Selkirk possible demise

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Jason King said:

Progressive clubs, unlike the bed blockers like Whitehill who are stinking out tier 5. I look forward to your relegation at the end of the season.

What odds you giving we stay up willing to take my money pal x 

Jelousy is an awful thing ;)

5 hours ago, craigkillie said:

We're not talking about the constitution though, we're talking about what should happen. It's pretty clear now that the constitution needs to be rewritten regardless of the eventual outcome this year.

However, Burnieman's argument would imply that if the team who were bottom of the league resigned from the league prior to the final game of the season, then the team above them, who had previously been sitting safely, would now deserve to get relegated for factors completely outwith their own control. Likewise, if several teams went out of business, then a team which was previously mid-table would suddenly be in a relegation spot. That's not how such situations are handled in any other league that I know of.

This is all a bit 'if my auntie had baws', like the post further up pondering a situation in which five clubs fold. We've got one club folding in the very early weeks of the season. In that context, you can argue the toss but the LL rules are not unfair.

8 minutes ago, GordonS said:

How many years has that rule been in place? How many AGMs have there been since?

Haven't a clue I just go to watch fitba every week bud. I just think all teams in the league should've been called up for the meeting they had that's all. 

2 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Haven't a clue I just go to watch fitba every week bud. I just think all teams in the league should've been called up for the meeting they had that's all. 

What was the meeting that produced the statement? 

13 minutes ago, GordonS said:

What was the meeting that produced the statement? 

Probably the league management committee ,i think there are only a few reps for the whole league. I could be way of the mark though? Would your team just lie doon and accept it? Any other league you would think all the teams in that league would get a say on the matter? It is what it is now though. 

2 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

The point is that this is a rule agreed by the clubs, the board has to apply the rule. It's too late to change the constitution now, they have to deal with the rules that exist. Any club thinking it's unfair should have attempted to change this at an AGM.

47 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Probably the league management committee ,i think there are only a few reps for the whole league. I could be way of the mark though? Would your team just lie doon and accept it? Any other league you would think all the teams in that league would get a say on the matter? It is what it is now though. 

All they did was confirm the rules as they already exist: B4 relating to relegation and H4 for Selkirk withdrawing. They didn't really have the authority to do anything else. 3 Clubs would have to get together to propose a Special General Meeting and get a rule change passed to address this specific situation that's been created:

image.thumb.png.a47fa5447c09b588c2303a855faf45a2.png

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

Well they applied the rule exactly as it was written, and they're deputised to make those decisions. So yes, I'd be fine with it. That's how it's supposed to work. You might not agree with the decision but you can't say it was unfair, unreasonable or not taken properly. 

Incidentally, if Linlithgow Rose finish second in the promotion play-off, apply for membership of the LL and are rejected in favour of the club that finishes 15th in the LL, I'll accept that too.

Strikes me as unusual seeing Whitehill referred to as perennial 'bed blockers',  they've pretty much been one of the most successful teams in this area at that level until recently.  Difficult season it appears this year but that's a relatively new thing.  

Course I suspect that somebody's just at the troll.

Archived