Scottish Cup draw

ABC123.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, tynie1874 said:

As I said above, could have been sour grapes. 180 minutes and nothing to split both teams, it took another 30mins and we got another couple which showed our desire we just wanted it more. Couple massive saves from myself one after 30 seconds and then again after being 2nil down. 

Our usual match secretary was at the party I previously mentioned in other posts, and couldn't get out his bed but half the team managed too do so and turned over one of the ''favourites'' for the trophy.

Well done. Teams from the East probably dont get as much respect from the West as they maybe deserve but you boys showed anything can happen in football

10 hours ago, Sandysafc said:

Well done. Teams from the East probably dont get as much respect from the West as they maybe deserve but you boys showed anything can happen in football

Maybe not but be sure the better teams would rather not be drawn away to teams like urselfs(Sandys). Having personally watched u's at home it is a very difficult place to go!! 

Im sure the 'in ur hedge' shouts will be frequent again this season in the Scottish!!

Who is it that brands certain teams favourites, cant really remember st pats doing anything to note over the last few years, always a nearly team when it comes to it there bottle crashes!!!

You could probably argue that the other team in Dumbarton, Dumbarton Academy should be held in higher regard to St pats. At least they have won their league and a few trophies over the past few years.

Defo just dont get what makes them favourites or 1 of them, did they not beat Colville twice last year and still lose the league?
Maybe this statement is why, if they have the ability to win one off games against the best teams in the country then surely it's understandable to see why people think they may be capable of winning an 8 game cup competition

Defo just dont get what makes them favourites or 1 of them, did they not beat Colville twice last year and still lose the league?

I think a few people may have fancied them based on their strong start in the league. They have won 5/5 and I think they’ve beat a few of the teams which finished in the top end of the table last season.

They are a very good team so no doubt fancied themselves too.

What are southside from SSMFL like? Was it them who put out Doune Castle?

That’s correct they win 1 off games, ok there’s pressure but not to the degree when u play in the scottish or west, 1 of the big 2 as we call it when they play in a game with pressure they bottle it just look at there situation last season, the league was there’s to win and they bottled it they’ve just not got that about them imo

Speaking of dark horses, I don’t think they can win it but for getting far, what about Dailly? Good pre season, 5games in the league 5 wins, breezed into the 3round ( well after a 4-0) replay win, seem to be on a hot streak so will be relishing the 3rd of of November

Speaking of dark horses, I don’t think they can win it but for getting far, what about Dailly? Good pre season, 5games in the league 5 wins, breezed into the 3round ( well after a 4-0) replay win, seem to be on a hot streak so will be relishing the 3rd of of November

9 minutes ago, TheBark said:

Come on now 

Come on now 

Big shout, but we are talking about dark horses , and I’d fancy them against alba thistle at home in the 3rd round, win that get the luck of the draw and maybe maybe last 16 or farther who knows, tbh anyone could do it really it all comes down to who’s missing players that day, what team wants it more, what weather suits one team better than the other lol daft stuff like that and also the biggest factor the luck of the draw

Big shout, but we are talking about dark horses , and I’d fancy them against alba thistle at home in the 3rd round, win that get the luck of the draw and maybe maybe last 16 or farther who knows, tbh anyone could do it really it all comes down to who’s missing players that day, what team wants it more, what weather suits one team better than the other lol daft stuff like that and also the biggest factor the luck of the draw

Dark horses to get quite far I was quoting not to win it

I hear that after every game crosshouse lose tbh, on a serious note tho, it's amateur football and a summer can change a lot so maybe alba have fell back a bit. Crosshouse and daily are two really good teams and on their day can cause upsets but for me most of the teams in the central cally and safl top league would dispose of most teams in Ayrshire out with the top half of the prem 8/10 times, Again not ALWAYS as upsets happen but most of the time.

Archived