34 minutes ago, Mr Kirkcudbright said:

Saints were tremendis the day 1-0 I’m biast a ken but aye they were geed should I been 3-0 if chances were took canny mind threave making saints keeper work 

Are the players still on the open top bus ,or at the civic reception ? .

On 04/08/2018 at 19:49, Mr Kirkcudbright said:

Saints were tremendis the day 1-0 I’m biast a ken but aye they were geed should I been 3-0 if chances were took canny mind threave making saints keeper work 

Has Saints gamble shelling out all that cash for Scottish Cup prize money backfired?

I don’t now info!!!!is that the reason they so called shelled oot aw the money tae get Scottish cup money back? Why wid you think that?Or is that just whits in yer heed, if it was the reason Whit a silly gamble tae take cos the signings were in early before the draw but something tells me yer just talking shit 

9 minutes ago, TheInsideScoop said:

Heard that Coldstream had Saints scouted beforehand and signed 4 Berwick players on loan to beat them.

Well the reward for beating St Cuthbert is a trip to bottom of the table Newton Stewart, so a good chance for Coldstream to reach the first round.

2 hours ago, Mr Kirkcudbright said:

I don’t now info!!!!is that the reason they so called shelled oot aw the money tae get Scottish cup money back? Why wid you think that?Or is that just whits in yer heed, if it was the reason Whit a silly gamble tae take cos the signings were in early before the draw but something tells me yer just talking shit 

Sorry if I touched a raw nerve! The reason I was thinking this was the only way you can earn any money in the South is if you play in the Scottish Cup. The farther you go the more sponsor money you get. You don't get much for winning the League or cups. When the signings were made is irrelevant. Your right about it being a gamble. The silly part is hindsight.

PS/ I don't: think: they shelled out money I know.

1 hour ago, neily1690 said:

Bad result for saints I expected them to beat them and then newton to get in 1st round but cant see there bring any south teams in the 1st round im afraid now,

I'm still confident Newton will spring a shock.

• 2 weeks later...

Really enjoyed our day out at Kirkcudbright yesterday.  Couple of pints at The Masons Arms and the hospitality from all at St. Cuthbert's was excellent, close game as well.

Thanks to all at St Cuthbert's and good luck for the rest of the season.

A was no the best o games got dragged in tae a battle saints 2-1 at half time cud o been a couple more draw was on the cards till saints keeper dropped the ball with seconds to gan saints trying tae play football Stranraer putting the fouls in quite a lot tae stop saints passing game

Archived