Heart of Midlothian v Celtic - Sat 11th August 2018, league decider.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Yes really poor. “Everybody knows I’m a big rangers fan” and “it’s up to the clubs to sort it out”

Doesn’t do a lot for hearts bargaining position.  The door is open for rangers to keep offering shite bids as he comes across as the kind of c**t who will take the cream puff and downtools if he doesn’t get his move. 

12 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Aye, be really looked like he was downing tools today. 

Not really what I said though Antonio.

Early days yet.

10 hours ago, gastropod said:

What you say is true BUT  Celtic have lost , what , 3 or 4 games in the last 2 seasons ?? Today was all about Hearts showing a real desire to compete ..If only every team put in that effort every week we would have a cracking league ..Im sure as a Celtic fan , you must get bored  watching  regular humpings of " diddies" ???  Just 2 weeks into the season and the Media smell blood .. Anyway  , good luck to St.Mirren tomorrow , would make for a fuckin good weekend :thumsup2

I'm not taking anything away from hearts they where the better team on the day but you have to ask the question would Hibs,rangers,Aberdeen play weakened teams at tynecastle one of the hardest places to get a result,this isn't just the case of Brendan underestimating hearts or his team selection,if Forrest,ntcham,rogic and french Eddie played would the result be different plus it's the first time Hayes has played on the right plus Hendry on the left centre of defence both players playing out of their comfort zone.
Is this what Celtic have to do to make the league look interesting?

CELTIC.
Yesterday could prove to be the biggest managerial master stroke Brendan has produced. After the week that has been. He has made five changes to his team and we have gotten beaten.
Now I here you say how is that a managerial masterclass?

After the board briefed the press that they were unhappy with his comments over transfers, most lesser managers would have played their strongest team to ensure a line was drawn under the affair and three points gained.

The team selection today at first had me scratching my head and thinking we are in bother here. I’m sure a more knowledgable chap like BR would absolutely know we were.

My point being that he was showing that the resources at his disposal were not fit to get results both in Europe and domestically.

Every other team in Scotland have strengthened. It can be argued we are left weaker than last season.

Neil Lennon walked away, as did MON when their efforts were taken for granted and investment on the team not forthcoming.

The pressure has now greatly increased on the Celtic board to invest in the team. If they do not, they face the wrath of a Celtic support who have shown faith and parted with their hard earned cash in a massive show of faith. The board cannot and should not take the support for granted. They only need reminded that it was only three seasons ago that the top tier of the Lisbon Lions was shut and banners replaced supporters as they had penny pinched for far to long and refused to invest from a position of strength.
This will no longer be accepted.

I had given up my book after Martin left as I saw the direction this frugal board were going in. After Seville, we were three players away from a possible tilt at going all the way in Europe.
By the time he left we were reduced to loans for premier players who had fallen from grace with their clubs and a team that lost its bottle.

Strachan worked miracles while taking a flamethrower to the wage bill, and for the sake of another 0.5 million pounds on the offer for Stephen Fletcher would have won 4 in a row, we bought Willo Flood instead! Ok we were playing against a team who used an illegal tax scheme to enhance their team with players they could otherwise not afford but the board did wee Chesney no favours.
The Mowbray experiment was followed by Lennon who was allowed minor fees for players compared to the market we needed to operate in. It took the collapse of Steroid FC for us to win the league under Neil, and he left frustrated after three titles as his need for team rebuilding was ignored.
This board has previous for taken the cheap quick fix when a sometimes short term major layout proves cheaper in the long run. They have lost the support once, it is only a short leap of the imagination to see they can quickly lose them again if they do not back BR and substantially.
Over to you Dermott Peter and co!

Frankie Mcguiness

:lol:

So. According to Frankie McGuinness, playing tepid, losing football is actually dishing out a masterclass ? Uh huh. Well, if only we Jambos had understood that before we  so foolishly hounded poor Cathro out. We were on our way to greatness but were too stupid to see it !

Archived