league decider.

CELTIC.
Yesterday could prove to be the biggest managerial master stroke Brendan has produced. After the week that has been. He has made five changes to his team and we have gotten beaten.
Now I here you say how is that a managerial masterclass?

After the board briefed the press that they were unhappy with his comments over transfers, most lesser managers would have played their strongest team to ensure a line was drawn under the affair and three points gained.

The team selection today at first had me scratching my head and thinking we are in bother here. I’m sure a more knowledgable chap like BR would absolutely know we were.

My point being that he was showing that the resources at his disposal were not fit to get results both in Europe and domestically.

Every other team in Scotland have strengthened. It can be argued we are left weaker than last season.

Neil Lennon walked away, as did MON when their efforts were taken for granted and investment on the team not forthcoming.

The pressure has now greatly increased on the Celtic board to invest in the team. If they do not, they face the wrath of a Celtic support who have shown faith and parted with their hard earned cash in a massive show of faith. The board cannot and should not take the support for granted. They only need reminded that it was only three seasons ago that the top tier of the Lisbon Lions was shut and banners replaced supporters as they had penny pinched for far to long and refused to invest from a position of strength.
This will no longer be accepted.

I had given up my book after Martin left as I saw the direction this frugal board were going in. After Seville, we were three players away from a possible tilt at going all the way in Europe.
By the time he left we were reduced to loans for premier players who had fallen from grace with their clubs and a team that lost its bottle.

Strachan worked miracles while taking a flamethrower to the wage bill, and for the sake of another 0.5 million pounds on the offer for Stephen Fletcher would have won 4 in a row, we bought Willo Flood instead! Ok we were playing against a team who used an illegal tax scheme to enhance their team with players they could otherwise not afford but the board did wee Chesney no favours.
The Mowbray experiment was followed by Lennon who was allowed minor fees for players compared to the market we needed to operate in. It took the collapse of Steroid FC for us to win the league under Neil, and he left frustrated after three titles as his need for team rebuilding was ignored.
This board has previous for taken the cheap quick fix when a sometimes short term major layout proves cheaper in the long run. They have lost the support once, it is only a short leap of the imagination to see they can quickly lose them again if they do not back BR and substantially.
Over to you Dermott Peter and co!

Frankie Mcguiness

:lol:

if Forrest,ntcham,rogic and french Eddie played would the result be different

Good point. Three of them played when Hearts dicked Celtic 4-0.

You thick c**t.

Good point. Three of them played when Hearts dicked Celtic 4-0.

You thick c**t.

Not that thick, if they’d played it could’ve been 4-0, obviously.

Not that thick, if they’d played it could’ve been 4-0, obviously.

That would’ve been the same result jeeeeeeees

So. According to Frankie McGuinness, playing tepid, losing football is actually dishing out a masterclass ? Uh huh. Well, if only we Jambos had understood that before we  so foolishly hounded poor Cathro out. We were on our way to greatness but were too stupid to see it !

12 hours ago, gastropod said:

I'm sure as a Celtic fan , you must get bored  watching  regular humpings of " diddies" ???  

Don't kid yourself.  That's just how he likes his football.

21 hours ago, Jambo99 said:

It is impossible to read that #NiceGoal  in anything other than a Borat voice. 

Fair play to Hearts for doing them yesterday. I have been reading some of the most monumental meltdowns from some of Celtic's cretinous support today and it warms the cockles of my heart, so it does. 

39 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Fair play to Hearts for doing them yesterday. I have been reading some of the most monumental meltdowns from some of Celtic's cretinous support today and it warms the cockles of my heart, so it does. 

Managed to get myself blocked by some sellick blogger moron called MattMcglone9 on twitter for laughing at his tear stained rants.

I think there may have been another couple of P&B regulars blocked by him too.

Glorious.

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Matt McGlone's tear stained impotence beaten into second place only by "Celtic lost because the players feared for their lives"

warnock.png

Hearts new 23yr old signing Uche Ikpeazu "The biggest win of my career" 🤣

It's that kind of unselfconscious arrogance that makes TGFITW loved all over.... well....erm....all over the east end of Glasgow.

It's not every player that gets to play for a big team like The Hertz, m8 - cut the boy some slack. 

Ikpeazu obviously not a big fan of Hamilton Academical.

6 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Managed to get myself blocked by some sellick blogger moron called MattMcglone9 on twitter for laughing at his tear stained rants.

I think there may have been another couple of P&B regulars blocked by him too.

Glorious.

Guilty. 

On 11/08/2018 at 08:14, Tynierose said:

Hellbhoy using a 1986 commodore 64.

Funnily enough I had just watched that documovie about the Commodore corporation. :lol:

Not long back from the hospital with Mrs Hellbhoy. Thankfully she can't remember the punches and kicking before she fell down the stairs breaking many bones on the way to completing a triple somersault because the banister caught her ankle and dislocated it. Joking aside though?

Craig Leiven has got the measure of Rodger's in every aspect.  His team out muscled and out fought Brendan's weakened side.

f**k knows what going through Rodger's head rotating the squad this early in the season? It clearly isn't strong enough in depth and we are only a few games into the new season, surely best to field the strongest 11 and then start to rest players when the team is firing on all cylinders and things are going well.

Well done Hearts, top of the table. c***s.

f**k knows what going through Rodger's head rotating the squad this early in the season? It clearly isn't strong enough in depth and we are only a few games into the new season, surely best to field the strongest 11 and then start to rest players when the team is firing on all cylinders and things are going well.
Well done Hearts, top of the table. c***s.

Thought it was pretty obvious that was going through his head, and if it pays off on Tuesday then I’d would’ve been a correct decision.

6 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Thought it was pretty obvious that was going through his head, and if it pays off on Tuesday then I’d would’ve been a correct decision.

At such a crucial stage to the start of the new season I'd have thought some stability in the first team would be the most important. First team playing the early games in the campaign and then resting when fatigue becomes a determining factor.

There is nae depth to cover injuries or suspensions especially in defence. The clubs defensive options are dire for the wage bill at the club. Surely to f**k the club can fork out for a big name defender and shore up the back and take the pressure of the youngsters getting thrown to the wolves so to speak.

And rotating the squad this early won't have any beneficial effect imo, it will weaken moral if the results don't happen by dropping players for bigger games when al they want to do is play until they can't any more. Boyata could be a fucking bomb scare in Athens because he hasn't had game time with the squad and he might implode thinking he is one of the worlds bestest defenders and then getting sent off trying to clean up his huge shite on the park. :lol:

Result against Hearts, so Brendan got it wrong on so many levels and got duly punished.